Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Half-true. This is experimental, not official release of Alpha 17. Meaning you need tp choose it in Steam: right-click on 7 Days to die, go to properties, Find Beta Tab, choose to opt for alpha 17 or experimental, whatever is written when it's out. I think it's not out yet.

I've been looking under properties but it's still not there

anxiety tidbit: read while sipping hot coffee!

punching the elevator up/down or simultaneously and/or constantly DOES NOT change the actual speed of the elevator. the perception is merely given because you are preoccupied by punching a button and not watching or timing the speed of the elevator. But... if and while elevator is coming to you and someone between you and them, the elevator will stop on its way (it wont back track) and thus slowing down the progress.

warning AI will advance one day and those buttons will punch back!

since Friday I went out and got 6 2liters coder red 4 bags off cool ranch and 4 10 count boxes of hot pockets the only thing I missing is the GAME!!!

I HAD pizza rolls for this... Boyfriend kinda munched on all of them so now here I am snackless and updateless.

Steam will tell you when you can update. Your "play" button will be replaced by an "update" button

No it wont. You need to force steam to download it.

1. Right click on 7 Days to Die

2. Then click Properties

3. Open "Betas" tab

4. Select a17-experemental from drop-down menu after a17-e is released

The console command for changing FOV does work. I had Kage test it on fridayevening when we noticed the slider was no longer there.

It's "sg OptionsFieldOfView 90". It doesn't change on the fly though and only seemed to work before launching the world (so before continueing the game).

So changing the FOV is definitely possible in experimental.

Joel mentioned on stream that it was taken out for performance reasons.

Thank you for this.

I cannot play on low FOV settings, good to know that there is a workaround. Atleast the other settings are still there, otherwise I'd get "Borderlands 1 on PC"-goosebumps. :rapture:

Instead of constantly asking here, watch the Steam Database to see when the new branch gets released. There will be a new line under "Public".

https://steamdb.info/app/251570/depots/

I think we are all here on the assumptions of 'We are waiting and we all are in this together' sort of thing. Most of us know how to keep checking, but we are also all feeling anxious since we've been waiting over a year for this update. So the hype is real right now, some of us feel like zombies because we slept very little last night (me) so it's understandable why everyone is asking where the update is.

Guys, yesterday Roland did say that it would be LATE AFTERNOON today at the earliest... Keep your pants on.

"Rick (Owner of TFP) has called for an 11:30AM(CST) meeting Monday so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release."

Guys, yesterday Roland did say that it would be LATE AFTERNOON today at the earliest... Keep your pants on.

"Rick (Owner of TFP) has called for an 11:30AM(CST) meeting Monday so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release."

Where was this said? I've missed most of the livestreams because it's almost Thanksgiving and rushing around getting all the food and stuff is a bit of a chore.

No one is going to know anything Until after the meeting which takes place a bit after 12pm EST how long will it last? who knows??

Will Trolland make an appearance after or Rolland? Who knows?

Point is might not even be released to public today. I'm sure they Are NOT wanting to hold it back from us any longer, But who knows?

Not me or anyone else until the meeting is over So wait til around 2-3pm EST and check back then. My guess is there will be some kinda news At that time.

I'm out!

Where do you live near Abilene, TX, that you have gigabyte download speeds? (Do you actually live in Abilene?)

I miss Suddenlink...

Yeah, I have only Cox out where I'm at, only 300mb max (which I have), $105... I have a friend a mile and a half from me, AT&T fiber 1gb speeds, $70 (original price is $100, still less money for over triple speeds)... I hate Cox and when I look for a house in a year or so, if Cox is only ISP (satellite and wireless does not count, lol) at a house I'm looking at, it's a dead no. Been with them 10 years (because they are only cable company in area) and they have zero care for long term customers.

Guess point, Cox sucks and regional monopolies suck x.x

Is there any news on the Alpha 17 release to us common folks. I have been waiting so long, sad I missed the streamer weekend. I would have ran my stream all weekend. I am just waiting by my computer checking for updates. Could I please be able to access this today as well? Thank you for all the hard work and I love the game.

The eyes view it as a stream. The brain processes the information. But they said even some pilots can interpret details in pictures when shown at more then 200 hz. Ive also read somewhere its also the speed they view things when flying in stressfull situations, but can't confirm it. Just added as an interesting (eventual) fact.

On gaming, i can't play sub 120hz since it really strains my eyes and actually makes me see almost blurry irl after playing for less then 1h ish. The Fov issue is also a big thing for me, playing sub 80 its a no go for me. The bloodmoon doesnt scare me, in a16 it was free lootz. Hopefully itll be scary in a17, mainly since im cheap and dont want to loose loot. ^^

Yeah, I have only Cox out where I'm at, only 300mb max (which I have), $105... I have a friend a mile and a half from me, AT&T fiber 1gb speeds, $70 (original price is $100, still less money for over triple speeds)... I hate Cox and when I look for a house in a year or so, if Cox is only ISP (satellite and wireless does not count, lol) at a house I'm looking at, it's a dead no. Been with them 10 years (because they are only cable company in area) and they have zero care for long term customers.

i know... i have cox also here in arkansas... google blast is coming but no date. but even with my 300+mb its still better then at&t which i had at one time for 6mb down.

820503067_Screenshot_2018-11-19SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.jpg.6d787aed699a1b149d8ca177cb6a56ac.jpg

Archived