Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I hate to put it to you guys.. but I honestly dont think it will come out today.. maybe by friday.. come on we all know how they are when it comes to timely things. Heck even the streamers didnt get it released timely.. it was over 2 hours late before they got their hands on it. I would be surprised if it came out today.. tbh

Well, if you're right then we know you're (dev) faatal in disguise :laugh:

How will we know that it has dropped? The forums go down. Everytime a release happens the Forums go 404. And bless every one of you that posted about FOV. I love 7D2D and sometimes just push thru until I make myself sick. I can't change the distance to the monitor, I would have to be in the next door neighbor's house I think to compensate.

My 2 cents? In about 8 hours you'll be proven wrong....

how will he be proven wrong? hes correct about what hes talking about.. Tfp never told anyone that they pretty much recreated the game. Of course that would take a year. They also never told anyone that part of the delay came because of a unity upgrade which would allowed to get around the texture block. Why didnt they tell anyone? Dont think it would have been great business practice to tell their players that you wont see an update for 15 months lol. Moving forward I think there will be quicker updates now that they have moved past some of these obstacles. I am actually shocked they even mentioned that there will be a release on Monday. I am still willing to bet its not going to happen. I could be wrong but I am going to lean that it wont happen.

while they want it to be as bug free as possible, just remember this is not a17, but a17 experimental. I've seen a lot of post that make me wonder if there are a lot of people here who do not understand the difference, and will be here complaining they released a bug filled update lol

да, ошибок очень много. особенно с дублированием оружия на поясе.

OMG does changing the FOV help with the vertigo???? I never considered that. Sometimes I can only play for 15mins before I have a headache and am nauseated. Watching the streams was torture, but I wanted some headstart on the new features. I watched brokenankles team and Kage and they were both really excellent.

Yes, FOV has a HUGE impact on motion sickness for me. 7DTD is one of the worst games in terms of giving me motion sickness and like you, certain days I can only play for 20 min before I feel nauseous. I can play Squad all day long with no problems. I think it's a combination of lighting, textures, graphics, and FOV.

Alcohol and caffeine only make it worse, FWIW :)

Any Tips For Updating Your Server?

You are the reason the page will not load. lol

Has anyone seen any updated instructions for setting up an A17 server (upgrade from A16.4 to A17). I know we have to blow out our current maps. Any other details we should be aware of? We run a Windows 10 Enterprise in a VM on 24 thread Xeon with 64 GB RAM - SSD drives in RAID 10 for our 7 Days Server.

You are the reason the page will not load. lol

Has anyone seen any updated instructions for setting up an A17 server (upgrade from A16.4 to A17). I know we have to blow out our current maps. Any other details we should be aware of? We run a Windows 10 Enterprise in a VM on 24 thread Xeon with 64 GB RAM - SSD drives in RAID 10 for our 7 Days Server.

open steamcmd.

type: login anonymous <enter>

type: force_install_dir c:\Servers\MyFirstA17Dedi <enter>

type: app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental -validate <enter>

done. Your A17 install will be in c:\Servers\MyFirstA17Dedi (use whatever path you like)

Cheers

Archived