Current high demand Pimp Dreams (Constant W.I.P)

Kage

Already wrote this on the forum, but since there is such a topic i will create my wishlist

World game options:

1. RWG option "All POIs are unique" - each city becomes unique, and not a set of the same POIs in different variations. Possibly flexible setting that does not allow using more than N times, preferably separate for different tier POI's.
  2. Quests option "All trader's quests are unique (1 POI = 1 use in quests)" - will push player to roam and explore the world as previous option, and not sit in one place and grind the same buildings, gradually becoming discouraged and tired of the game
  3. Trader option "Manual setting of the assortment and trader's rewards"  - Trader is super broken OP spoiling the game. Simple rebalancing won't help those who want to play with 25% or 50% loot or just wants a more difficult game. At least a slider is needed that adjusts the value of its rewards and assortment.
  4. Extra BM options to adjust the intensity and fullness of blood moons - now the first blood moons last very little and you need to wait a very long time before the demolishers appear. You will get bored with the game faster than you will see them for the first time if you play well, especially if you are an experienced player

Balance fixes:

1. Repairing and building game mechanic - with nailgun you can neutralize any damage to your building. A timer is needed, as with looting and lockpicking, the time of which depends on the tool, the lack of durability and the presence of enemies nearby. And same timer/inability to build blocks if there is an enemy nearby
  2. Electric fence - extremely OP in BM defence (very strong stun effect, infinite response limit, too cheap and too low consumption than you can create miles of fence)
  3. Pipe bombs, grenades, grenade launcher - all explosives have incredibly high damage to enemies and incredibly low damage to blocks (except of dynamite), high damage to enemies must be compensated by damage to blocks (your base) or high cost. Better both. In fact, you can use only Pipe Bombs to beat all BM
  4. Primitive tools - OP tools due to mod slots and stamina consumption
  5. Gas recipe  - OP perk improvement from 1:1 to 1:125
  6. Dead perk Treasure Hunter - only t1-2 excavation quests, low impact, too strong alternatives even at the beginning of the game when this perk is relevant
  7. Dead perk Lock Picking - few locked chests, locked chests have little loot, auger works better than lockpicks in endgame
  8. OP perk Adventurer - unnecessary explanations. the trader gives out too valuable rewards
  9. OP perk Barter - it would be okay if it weren't for the secret cache. gives you AK on day 2, crucible and thousands of concrete on day 4, auger on day 7, etc
  10. Fines for death, hunger, thirst, weather - now they are practically not in the game, they are too insignificant. Death removes debuffs, making it useful. The lack of a penalty for all of this renders the "Well Insulated", "Healing Factor", "Iron Gut", etc, perks useless

11. Air drops - too weak. Its never worth the time. Only if you accidentally walked by.

Other:

1. Permadeath mode, maybe with everyday backup "saves". The latter will allow you to play at extremely high difficulty settings, really overcoming difficulties, but not lose all progress.
  2. AI changes to make zombies less predictable
  3. Option to fixate world settings, possibly with a pre-planned scenario for changing them. For example, for a player-independent increasing difficulty
  4. Inventory system rework - it's very bad that in this game 1 feather = 6000 units of iron. The inventory is very well implemented in the Undead Legacy, where you have a large number of slots and a weight limit. Every item has a weight. This way you don't have to choose between 1 feather and a stack of iron and you do not waste a significant part of the gameplay analyzing what you need to throw away

1) Adopt terrain glitch hole protection to prevent players from intentionally or unintentionally seeing through the ground.  Several mods are available that do this, but it should be adopted by TFP for inclusion in the vanilla game.   They really do work well.  No reason that the admins have to mod their servers to fix this prevalent exploit.   No reason for TFP to not do this, since several modders have fixed this problem already for free.  Just download, copy, verify, and you're gtg. 

2) Itemblacklist.xml that the server regularly checks against to monitor inventory items of players.  Auto-kick and Auto-ban options.  This will prevent players from spawning in unavailable items via creative on multiplayer servers.   Not perfect, but it catches the lazy cheaters that download teh H4x and hop in a MP game for a quick fix. 

3) Provide improvements to ensure servers are protected against DDOS attacks.   I know of multiple servers that were very popular and DDOS'd to death by salty scrubs in early A19.  Why is this not a major problem for other publishers.... or maybe it is?  Even with setting up VPN's and all sorts of fancy double natting, tunneling, and bs that adds latency, these owners couldn't defend themselves.  Really, they had to break down and rent very expensive servers that provided sophisticated DDOS protection tools which only sort of worked.  Very disappointing to invest in a $3000 server to run this for a community of over 2000 active players on it (running 40-50 active players at a given time), and then have it DDOS'd to death.  Rentals ran about $150/month. 

Edited by Poojam (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!
All of these new idea sounds great! I would love to fish for food haha :)
Big fan of the game and I wanted to share an idea I have but don't know where to post it 😕

In game live town events. Like many MMOs did in the past or are currently doing, these events only happen if a player or multiples players are either in the vicinity of or accept to be part of it.
Example, you pass next to a cop station and there is an event called (The station is getting overwhelmed) that can trigger (or be trigger) after (x) amount time. It could say the difficulty level and have rewards upon completing. It could make you team up with NPC (or not) and could have many new rules and challenges and I think it would add a lot to the game. If failed then it could be repeated and if completed then you cant do it again. I think it would add a sense of achievements to players and make game progress more engaging by all :).
What do you guys think about it? It could also scale with the Biomes making it more appealing to leave your current town and venture out to new citys for more of these specific events :). I know it would be a long and probably hard task to do but it would definitely add a lot to the next experience.

The game is amazing as is and this is just an idea I think that it would bring even more love to the game. Cheers!
Keep up the great work Fun pimps. Love your game! Even after playing it for almost 1000 hours :D And getting pretty much everyone I know involved with the game haha;).

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting annoyed with the generic horn sounds and would like more options for horns. I was thinking maybe separate vehicle mods for different horn sounds (e.g. bicycle bell, trucker honk honk, or some novelty sounds). Perhaps a radio / car stereo mod that lets you listen to a url of your choosing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2021 at 21:07, Gorby said:

Estaba molesto con los sonidos genéricos de bocina y me gustaría tener más opciones para bocinas. Estaba pensando en mods de vehículos separados para diferentes sonidos de bocina (por ejemplo, campana de bicicleta, bocina de camionero, o algunos sonidos novedosos). Tal vez un mod de radio / estéreo de automóvil que le permita escuchar una URL de su elección.

It is unintelligible that we  only have the same air horn in all vehicles, I think it is the same since ... I play at least !. That of putting radio or our themes is good idea (as in GTA), but if there are several of us using this option in an SV, the memory and resources issue may be the limiting factor.

I think A20 sound has improved a lot. They really need to focus on sound. Would be nice if objects could have their own sounds. For example when it gets stormy or windy outside, the doors, shutters, and other objects rattle. Sound is so underrated. I love the slow acoustic guitar music! Keep up the great work Pimps!!

Edited by Rabbitslovecactus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 14:44, Rabbitslovecactus said:

Creo que el sonido del A20 ha mejorado mucho. Realmente necesitan concentrarse en el sonido. Sería bueno si los objetos pudieran tener sus propios sonidos. Por ejemplo, cuando hay tormenta o viento afuera, las puertas, persianas y otros objetos traquetean. El sonido está tan subestimado. ¡Me encanta la música lenta de guitarra acústica! ¡¡Sigan con el gran trabajo Pimps!!

The atmosphere has gained a lot and it is something that I take off my hat! Storms and lightning are really scary! Everything related to the weather has improved constantly, I appreciate it! 😁💪

• 1 month later...

I’m sure I speak for at least 90% of people when I say that people like JaWoodle who constantly find ways to break the game or exploit a specific thing is something that we probably don't use and isn’t actually a problem. Even streamers themselves don’t use most if any of them. They in turn find challenges to make the game harder by limiting themselves to specific parameters. Which bring me to my first suggestion.

More slider / options for game controls, i.e. more or less food spawns, ammo, tools, books, weapons, armour, enemy type on or off. Let us decide how hard we want to play it. Maybe an animal and loot found food wouldn’t exist and you had to farm only. As an example. It should not be hard to implement as its really just the same as the current selections only more indepth.

The option for non learning players to skip the intro tutorial stage

The ability that upon book series completion & perks that tier 6 items can be crafted if the weapon type has been maxed out

More map markers and control over what you can filter through

A use for .44, more weapons and turrets. What about a .44 rifle?

Bows are decent at the moment but all shots from a bow shouldn’t wake neighbouring zombies. Bows traditionally are a stealth weapon.

More specific item mods

Dual knife, clubs, batons & pistols, maybe through perks? Shots fired could be alternating. There is a massive waste as you only get to use one hand unless using a two handed weapon

Bladed Melee weapons, Swords & Polearms, non-throwable

A rework or overhaul for spears. We’d rather use a bone knife then use a spear.

A wallet to store X amount only before inventory slots are used

A backpack to give another row of storage

A belt to hold a medical item/s / Money

Options to have turrets fire upon specific enemy types i.e. vultures only, cops, spiders

Food needs an overhaul as it is technically impossible to die of hunger. Bring back dysentery or food poisoning with canned food. Maybe implement a food lifespan?

POI player traps, maybe one off’s dart traps triggered by trip wires, along the same lines as elder scrolls. Maybe falling rocks or even poisoned darts

Implementation of inventory slot locks – almost all people use a mod for this and to have it already in the game just makes sense.

Working appliances, maybe they make the advanced foods or better quality food

Maybe bring back some of the deleted zombies from previous builds to add more variety to the enemies. Maybe more zombie animals

Farming of crops is a little broken at the moment but how about animals, maybe just chickens for food, eggs and feather production?

Master Chef should probably be a book series

Edited by Whislter (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Whislter said:

I’m sure I speak for at least 90% of people when I say

Bold claim  🙂  Never claim that you are speaking for a majority of people, just state what you think should be.

You can already do that by just canceling the quest at the beginning.  You lose the option of gaining 4 free skill points, but you have that option.

Instead of the current system of being able to find the individual recipes in the world (and being able to purchase them from the traders)?

19 hours ago, Whislter said:

I’m sure I speak for at least 90% of people when I say that people like JaWoodle who constantly find ways to break the game or exploit a specific thing is something that we probably don't use and isn’t actually a problem. Even streamers themselves don’t use most if any of them. They in turn find challenges to make the game harder by limiting themselves to specific parameters. Which bring me to my first suggestion.

More slider / options for game controls, i.e. more or less food spawns, ammo, tools, books, weapons, armour, enemy type on or off. Let us decide how hard we want to play it. Maybe an animal and loot found food wouldn’t exist and you had to farm only. As an example. It should not be hard to implement as its really just the same as the current selections only more indepth.

The ability that upon book series completion & perks that tier 6 items can be crafted if the weapon type has been maxed out

More map markers and control over what you can filter through

A use for .44, more weapons and turrets. What about a .44 rifle?

Bows are decent at the moment but all shots from a bow shouldn’t wake neighbouring zombies. Bows traditionally are a stealth weapon.

More specific item mods

Dual knife, clubs, batons & pistols, maybe through perks? Shots fired could be alternating. There is a massive waste as you only get to use one hand unless using a two handed weapon

Bladed Melee weapons, Swords & Polearms, non-throwable

A rework or overhaul for spears. We’d rather use a bone knife then use a spear.

A wallet to store X amount only before inventory slots are used

A backpack to give another row of storage

A belt to hold a medical item/s / Money

Options to have turrets fire upon specific enemy types i.e. vultures only, cops, spiders

Food needs an overhaul as it is technically impossible to die of hunger. Bring back dysentery or food poisoning with canned food. Maybe implement a food lifespan?

POI player traps, maybe one off’s dart traps triggered by trip wires, along the same lines as elder scrolls. Maybe falling rocks or even poisoned darts

Implementation of inventory slot locks – almost all people use a mod for this and to have it already in the game just makes sense.

Working appliances, maybe they make the advanced foods or better quality food

Maybe bring back some of the deleted zombies from previous builds to add more variety to the enemies. Maybe more zombie animals

Farming of crops is a little broken at the moment but how about animals, maybe just chickens for food, eggs and feather production?

It is too late about weapons sorry.  about skipping - some player would some not so this would broke balance on PVP servers.

about options - yes it will be hard because items are in groups ( this is like hm.... you can't  halve of buidling because everything will colapse)

Food will be overhaul - i mean - changes in farming loot and traders, food lifespan will not return because players hate this

traps can't works in voxel game with destructable world.

Well we hope there will more zombies types

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Bold claim  🙂  Never claim that you are speaking for a majority of people, just state what you think should be.

Little bit offtop but maybe he mean: i speak with X number of people and 90% them agree that....

On 3/9/2022 at 4:15 AM, BFT2020 said:

Can literally say that in any discussion, forum read through, live stream or just video comments, can I say that I have never seen anyone say they use any of the exploits, (Helicopter glitch excluded mind you). And it would normally become a thing to avoid, as cheesing isn't a challenge in an already great game.

I would like to see the ability to craft the wood stove that is only used a decoration right now. Have it take the same add ons as the campfire (pot, grill) but have it use less resources and have faster cooking times. It should only cost some forged iron and maybe a mechanical part or 2 to craft it. Maybe perk 3 in Master Chef could be used to unlock it

Heres some of mine and some QQL stuff

• Molotovs only take 100 gas (makes no sense too make them 300, thats too much)

• Burnt zombies and Lab workers spawn in Normal zombie spawn pools, so you can find them during horde nights or walking around in the wild

• QQL menu settings for people who don’t understand XML files and for console once that comes (Stuff like zombie spawn amounts, Specific loot Quantys, Weapon spawns Game stage multipliers, etc) Only on the main menu. granted it would have a cap but its better then nothing

• More Uses for the chem bench (Like make corn, Fat and rotten meat into fuel, Make oil into gas, make painkillers, Medical items for less, stronger Alcohols (like gain mixed with beer)

• Furniture Menu for many things, (Like Paper, Plastic, Wood, wood and metal, metal, stone, concrete etc)

• Bring back Iron blocks (Tier would go, Wood 500, Stone 1500, Iron 2500, Concrete 5000, Steel 10,000) it makes sense for this game to have scrap metal as a tier

• Alarms make “Heat” and can be used to lure zombies around

• More traps: Like flamethrower traps, Zap Traps, Spring/Flingers, Steel spikes.

• More Power base items, Like Bar Rolling shutters and Large generators/Battery banks, 

• Able to Change the look of the 4X4 into other cars before you place it down (doesn’t do anything different just a new look) (Sudan, Van, Buggie, 4X4, Working Van, all these have a makeshift look)

• Snipers have a Long shot Bonus based off how far you hit a target, so that they can compete with ARs

• HP bullets ether are changed too incendiary bullets (deal 1.5x more damage, Cripple limbs much faster and can set targets on fire)

• Breaching slugs can be Dragons breath (has 5 more pellets then Base shotgun shell and sets targets on fire)

• New missions like “Bounties (both zombies and Humans), Delivery, Holdout/Lockdown. 

• More wildlife spawns in more biomes (Pine forest can have wolfs, coyotes, Rattlesnakes and Mountain lions but they are very rare), Burnt forest are the same, deserts can have mountain lion spawns but rarely

• A tier 1 and 2 support for Blade class, Swords! Swords deal more damage and dismember limbs but uses more stamina, Deal base Stealth damage and can’t gut animals, the Tier 3 Machete is the middle ground for both of them able to gut animals and deals much more damage then ALL 4
    (Scrap sword and Iron Sword)

• Pipe ARs have a Nerf where for every 5 bullets you shoot, you have to @%$# it back like if you were reloading

• Feral zombies can jump 5 blocks higher and Long

• Spider zombies can Leap 30 blocks high and Long

• New special zombies 

1. Brutes that are just demolishers but with no Explosive, no armor but 3x the health

2. Stalkers are Blind and are sensitive to sound/”Heat” and come out at night and are Units but have Poor AI so they don’t follow pathways so they act like old Alpha zombies were they attack random things not follow a path

3. Ravagers are Crawling zombies like spider zombies But they have natural armor and are built for speed and combat over agility

4. Feral Crawlers: At night, crawlers move much faster and can try to leap at you

1. Replace Landmines with new types 

• Junk mines are the handmade ones and work like they do now

• Frag minds have Larger explosion and deal “Frag damage” so if any zombies are nearby, they are guaranteed to be Crippled or limbless

• Military Mines can’t blow up unless walked on, Have a rocket sized explosion, deal frag damage and even sets targets on fire!

• Can throw cans to be a Even louder Destruction then rocks

•  More uses for cans like to make Homemade canned goods, A alt recipe for Pipe bombs, etc

• More ways to get health boost like Eating better foods gives you better Max health for 60 mins or if you die/starve. Tier 1 will give 5 extra health, tier 2 will give 15 and tier 3 will give you 35 extra health and stamina (like a Poormans version of wellness 

• A mod for Axes that turn them into a Heavy weapon, so you can benefit from “Heavy metal skill” it Buffs Enemy damage but lowers block damage by alot

• Double barrel shotguns have longer barrels, once you put the sawed off Mod on it, it will become the ones we have now

• Auto shotgun has a Longer barrel (like a S12) but when sawn off.. It has the stubby one

• Hunting rifles hold 3 rounds and the max is 5 (only by adding the extended clip mod)

• More uses to Testosterone extract. (Maybe make even better first aid kits, better Candy's, better pain killers, etc)

•  Difficulty it changes things like some effects are more deadly, Such as negative effects staying after death, disease is much more deadly, harsher Death Tax (like in A17), Spawning stronger zombies in the wild like solders in the pine forest. 

• Screamers can spawn during bloodmoons but only one at a time 

• Wastelands have a Light green hue too it again, at night it can be the same as it is now

On 11/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, bachgaman said:

Already wrote this on the forum, but since there is such a topic i will create my wishlist

World game options:

1. Quests option "All trader's quests are unique (1 POI = 1 use in quests)" - will push player to roam and explore the world as previous option, and not sit in one place and grind the same buildings, gradually becoming discouraged and tired of the game

I've become concerned with this recently also.  I had a choice of 5 Tier V quests and 3 of them were the same building but in different locations, and the other 2 had the same issue.  Then to top it off, I play with my wife and she had the SAME 5 quest choices!  Then when we go back to get another quest, most of them are repeats!  Moar options pls?!?

On 3/19/2022 at 1:16 AM, RyanX said:

I've become concerned with this recently also.  I had a choice of 5 Tier V quests and 3 of them were the same building but in different locations, and the other 2 had the same issue.  Then to top it off, I play with my wife and she had the SAME 5 quest choices!  Then when we go back to get another quest, most of them are repeats!  Moar options pls?!?

It will be added in future :) just wait for that

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw this topic (and especially with it being pinned) I thought, "awesome! a thread to keep us informed on what they are actually working on." but it pretty much immediately devolved into a thread where people post what they want the devs to work on (instead of making their own thread).  :(

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(New here so sorry for mistakes)

I've been playing this game for many hours, and I had some ideas for things that could address the parts of the game I found tedious, or just suit the game and would make it more interesting. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Make the interactive and non-interactive bathroom mirrors more distinct. The newly added bathroom mirror is very similar in shape to the bathroom medicine cabinet which also has a mirror. I would suggest changing them to look different from each other, like how you can tell from a glance that a bathroom cabinet has been looted if the mirror is broken.

2. A Robotic Drone mod which slowly repairs nearby damaged blocks when it has the required supplies (Like the medic mod). Later into the game it can get pretty tedious to repair all of your fortifications after the blood-moon, so this could expedite the repair process.

3. A 4x4 truck mod which increases the damage done by running creatures over. It's really fun to run zombies over in that thing, but it barely does any damage. I think adding spikes to the front of the truck would be pretty fun.

4. Another form of late-game transportation: A railway system. The player needs to craft and then build a railway line, and then can use this railway to drive some sort of vehicle capable of carrying a lot more than the 4x4. This will allow for end-game players to transport large amount of items, for example when moving your base.

5. A spray-paint gun. The paint gun would allow you to paint or clean large surfaces with ease, with the final details being added using the paintbrush. This will make painting your base a lot less tedious than painting everything one face at a time.

6. I noticed that connecting two trading networks doesn't actually merge them. If I already have a level 5 trader network and connect another trader to it through his own quest line, the new trader would still offer low-level missions. I suggest to update this so that connecting low-level trade networks to a high level one would automatically update the lower level network to the same level as the higher one.

7. An "Item Blacklist" system. Looting is very fun, and the "loot all" key bind is a godsend. However, there is no convenient method for sifting out unwanted items during the looting gameplay loop. I suggest that the player could tag curtain items as "Trash". When using the "loot all" key bind, these tagged item would automatically drop to the ground, preventing unwanted interruptions.

8. Venom. You can already get testosterone from bears, so it would make sense you could harvest venom from snakes. The venom could be applies to blades or arrows early-game, or could be used for crafting medicine.

9. Chicken Coops. I was surprised to learn that you can only find eggs from nests and traders, even though they're a pretty useful cooking ingredient early-game. I think farming for eggs would be a fun alternative for early-game food gathering. This can even be further developed into a new skill tree of animal ranching to compliment plant farming.

10. Siege Builder Zombies. Late-game blood moons can be fairly easy to counter with an effective wall or moat. I suggest a counter to that, similar to the exploding armored zombies. The Siege builder zombies would construct simple bridges and ladders for other zombies to use, so the player has to focus them down before they bypass their defenses.

11. EMP Birds. Same idea, late game can also be made fairly easy with a few turrets and blade-traps. I think it would be a fun challenge if there were a rare flying kamikaze-style enemy that dive-bombs your base and creates an EMP explosion which disables generators, batteries, and motorized vehicles for a short time.

Thank you for reading through this. I'd love to hear feedback, and any other ideas you guys have. Hope the devs would consider these ideas for future updates!

17 minutes ago, DoctorTurquoise said:

5. A spray-paint gun. The paint gun would allow you to paint or clean large surfaces with ease, with the final details being added using the paintbrush. This will make painting your base a lot less tedious than painting everything one face at a time.

Just wanted to chime in here: That already is a function of the paint brush; hold R to see the other options :)

1)  Automatic Solar transfer Switches. Would allow us to wire generator and Solar panels to it. If Batteries run out at night, it would auto switch to generator.

2) Drone mod to give us Food and Water, for those of us that get so immersed we forget to eat and drink 8)~

Really need a simple way to have powered doors be able to be opened from both sides. Trying to build a garage door that will auto open is a pain.  Makes these doors pretty useless unless I am missing something.  

Another idea, would be cool to have seasonal zones.  Basically be able to push content every week / month like a quest where it will reset a zone for this.  Would allow for some cool dungeon raid designs or something similar that could add some fun and consistent changes to the world.

Also, need to be able to put things on 1/2 blocks so you can put them in and then put a block on top of them.

On 8/3/2022 at 10:44 AM, Whyspir said:

1)  Automatic Solar transfer Switches. Would allow us to wire generator and Solar panels to it. If Batteries run out at night, it would auto switch to generator.

2) Drone mod to give us Food and Water, for those of us that get so immersed we forget to eat and drink 8)~

Another cool drone mod would be to be able to send a drone to an ally.  Would be cool to be able to send something to a teammate if they are in a different part of a city.

1 hour ago, dredog11 said:

Really need a simple way to have powered doors be able to be opened from both sides. Trying to build a garage door that will auto open is a pain.  Makes these doors pretty useless unless I am missing something.  

Another idea, would be cool to have seasonal zones.  Basically be able to push content every week / month like a quest where it will reset a zone for this.  Would allow for some cool dungeon raid designs or something similar that could add some fun and consistent changes to the world.

Also, need to be able to put things on 1/2 blocks so you can put them in and then put a block on top of them.

Another cool drone mod would be to be able to send a drone to an ally.  Would be cool to be able to send something to a teammate if they are in a different part of a city.

Took me awhile also to get the combination right.. ill tell you how!

1) you have your generator inside i guess

2) place your first switch inside where you want it

3) place your door

4) go outside and place another switch

5) you need to pass a cable from Generator > Second Switch outside > First Switch Inside > Then Door !

6)now you an open and close door with both switches !

if you place a motion detector you wont have to place switches you have to do same method. and also same with trigger plates.

• 2 months later...

two things i would like to see

1. vehicle weapon mods, something like the m60 which already exists in game and strap it to your jeep or gyro. reload it like you would refill the fuel and then you have more options for horde nigh. downsides could be making the vehicle use more fuel as it has more weight to it. the gyro could also have a bomb rack, simply make it an either gun or bomb option so you have to plan ahead a little. the mod recipe could be done with things already in the game, electrical parts, mechanical parts, forged steel etc. and the actual program could use a variation of the turret aiming system we already have.  just think strafing zombie hordes in some kind of zombie trench run or being hard pressed at your base and a friend comes flying in to save you with a well placed bomb load. it would only make the game all the more fun. 

2. more dedicated melee weapons, swords and battle axes specifically. they could be harder to find, not craftable or expensive to craft but they could do an aweful lot more damage to a zombie whilst being worst for harvesting. Maybe a US cavalry sabre to fit in with the setting, just refer to it as an antique sword. if you did make it craftable put brass into the mix for the hilt and steel for the blade.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 6:30 PM, DoctorTurquoise said:

(New here so sorry for mistakes)

I've been playing this game for many hours, and I had some ideas for things that could address the parts of the game I found tedious, or just suit the game and would make it more interesting. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Make the interactive and non-interactive bathroom mirrors more distinct. The newly added bathroom mirror is very similar in shape to the bathroom medicine cabinet which also has a mirror. I would suggest changing them to look different from each other, like how you can tell from a glance that a bathroom cabinet has been looted if the mirror is broken.

2. A Robotic Drone mod which slowly repairs nearby damaged blocks when it has the required supplies (Like the medic mod). Later into the game it can get pretty tedious to repair all of your fortifications after the blood-moon, so this could expedite the repair process.

3. A 4x4 truck mod which increases the damage done by running creatures over. It's really fun to run zombies over in that thing, but it barely does any damage. I think adding spikes to the front of the truck would be pretty fun.

4. Another form of late-game transportation: A railway system. The player needs to craft and then build a railway line, and then can use this railway to drive some sort of vehicle capable of carrying a lot more than the 4x4. This will allow for end-game players to transport large amount of items, for example when moving your base.

6. I noticed that connecting two trading networks doesn't actually merge them. If I already have a level 5 trader network and connect another trader to it through his own quest line, the new trader would still offer low-level missions. I suggest to update this so that connecting low-level trade networks to a high level one would automatically update the lower level network to the same level as the higher one.

7. An "Item Blacklist" system. Looting is very fun, and the "loot all" key bind is a godsend. However, there is no convenient method for sifting out unwanted items during the looting gameplay loop. I suggest that the player could tag curtain items as "Trash". When using the "loot all" key bind, these tagged item would automatically drop to the ground, preventing unwanted interruptions.

8. Venom. You can already get testosterone from bears, so it would make sense you could harvest venom from snakes. The venom could be applies to blades or arrows early-game, or could be used for crafting medicine.

9. Chicken Coops. I was surprised to learn that you can only find eggs from nests and traders, even though they're a pretty useful cooking ingredient early-game. I think farming for eggs would be a fun alternative for early-game food gathering. This can even be further developed into a new skill tree of animal ranching to compliment plant farming.

10. Siege Builder Zombies. Late-game blood moons can be fairly easy to counter with an effective wall or moat. I suggest a counter to that, similar to the exploding armored zombies. The Siege builder zombies would construct simple bridges and ladders for other zombies to use, so the player has to focus them down before they bypass their defenses.

11. EMP Birds. Same idea, late game can also be made fairly easy with a few turrets and blade-traps. I think it would be a fun challenge if there were a rare flying kamikaze-style enemy that dive-bombs your base and creates an EMP explosion which disables generators, batteries, and motorized vehicles for a short time.

Thank you for reading through this. I'd love to hear feedback, and any other ideas you guys have. Hope the devs would consider these ideas for future updates!

A Siege Armored Zombie to attack the base ...  People put a lot of work into bases, I agree to that, but once built there is nothing left to do, except man the pathing for zombies ..  Adding a Siege zombie to attack bases will make people work, to defend themselves from the horde, it will also stop afk bases, and simple zombie bases.