Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hi,

Would you be willing to disclose how many hours you gave your money away for? :)

Roland told me I wasn't allowed to start posting until I sank two thousand hours into the game.

Surely he did the same for everyone else, as we all know your opinion isn't valid until you've completely rebuilt the entire Navezgane map underground.

Not bad, but we want this one back :
;) I still remember my first minutes ingame because of this , just awesome feeling !

Yeah that tune still catches me. It was the theme song when I joined the band wagon (at 8.4 I think).

I believe there was some issue with it resembling other (prior?) content - something called 28 days later (similar) and/or 'Suspense' by Monophobia Studios (exact). I can't remember the fine bits but DCMA was involved. I'd like to have it back, but maybe the new song they pretty much annouced is also gonna be great.

Dealing with life's ups and downs, I have found that ones Attitude is 95% of success in life.

This leads into the the backstory of the screamer:

One day a very positive young lady had to go to the dentist, just before the zombie virus was spread by the New World Order.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24925[/ATTACH]

The dentist became infected first and he drilled a root canal, with no shot of Novocaine! The burnt smell was as terrible as the pain she felt.

As she turned into a zombie, she was sad:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24926[/ATTACH]

Now, whenever she smells something burning, she hurries over there, hoping for that shot of Novocaine that never comes.

You can give her that shot of Novocaine...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24927[/ATTACH]

There is the backstory of the Screamer. Another tortured soul that needs your help in A17... Like Roland and I are doing RIGHT NOW! RAT Patrol baby! Day 72!!! :D

I love it! This is a great screamer backstory!

FAATAL,

Is there a way to code it that if the zombies are taking damage from the front faces of a block ..they wont jump on top of them?? Injury stops them from jumping ???

They jump before they take damage, like they would jump up on any block, when the path goes over. Might be better if jump is disabled when destination is a spike, so they just walk through.

They jump before they take damage, like they would jump up on any block, when the path goes over. Might be better if jump is disabled when destination is a spike, so they just walk through.

This would be very nice. Really annoying when they walk OVER the rows of spikes and then die where we can't get to them. (without chopping our way in, or using creative mode)

I heard A18 will add Zombies in Space.

it's raining Zombies, hallelujah!

- - - Updated - - -

then youve seen Zomb's try to jump over upright log spikes and get stuck jumping, you know how hard it is to shot those with a arrow or bolt!

it's raining Zombies, hallelujah!

- - - Updated - - -

then youve seen Zomb's try to jump over upright log spikes and get stuck jumping, you know how hard it is to shot those with a arrow or bolt!

I was just thinking:

Put a lip around your fort at 4 meters.

Put spikes pointing down, 3 meters.

Put plates at ground level.

The spikes will be doing head shots!

If it doesn't work , use a wedge instead!

I think forts might not be as weak as we think! :)

Update: OK, I will not say how I got it to work as it might be too good, but what I got there is on the right track. I plan abusing the hell out of it. Damn zombies, get some! :)

I'm reworking jumping and spike interaction.

See and here some of you guys think the Devs aren't listening.

I can't wait to see how the zombies behave in A17 because Faatal has put a ton of work into them, it's all very exciting!

Faatal,

Thanks for the response...can you explain if you are in the know ....is it possible to give bedrolls a NO SPAWN area when placed.

Especially early on..you most likely will take over a POI. Having that safety area would be big...basically, if you clear a building and secure it, zombies shouldn't spawn in on you. Also..the block would be lifted once you place another bedroll as you move on.

Maybe make it like a land claim in the server xmls..to be adjusted??

Regards,

Ouch

MTFGA

A18 needs an option where we can quickly clone a base we're proud of and then benchmark it vs. a preset flow of zombie spawns for an official score.

I'd say A17 but I'm part of the boners hoping it'll still drop today.

I would absolutely **LOVE** that! really test out some of a horde bases.

I do hope Blueprints make it to A18... one of the things i loved about Factorio, or the X / Y Axis build helper like in Empyrion & Robocraft

Archived