Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Monthly cycle? My wife is on her monthly cycle right now

and you do NOT want to mod a monthly cycle into your game. The bloodmoon is in full effect in my house and I am truely scared... with no fortified base. @TFP, if you want a good boss idea for one of your quests, just let me know.

Lmao! My wife is suddenly oogling me with those questioning eyes for why im laughing.

Speaking of an apocalypse... What if the sun randomly or suddenly faded into darkness? If I had time to mod, I would mod in eclipses and a dimming sun.

As for my earlier comment on a using a smaller test branch instead of experimental, my reasoning had to do with filtering out the whiners and complainers during reports. I was not talking about getting picked for any current test branch as if I think I deserve it. I guess its for this reason I never care to join in the discussions. My words seem to get taken out of context.

Other than that, I have been reading these forums since the beginning and you guys crack me up! TFP does an amazing job communicating. I miss the old times, but they are a growing company and I have turned many friends onto this game.

Hey Faatal - thanks for letting us know,

Additional question on that (spike)point: Does that 'lowering the hit box' include a reduction of the 'bobbing' crawling from one to the other once they lose their feet/legs? That makes it hard to aim as well (not as weird/hard as the jumping thing mind). I could imagine that the 'bobbing' is intended, but then its a bit fast/abrupt - i.e. vertical displacement is quite fast in relation to the crawl speed.

The obvious solution is a shotgun ofcourse, but that tends to damage spikes etc as well.

o/

B

I was hoping for the streamers to start this weekend. Labor Day weekend I will be away from a computer for 7 days. With lots of great games shipping and of course alpha 17 dropping. Will have to watch videos when we get back from the great outdoors. Heading to Crystal Park near Elkhorn Hot Springs, Montana. That is the Southwestern part of Montana and quite a bit away from civilization. I was told to bring bug spray, bug lotion, bug candles, bug lanterns, fly swatters, a face net, a bed net. :)

Chris

and not be bugged when they still get you :p

Lmao! My wife is suddenly oogling me with those questioning eyes for why im laughing.

Speaking of an apocalypse... What if the sun randomly or suddenly faded into darkness? If I had time to mod, I would mod in eclipses and a dimming sun.

As for my earlier comment on a using a smaller test branch instead of experimental, my reasoning had to do with filtering out the whiners and complainers during reports. I was not talking about getting picked for any current test branch as if I think I deserve it. I guess its for this reason I never care to join in the discussions. My words seem to get taken out of context.

Other than that, I have been reading these forums since the beginning and you guys crack me up! TFP does an amazing job communicating. I miss the old times, but they are a growing company and I have turned many friends onto this game.

Thats a decent mod idea Kimo Sabe!

Mod in some windrush sounds (like you get in evenings when it cools down) - and slowly dim over the course of an hour(?). Maybe not an eclipse as i'm quite sure the zombie plague wasn't as strong as to change to course of planetary bodies, but something to a similar effect.

Nice particle cloud effect thick enough to darken the sun (like a storm in a desert - just not at ground level)

Once it gets dark enough the zombies run like night and after an hour or so it gets light again and stuff resumes as normal.

Would add a little random and danger in. Starts being windy and darkening with ominous colored cloud/dust and you need to drop what you doing and find a temporary refuge to ride it out (or be bad-ass and see what comes :p).

Well, spikes took all day to improve, but working pretty well now:

Changed: Spikes use a box collider and at a lower position

Changed: AI obstacle check to ignore blocks that damage (move through spikes)

Added: JumpState Air finishing if motion slowed (don't stay in anim while sinking down)

Fixed: EntityAlive not updating block standing on when it changes (like when spikes destroyed)

You sir are a beast I don't know how much they pay you but it isn't enough, this is another example of your exemplary work, you have done more for the AI in 5 months then anyone did in all the years prior.

Well, spikes took all day to improve, but working pretty well now:

Changed: Spikes use a box collider and at a lower position

Changed: AI obstacle check to ignore blocks that damage (move through spikes)

Added: JumpState Air finishing if motion slowed (don't stay in anim while sinking down)

Fixed: EntityAlive not updating block standing on when it changes (like when spikes destroyed)

Good stuff.

Independant and despite your reasoning the half that won't be picked will assume the interpretation you didn't talk about.

Towards the end of July, as people were submitting bug fixes and uploading new art assets from their local builds to the shared build the magnitude of new art assets overwhelmed the atlases that they use. This has caused another unforeseen delay as they have had to find an alternative solution to be able to include all the new art in the game. They have found a solution and are doing that conversion. The bad news is the delay it caused but the good news is that all the new content that will be included in A17 is awesome and will be able to be supported.

I confess I haven't been able to read much of the Dev Diary this week, but I doubt this has been asked...

Is the solution for overflowing texture atlases more of a 'band aid' fix, where the game will use just enough space to fit A17's content? Or is it a more robust, outside the box solution that actually makes the atlases a non-issue?

The plains and maple forest biomes were cut to save texture space, as I understand it. So I'm curious if the solution was even more cuts, or something that might actually allow those biomes to come back (at some point: not necessarily for A17.0).

Hey guys! We still doing the Batman thing or am I to late? Also on topic, don't worry about shipping A17E yet, my new PC has not arrived yet.

You're not late, the Batman thing will be done when it's done. :-)

ROFL.

Maybe when there's a batman rainbow? (representing all 'colors', the 7D2D bat signal...)

I confess I haven't been able to read much of the Dev Diary this week, but I doubt this has been asked...

Is the solution for overflowing texture atlases more of a 'band aid' fix, where the game will use just enough space to fit A17's content? Or is it a more robust, outside the box solution that actually makes the atlases a non-issue?

The plains and maple forest biomes were cut to save texture space, as I understand it. So I'm curious if the solution was even more cuts, or something that might actually allow those biomes to come back (at some point: not necessarily for A17.0).

Terrain images weren't even in an atlas.

I wonder if that's changed...

Thats a decent mod idea Kimo Sabe!

Mod in some windrush sounds (like you get in evenings when it cools down) - and slowly dim over the course of an hour(?). Maybe not an eclipse as i'm quite sure the zombie plague wasn't as strong as to change to course of planetary bodies, but something to a similar effect.

Nice particle cloud effect thick enough to darken the sun (like a storm in a desert - just not at ground level)

Once it gets dark enough the zombies run like night and after an hour or so it gets light again and stuff resumes as normal.

Would add a little random and danger in. Starts being windy and darkening with ominous colored cloud/dust and you need to drop what you doing and find a temporary refuge to ride it out (or be bad-ass and see what comes :p).

We had a total solar eclipse 2 years ago...? It lasted for what felt like 15 minutes as everything became very dark and the temperature fell 30 degrees. It was such a strange feeling. I asked the guys at work "what if we could add that for our 7DTD lan party?". Everyone got excited lol. Also though, not my idea, its been mentioned by others before. I think it would add an element of suprise and concern while out scavenging. The sun dimming and almost going out was just a thought. What if you wake up cold one morning and see that its still dark outside, really dark? Maybe scientists started a crazed theory and expiriments went wrong- just spitballing. But I would definately add running to any dimming or eclipse.

We had a total solar eclipse last year here in the USA and other than the eclipse itself the thing that I really remember is how creepy it was when the bugs started chattering like it was night time the ambiance was crazy it seriously felt like the end of the world was happening for about 3 minutes haha!

We had a total solar eclipse last year here in the USA and other

than the eclipse itself the thing that I really remember is how creepy it was when the bugs started chattering like it was night time the ambiance was crazy it seriously felt like the end of the world was happening for about 3 minutes haha!

Ha! Yeah, thats exactly how it felt here in Oregon. Speaking of bugs, I kinda wish we had sounds like that in game. Where the nature sounds change at sunset, or do they and I just never noticed? Maybe crickets made it through the nuclear war?

Ha! Yeah, thats exactly how it felt here in Oregon. Speaking of bugs, I kinda wish we had sounds like that in game. Where the nature sounds change at sunset, or do they and I just never noticed? Maybe crickets made it through the nuclear war?

Yeah I have been asking for sound improvements for over a year to no avail, it may never come.

Speaking of bugs, I kinda wish we had sounds like that in game. Where the nature sounds change at sunset, or do they and I just never noticed? Maybe crickets made it through the nuclear war?

They are, at around 19:00. Also at 12:00 there are happening random night sound, which sometimes pretty spooky.

They are, at around 19:00. Also at 12:00 there are

happening random night sound, which sometimes pretty spooky.

Well there we have it. I guess I never paid that much attention to notice it. I guess I'm just rambling on anyways until 17 drops. More than likely ill be headed to trade school before then. So im betting it will drop in Oct, when I'm far away from my computer lol.

Archived