Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Making yourself heard is not discourage here at all, in my opinion. Everyone is welcome.

But you need to conduct yourself with some tact! Most wouldn't act like that to others in life. It's just too easy to be "brave" when sitting alone behind your screen.

Indeed, which is why a lot of posts are not read or just ignored by developers. Demanding things outside of the realm of an early access game does not fly.

A17 has been a massive pile of changes and the work continues because releasing E with lots of bugs and unfinished features will just lead to a lot of complaints and helps no one. I'd rather have complaints about it taking longer, than complaints about someone's 10 things that don't work and they can't play.

Whats the cost of water, compared to a free air block?

Will they try to pass a river, or rather run along the shore?

Can't recall testing water blocks, but they are open, so should be treated as air as far as pathing goes. When we say experimental, we mean it.

Can't recall testing water blocks, but they are open, so should be treated as air as far as pathing goes. When we say experimental, we mean it.

landmines? they are not very intelligent creatures, but when I put mines in between myself and them, they will walk around instead of over.

5,000,000 views for the last year since the thread started and we'll gain another 3,000,000 on just the Sunday night to Monday morning after the the A17 Stream Event. :)

Then we will have something this Sunday? or my translator does not work well?

You're a software developer and you're calling for optimisations during alpha?

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

I expect optimizations to start coming once beta hits, as beta is usually mostly feature complete and its more fine tuning, fixes and optimizations. Expecting massive optimizations in a alpha is kinda silly, with the nature of that testing branch. We do get some though which i'll gladly take. Lets just be glad its not monster hunter world on pc, the game is a unoptimized mess, even a top end pc has some issues running it at a steady 60 fps, its not that graphically impressive of a game either, it looks pretty enough but yeah its a poorly optimized mess especally if you have a AMD videocard.

Why did they take out (smells) in the first place?

I've always thought they were stupid to have smells in the game in the first place. Its well known zombies find you by sight, or hearing. If it was by smell people would never be able to hide.

I've always thought they were stupid to have smells in the game in the first place. Its well known zombies find you by sight, or hearing. If it was by smell people would never be able to hide.

Whether or not zombies use the smell system isn't the only factor, there are also wolves in the game and a canine's nose is far better than a humans.

Whether or not zombies use the smell system isn't the only factor, there are also wolves in the game and a canine's nose is far better than a humans.

dont forget the zombie dogs and zed bears and actual bears. and if guppy doesnt take a bath soon, even nose dead smokers will be able to track him

landmines? they are not very intelligent creatures, but when I put mines in between myself and them, they will walk around instead of over.

ha! if they walk around them then they will be more intelligent than me! mines are about all that get me these days. there was one on top of the crane in joe bros the other day. I was sneaking along the top, sniping zds as they came into sight and I missed seeing the mine altogether. nearly s**t myself. very dead after a long fall.

Zombie spike interaction is weird ATM. They treat them as solid blocks and will walk around them or jump over if that is cheaper, but jumping on top makes them slow fall into the spike, which makes them appear stuck and they attack the spikes, but take damage since they are on them. It just looks odd as they slowly fall into and then slowly walk on top of spikes.

FAATAL,

Is there a way to code it that if the zombies are taking damage from the front faces of a block ..they wont jump on top of them?? Injury stops them from jumping ???

Regards

Ouch

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

Indeed, which is why a lot of posts are not read or just

ignored by developers. Demanding things outside of the realm of an early access game does not fly.

A17 has been a massive pile of changes and the work continues because releasing E with lots of bugs and unfinished features will just lead to a lot of complaints and helps no one. I'd rather have complaints about it taking longer, than complaints about someone's 10 things that don't work and they can't play.

This is exactly why I wish there was some test branch instead of experimental or prior to, that would allow only a select few of us in helping debug. I guarantee there are more than a handfull of us in the forum willing to join a test branch and be professional about it. If there is a place to signup and a secure format for communicating our findings, I would be glad in helping speed up the process. Atleast for me, fun is found in problem solving.

This is exactly why I wish there was some test branch instead of experimental or prior to, that would allow only a select few of us in helping debug. I guarantee there are more than a handfull of us in the forum willing to join a test branch and be professional about it. If there is a place to signup and a secure format for communicating our findings, I would be glad in helping speed up the process. Atleast for me, fun is found in problem solving.

This already exists.

Depends on your since of smell. I have a dog that could track me down anywhere in the house.

On the other hand most zombies were former humans. Meaning that there since is much worse than a dogs. So unless you are being hunted by a dog zombie the smell would have to be very strong. Otherwise they could never find you that way.

I would totally do bug hunting and QA. I've done it before. I don't know much about fixing them, as far as code goes... but i have plenty of experience finding, and reporting. And since i'm now okay for streaming and recording, I can take vid of it and make gifs so people see what I see, and even see the logs, etc.

Or can package up the logs in the report and send them, etc.

Depends on your since of smell. I have a dog that could track me down anywhere in the house.

On the other hand most zombies were former humans. Meaning that there since is much worse than a dogs. So unless you are being hunted by a dog zombie the smell would have to be very strong. Otherwise they could never find you that way.

Sense, not since. Just my two cents.

This already exists.

I get that for the most part Guppy, but then where does one go to signup and help in the process? I guess I just think instead of releasing experimental (beer may be kicking in) there should be a more structured branch devoted only to testing. Filter out the whiners and those that dont understand that its experimental. I guess if there is such a branch, someone can message me and others in the forum.

I get that for the most part Guppy, but then where does one go to signup and help in the process? I guess I just think instead of releasing experimental (beer may be kicking in) there should be a more structured branch devoted only to testing. Filter out the whiners and those that dont understand that its experimental. I guess if there is such a branch, someone can message me and others in the forum.

...and there is. Look for the blue people (unholy joe). The latest addition to that team was added (I believe) do to the detail in their bug reports for experimental.

Post good bug reports, and if there's an opening, they'll tap you.

...and there is. Look for the blue people (unholy joe). The latest addition to that team was added (I believe) do to the detail in their bug reports for experimental.

Post good bug reports, and if there's an opening, they'll tap you.

This. the horse comes before the cart. If you want to be valued, be valuable :)

Archived