Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hi! Looking forward to try this Alpha soon!

Question! The new AI pathing sounds interesting, but I wonder if it works the way I hope.

I have always been annoyed that I couldn't dig a hole into the side of a wall / mountain, to create a set of traps for zombies on their way through, simply because when they spawn at the top of the mountain, they will start dig down instead of choosing the easier route.

So I have made a drawing! Which way "should" be the pathing of the zombies in A17? Blue or Red? Long route, or short route?

Regards! :) <3

pathing.jpg

OH great! Now I read the patch notes! I never do this! I wanted to be surprised :upset: …. And well it sounds amazing … and now its is even harder to wait.

A friend wrote me that:

One of the devs was on a stream Sunday at midnight ish and said they (devs) have a meeting at 11:30 am CST and are hoping to release it 6:00 pm CST

That means 1 am in the morning in Germany..... I guess I go early to bed…. like in my childhood the night for xmass ,because I could not wait….:fat:

Yeah, I have only Cox out where I'm at, only 300mb max (which I have), $105... I have a friend a mile and a half from me, AT&T fiber 1gb speeds, $70 (original price is $100, still less money for over triple speeds)... I hate Cox and when I look for a house in a year or so, if Cox is only ISP (satellite and wireless does not count, lol) at a house I'm looking at, it's a dead no. Been with them 10 years (because they are only cable company in area) and they have zero care for long term customers.

Guess point, Cox sucks and regional monopolies suck x.x

I feel your pain. I used to live where Time Warner was the only choice. 50mb max for $70. Meanwhile, my friend in West Texas (with Suddenlink) was getting 300mb for $50! Right now I have 150mb for $50 with Cable One, which isn't bad, but I have a data cap. Ugh. #firstworldproblems #apocalypseisthetrueequalizer :p

Hm, sir, finding and getting a bullet casing out from a body is not like getting a stick out of it. I know what you mean and brass being ballanced could fix the problem with lack of .. of it.

You don't pull bullet casings from a body. Bullet casings stay behind with the shooter (usually falling to the ground) and only the bullet tip travels onward to the target.

I feel your pain. I used to live where Time Warner was the only choice. 50mb max for $70. Meanwhile, my friend in West Texas (with Suddenlink) was getting 300mb for $50! Right now I have 150mb for $50 with Cable One, which isn't bad, but I have a data cap. Ugh. #firstworldproblems #apocalypseisthetrueequalizer :p

yeah, 1tb data limit... if I want unlimited, +$50.... If only it wasn't so expensive to lay cable, or I'd love for other companies to come in and lay next to them for competition. Sadly, since it is expensive and all the companies basically doing deals with each other that they won't interfere in areas if they get an area for themselves, there's no competition and they can gouge their customers x.x

i know... i have cox also here in arkansas... google blast is coming but no date. but even with my 300+mb its still better then at&t which i had at one time for 6mb down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25362[/ATTACH]

7812397475.png

this the best we get in Australia... non commercial that is.. NBN fibre to the home.

yeah, 1tb data limit...

Oof. My 300gb limit feels tiny now. Sometimes I get down to the end of the month and I have to consider whether I have enough data to download a new game. There is no unlimited option.

Nice dude, I only have one.

WARNING: Don't take a drink before reading SnowDog's posts. (I feel like this should be posted in the header.)

yeah, 1tb data limit... if I want unlimited, +$50.... If only it wasn't so expensive to lay cable, or I'd love for other companies to come in and lay next to them for competition. Sadly, since it is expensive and all the companies basically doing deals with each other that they won't interfere in areas if they get an area for themselves, there's no competition and they can gouge their customers x.x

1TB of data is alot though I have 1000/1000 and I just hit 1TB per month

Guys, yesterday Roland did say that it would be LATE AFTERNOON today at the earliest... Keep your pants on.

"Rick (Owner of TFP) has called for an 11:30AM(CST) meeting Monday so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release."

Huh, I always thought Joel was the owner/founder of TFP.

Ah.. The usual pre-release rush of posts. Where there are new posts every time you refresh the page. How I've missed it!

PS. Pimps, you can ~12 hours more if you need to, I can't play until Tuesday evening anyway :)

- - - Updated - - -

You are watching streamers, in bed? Or are you watching streamers in bed?

The one might be okay, the other one, creepy :p

May need to get you a guppy window with that line of questioning lol

My "data" was Games4Kicks fought zombies and looted for about 30 minutes around a Shamway and went up 3 levels.

So 4 people if they all fought as hard would have gained 12 levels.

Double that, 24 levels

Add some time for food and water -4 levels.

= 20 levels in one hour. Its Possible. (unless exp per level rises sharply at some point)

You might be assuming that party members get 100% of the kill xp. I doubt this is the case.

Even if it were, they probably would modify that later because as you have demonstrated it would make the game heavily unbalanced.

----------------

To everyone:

A17E will probably release in about 10 hours. No matter what timezone you are in

Archived