Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

zombies doesnt get stuck between spikes. that should be fixed why would zombies get hurt on upside down spikes

but what to fix?

Zombie walk on block = damage. ie: working as designed.

Game doesnt care about orientation of block only that its being walked on.

Just discovered and fixed another one a few minutes ago:

Fixed null error in player melee raycast if attack and then enter a vehicle.

I Think having you around dose not distract you , it gives you inspiration to solve bugs , keep the hard work :)

we say 29 bugs left? .... lol

zombies doesnt get stuck between spikes. that should be fixed why would zombies get hurt on upside down spikes

That's fair; in fact I hope it is something that is addressed down the road, I was surprised it worked in the first place. I just find it looks neater, my wife hates it, heh. One of the other benefits is preventing the "bobbing" the zombies do when travelling over them, its like whack-a-mole with high powered rifles.

Really? My ears...

As the Guns aren´t loud enough...My neighboors call the Police if i play 7dtd..

I have to lower the sound but its impossible to hear anything else then...

How about a option to lower gun sounds for people?

Headphones...

[insert reason why headphones aren't an option]

Really? My ears...

Dude how loud do you have to have the sound for the neighbors to call the police on you it must be rattling the walls, you either need hearing aids or you need to move.

so when he came in to answer a question or two... the testers sent some more his way. :)

no way!!? .. so its doubled now? . became 60 bugs to go :( .... lol . i still want him around just to give us some hype and clean alpha. :)

and please smaller patches after this one. do we agree on that ? MM is silent for a while and we are still far form page 2000. ;)

RWG:

It took that long to make the world.

Loading it and playing it works just like Navezgane because it is in the same data format once created. The game actually thinks it is another premade map choice when you start a new game.

It is two steps now. Make random world. Start new game with that world. Don't know what the real UI will be.

Does that mean we will be able to have more than one character on the same map?

If the headbobsimulatorextreme2000 of zombies on top of spikes is reduced. Then I would feel for the Devs to remove damage of upside down spikes. However.... as it is right now.

- Mega annoying headbob

- zombies glitching through spikes (I hope this will ever get fixed) meaning you can't damage their head.

- because of the weird position of dead zombies, more zombie corpses get hacked away.

Especially the glitching and the headbob are so annoying. That said, zombies glitch through more objects than just spikes. Which is also mega mega mega annoying.

Really? My ears...

I could be wrong but I don't think Fataal is actually talking about increasing the sound the player hears coming from the monitor but increasing the sensitivity at which the entities can hear/react to it.

Example:

<Noise ID="5" range="50" volume="20" time="2" heat_map_strength="0.3" heat_map_time="120"/>

This has nothing to do with your volume settings and what is being outputted to your monitor and is only used by the entity.

So even if you change the range="50" to range="100" or volume="20" to volume="100" It changes nothing to the games volume output coming out of your monitor but it does affect the entities ability to "hear" acknowledge it.

again, I could be wrong and maybe he is changing the sound clip db levels.

edit: If he is changing some sounds.. my vote is: Increase the zombie footstep clips and lower the Auger and Chainsaw running clips. ;)

This is where I always just sigh when I read comments when they decide they don't want players to do x, y. and z. Play YOUR game the way you want to and move on. Who cares if people make tree stands, underground bases, or ride behemoths around. So many enjoyable things to do in this game. I hate to quote Aaron Rogers because I hate the Packers, but "Just Relax".

Who would EVER post something against this? We talking piggy back or sitting on the shoulders?

All light fixtures have brass??? OMG! All these games using ammo like it was my own blood! Ah well, it made the game very interesting with a brass shortage.

No, not all light fixtures and faucets. The lights and faucets made of brass are gold-colored. If you've got the room to spare, don't scrap the faucets, doorknobs, candle holders, or trophies. Scrapping them only gives you 75% of the brass they are worth instead of when they are smelted whole in the forge.

From what I remember/was told, if the outside light on a house is brass then the fixtures inside would be brass.

If the headbobsimulatorextreme2000 of zombies on top of spikes is reduced. Then I would feel for the Devs to remove damage of upside down spikes. However.... as it is right now.

- Mega annoying headbob

- zombies glitching through spikes (I hope this will ever get fixed) meaning you can't damage their head.

- because of the weird position of dead zombies, more zombie corpses get hacked away.

Especially the glitching and the headbob are so annoying. That said, zombies glitch through more objects than just spikes. Which is also mega mega mega annoying.

Exactly. I'd much prefer another style of spikes that were upgrade-able, but don't have the circus act. Something like:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUth408Bnsr3zAj7qa8AoCgYtWQaF5AJTLDywwmAruWPJDnschGg

Where they are still reinforced metal, resilient enough not to break each time, and still damaging to hurt/slow the zombies without this huge logs that they glitch into.

I could be wrong but I don't think Fataal is actually talking about increasing the sound the player hears coming from the monitor but increasing the sensitivity at which the entities can hear/react to it.

Example:

<Noise ID="5" range="50" volume="20" time="2" heat_map_strength="0.3" heat_map_time="120"/>

This has nothing to do with your volume settings and what is being outputted to your monitor and is only used by the entity.

So even if you change the range="50" to range="100" or volume="20" to volume="100" It changes nothing to the games volume output coming out of your monitor but it does affect the entities ability to "hear" acknowledge it.

again, I could be wrong.

you are correct Tin. :)

Well, we don't want you going deaf playing the game. I was talking about noise generated. What the zombies hear. Guns were only like 2 or 3 times louder than jumping.

Archived