Advanced Difficulty Scenario Technology (Settings Scenarios/Scripts)

bachgaman

Hi🙂

Do you think is it good that the difficulty in the game is static? (spoiler 1) I dont think that is good and thats why I offer two options

Option 1. Advanced Difficulty Scenario Technology (spoiler 2)

There are a lot of world settings in the game now. And we hope there will be more of them soon. What if players could create settings scripts a.k.a. scenarios? For example, from 1 to 7 days you play on Warrior difficulty with Walk speed (conditionally) and 100% loot, and from 7 day zeds speed increases, loot decrease to 50%, and so on day 14, 21, etc, as u set up. In addition, any other settings may change! AI block damage, experience, frequency of bloody moons, zombies respawn and wandering hordes and so on! At the same time, having started the game with a scenario, you can no longer change it. And players could also share scenarios and stuff. Cool!

Option 2. Coolest Modern Difficulty of the Future (spoiler 3)

The usual dynamic complexity, which itself selects the conditions in which it will not be too easy or too difficult for you. An unattainable ideal, so we leave only option 1. I brought it up for the sake of the curve so that it is clear what to aim for and why the scripts are better than what we have now. Thank you for the attention.

P.S.

I do not take into view the ability to change it when you re-enter the game, because I think this is a path to abuse, with this approach, you will never have a challenge.

P.P.S.

I made the conventional names of the curves on the graphs, in fact, all other possible settings are included in these curves.

The graphs are not quantitative, but qualitative!

Spoiler

WZRHUH4zUvw.jpg.dcdd53d1786c1da4c42c54aec8953508.jpg

Spoiler

image.png.f68c544c650e22b1920d751a33a56870.png

Spoiler

image.png.73957441f34a5700df7775330d7564f4.png

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

On 11/12/2021 at 5:00 AM, bachgaman said:

Hi🙂

Do you think is it good that the difficulty in the game is static? (spoiler 1) I dont think that is good and thats why I offer two options

There are a lot of world settings in the game now. And we hope there will be more of them soon. What if players could create settings scripts a.k.a. scenarios? For example, from 1 to 7 days you play on Warrior difficulty with Walk speed (conditionally) and 100% loot, and from 7 day zeds speed increases, loot decrease to 50%, and so on day 14, 21, etc, as u set up. In addition, any other settings may change! AI block damage, experience, frequency of bloody moons, zombies respawn and wandering hordes and so on! At the same time, having started the game with a scenario, you can no longer change it. And players could also share scenarios and stuff. Cool!

The usual dynamic complexity, which itself selects the conditions in which it will not be too easy or too difficult for you. An unattainable ideal, so we leave only option 1. I brought it up for the sake of the curve so that it is clear what to aim for and why the scripts are better than what we have now. Thank you for the attention.

P.S.

I do not take into view the ability to change it when you re-enter the game, because I think this is a path to abuse, with this approach, you will never have a challenge.

P.P.S.

I made the conventional names of the curves on the graphs, in fact, all other possible settings are included in these curves.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

option 1.- well in theory you will have regions with diffrent power of loot you will get what you want- in more dangerouse biom you can find better loot + stronger zombies.

option 2. can't work in sandbox game with pvp- this can works in l4d2 or in world war z but it will be so unbalance  because there is too many options

8 hours ago, Blue mame said:

It used to be like this, but it was not very friendly to multiplayer games, so this setting was cancelled later

Is it real? Did the game really have such difficulty scenarios and devs removed it?

1 minute ago, Matt115 said:

option 1.- well in theory you will have regions with diffrent power of loot you will get what you want- in more dangerouse biom you can find better loot + stronger zombies.

option 2. can't work in sandbox game with pvp- this can works in l4d2 or in world war z but it will be so unbalance  because there is too many options

I heard in A20 they are going to improve this mechanic

Yes, i know that option 2 is impossible

26 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Is it real? Did the game really have such difficulty scenarios and devs removed it?

The initial setting is that the stronger the later the intensity, and then gradually deleted, I forgot which version it was, because I started playing with the A7 version, I remember that there was such a setting

On 11/12/2021 at 5:00 AM, bachgaman said:

Hi🙂

P.S.

P.P.S.

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

The "ideal" of the idea is nice. Those graphics are amazing and capture the current feeling of the gameplay very good (I'm mostly talking about the 1st one).

In my opinion you are just promoting a half-baked gameplay experience based on an alpha (a19-a20). You might want to wait until gold for this. Gold will not have bandits or npcs or quests missing, which will add to the value of ramping up the difficulty to a point in which it will be ok for most of us. Special Zombies and a random event system (meaning random happenings on roads/landscapes like an npc in distress, or an assault, etc) are what this game is missing in the long run.

Alpha or not,  things like 50% loot or other stuff on specific days are not very healthy, but I feel like you also want that random event system and you created a brainchild in your post that might be defined as some sort of a random setting system. If there are enough events, you will never get bored. 

Disclaimer: By event system I mean an improved spawner like the random horde one that supports spawns in specific places like roads or country roads and that contains a good bunch of situations like npcs in distress, factions fighting, smugglers, wandering traders, Zds vs npcs, etc etc.

High hopes for the future.

Hugs!

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

The "ideal" of the idea is nice. Those graphics are amazing and capture the current feeling of the gameplay very good (I'm mostly talking about the 1st one).

In my opinion you are just promoting a half-baked gameplay experience based on an alpha (a19-a20). You might want to wait until gold for this. Gold will not have bandits or npcs or quests missing, which will add to the value of ramping up the difficulty to a point in which it will be ok for most of us. Special Zombies and a random event system (meaning random happenings on roads/landscapes like an npc in distress, or an assault, etc) are what this game is missing in the long run.

Alpha or not,  things like 50% loot or other stuff on specific days are not very healthy, but I feel like you also want that random event system and you created a brainchild in your post that might be defined as some sort of a random setting system. If there are enough events, you will never get bored. 

Disclaimer: By event system I mean an improved spawner like the random horde one that supports spawns in specific places like roads or country roads and that contains a good bunch of situations like npcs in distress, factions fighting, smugglers, wandering traders, Zds vs npcs, etc etc.

High hopes for the future.

Hugs!

That's right, I assume that all the world options, available when you starting the game, will be available for the "difficulty scenarios" editor. Yes, it would be great to be able to create day events and so on, but now we dont have it in the game. It would be enough to manage what we have. The idea is to stay as close to "normal gaming with some difficulties" as possible, when the game gives you a challenge, but does not make you bored, or vice versa, does not become unplayable. The impossibility of "option 2" is that no system can take into account the player's personal skill, two different players, being in the same conditions, can find themselves in different extremes. It will be too easy for one person, and it will be too difficult for another.

Someone may say that I can change the settings at any time. But it is precisely this freedom that spoils everything, because you will raise the difficulty only after realizing that you have become easy and bored, which means that you have already begun to lose interest in the game and increasing the complexity at this moment you will only get a feeling of artificial difficultition. As you go through the "scenario" you have no choice. You either pass it or you give up.