New POI and quests settings

bachgaman

Hi all, hi @faatal, hi @madmole

What do you think about such opportunities?

I propose to do it in the form of checkboxes (optional)

1. All POIs are unique (1 POI = 1 use in RWG)

The first checkbox I suggest is about world generation. Agree, it is often sad to see several equally destroyed houses nearby, the same factories in each village, the same traders, have the same quests even if you run away to the other end of the world. Thus, the RWG will become more diverse, such a world will want to explore. This will have a positive impact on the atmosphere and immersion

It would be possible to make this setting more flexible by making it possible to choose the degree of uniqueness (number of uses) for each POI tier (I mean quest tiers) separately

2. All trader's quests are unique (1 POI = 1 use in quests)

Firstly, the very fact of reloading POI seems strange. Plus realism

Secondly, such a mode will push the player to roam and explore the world, and not sit in one place and farm the same buildings, gradually becoming discouraged and tired of the game

Thirdly, the value of loot and consumables will indirectly increase

What happens after we complete all POIs in the world? After that, for example, game can reset all POIs and you can do them again. Or add the ability to set an automatic cooldown for POI rollback, relatively speaking, after N in-game days, quests will become available again. Or you have to survive in a completely devastated world, also a kind of challenge. Plus, as a rule, after 40-50 days you have everything and it becomes less fun to play anyway

P.S. 

Please balance the trader's rewards 

and please add checkbox "1 life" 😀

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

13 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Hi all, hi @faatal, hi @madmole

What do you think about such opportunities?

I propose to do it in the form of checkboxes (optional)

1. All POIs are unique (1 POI = 1 use in RWG)

The first checkbox I suggest is about world generation. Agree, it is often sad to see several equally destroyed houses nearby, the same factories in each village, the same traders, have the same quests even if you run away to the other end of the world. Thus, the RWG will become more diverse, such a world will want to explore. This will have a positive impact on the atmosphere and immersion

It would be possible to make this setting more flexible by making it possible to choose the degree of uniqueness (number of uses) for each POI tier (I mean quest tiers) separately

2. All trader's quests are unique (1 POI = 1 use in quests)

Firstly, the very fact of reloading POI seems strange. Plus realism

Secondly, such a mode will push the player to roam and explore the world, and not sit in one place and farm the same buildings, gradually becoming discouraged and tired of the game

Thirdly, the value of loot and consumables will indirectly increase

What happens after we complete all POIs in the world? After that, for example, game can reset all POIs and you can do them again. Or add the ability to set an automatic cooldown for POI rollback, relatively speaking, after N in-game days, quests will become available again. Or you have to survive in a completely devastated world, also a kind of challenge. Plus, as a rule, after 40-50 days you have everything and it becomes less fun to play anyway

P.S. 

Please balance the trader's rewards 

and please add checkbox "1 life" 😀

1. Nope.  Because 2 reasons : a lot of buldings in real live looks almost this same . well it was joke in one soviet movie - a guy was sent in plain to Lenningrad and he ordered taxi . He came to similiar house at his own. Why i tell this ? Because even in USA can find a lot of similiar flats, houses McDonald looks this same etc. So this have sense ofc  more POI have sense  but 1 POI 1 use is just stupid idea and very ineffective. Build a POi by yourself like small prison with timer. You will spend 45- 60 minut at least. But it is neccasary sometimes to create new models only to this, making zombie spawn without bugs etc . So 1. small POI is 1 - 2 days of work  and 2. use this same thing have sense because it is normal in real life

2. I know what you mean but it is like flying. You want to fly just  puting wing. This same problem is with reloading POI - Courier bag is a block like stocks of clothes etc. So ii need to be put in POI . So it is a lot of easier to Reload a POI that put a something to "this same" POI so this maybe not so realitic but is the most logical solution of this problem. So they create so POI as quest POI because it is safe and just will work without critical bugs 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

1. Nope.  Because 2 reasons : a lot of buldings in real live looks almost this same . well it was joke in one soviet movie - a guy was sent in plain to Lenningrad and he ordered taxi . He came to similiar house at his own. Why i tell this ? Because even in USA can find a lot of similiar flats, houses McDonald looks this same etc. So this have sense ofc  more POI have sense  but 1 POI 1 use is just stupid idea and very ineffective. Build a POi by yourself like small prison with timer. You will spend 45- 60 minut at least. But it is neccasary sometimes to create new models only to this, making zombie spawn without bugs etc . So 1. small POI is 1 - 2 days of work  and 2. use this same thing have sense because it is normal in real life

I didn’t ask to make new POIs. I know that creating a good POI takes a lot of time and effort. But vanilla POIs are enough for many hours of play in a small world. In addition, there are many custom POIs, Compo pack for example, yes, there are many bad or unbalanced POIs, but this is everyone's business. The bad ones can be removed, the good ones left. In addition, I did not call to make it mandatory, but only by setting. What's bad about it?

And I would say that you are right about the same buildings, but it is unlikely that the same buildings will be exactly identical inside and destroyed in the same way.

BTW, I don't know, have TFP ever added custom POIs to vanilla? They could pick the best ones, make edits. There could even be some kind of reward system for prefab creators

8 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

I didn’t ask to make new POIs. I know that creating a good POI takes a lot of time and effort. But vanilla POIs are enough for many hours of play in a small world. In addition, there are many custom POIs, Compo pack for example, yes, there are many bad or unbalanced POIs, but this is everyone's business. The bad ones can be removed, the good ones left. In addition, I did not call to make it mandatory, but only by setting. What's bad about it?

And I would say that you are right about the same buildings, but it is unlikely that the same buildings will be exactly identical inside and destroyed in the same way.

BTW, I don't know, have TFP ever added custom POIs to vanilla? They could pick the best ones, make edits. There could even be some kind of reward system for prefab creators

Law problems - so better not do anything like this USA law is a mess sometimes. IF TFP was a Europan studia it could be a safe but not in USA. And yeah this "annoying" that are this same inside but " random " rooms can't work . And even change a place of bin and put into as a new POI could be a mess because- it will be new poi sa it need own algoritsm and take a place. So a lot of rooms in small hotel in l4d2 looks this same and most of them are empty. Because this will take a memory 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

Okay i give example : in cod cold war  big maps as Ruga Sanatorium etc have a lot of houses barack itd. They looks diffrents but have diffrents stuff inside , furnitures etc i and to ad more variants they just " put" rooms into buldings like diffrents POI mixed into 1 bigger and with  this same wall outside. But it can't be done easy for 7DTD ( well ofc everything can be done but in need a lot of time) and they don't have a prop base as cod ( they want put tiger tank on map? Take it from BO3. ciggarets> MW etc a lot of assets are reused with new textures ) . So if can be in 7dtd? nope. But in 4 game after Something between cod and TLOU? Propably yeah

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Law problems - so better not do anything like this USA law is a mess sometimes. IF TFP was a Europan studia it could be a safe but not in USA. And yeah this "annoying" that are this same inside but " random " rooms can't work . And even change a place of bin and put into as a new POI could be a mess because- it will be new poi sa it need own algoritsm and take a place. So a lot of rooms in small hotel in l4d2 looks this same and most of them are empty. Because this will take a memory 

Valve is also an USA company, but they somehow use custom skins, moreover, they sell them directly. I'm not a lawyer, I don't know how it works, but it's a fact

10 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Valve is also an USA company, but they somehow use custom skins, moreover, they sell them directly. I'm not a lawyer, I don't know how it works, but it's a fact

And community get profits form it and  make a deals. Everything is legal.  But valve is rich so they can pay a  community for their skins etc So yeah thay can but this similar sitation with law this guy form films games theory said. So  deal must be sign right? this is formal etc. So for example : if they decide  to put into 7dtd a snowdog stip club it can be legal because there will be just agreement. But put a created by him a poi can be problematic. And people are sometime ...as....le so they can sue a TFP - well a women won because there wasn't any sign that put  into ...   a pistol from the  distibiutor  on gasstation is not allowed . So USA law is rly nighmare so it better to just "left" it as idea and describitions only

19 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

And community get profits form it and  make a deals. Everything is legal.  But valve is rich so they can pay a  community for their skins etc So yeah thay can but this similar sitation with law this guy form films games theory said. So  deal must be sign right? this is formal etc. So for example : if they decide  to put into 7dtd a snowdog stip club it can be legal because there will be just agreement. But put a created by him a poi can be problematic. And people are sometime ...as....le so they can sue a TFP - well a women won because there wasn't any sign that put  into ...   a pistol from the  distibiutor  on gasstation is not allowed . So USA law is rly nighmare so it better to just "left" it as idea and describitions only

Prefabs are created by fans of the game, not by those who want to make money. At the moment, quite a lot of them have been created. I don’t think that all the people who create prefabs would like to get fabulous money to have their prefabs added to the vanilla version of the game. Personally, I would be happy to give them all rights for free and help the game

The point is not at all that there are few POIs in the game, there are enough of them in the game, it just makes no sense to generate a large world using RWG, since it is all evenly filled with approximately the same buildings. At the same time, by creating a small world, you risk getting many identical factories in the city or something like that

1 minute ago, bachgaman said:

Prefabs are created by fans of the game, not by those who want to make money. At the moment, quite a lot of them have been created. I don’t think that all the people who create prefabs would like to get fabulous money to have their prefabs added to the vanilla version of the game. Personally, I would be happy to give them all rights for free and help the game

The point is not at all that there are few POIs in the game, there are enough of them in the game, it just makes no sense to generate a large world using RWG, since it is all evenly filled with approximately the same buildings. At the same time, by creating a small world, you risk getting many identical factories in the city or something like that

Yeah i want this too trust me  but well i was studing a law so. If  they want to allow fans to create a prefabs it need a complexed regulations on forum to avoid beeing suited.  Well some people hunting a hole in law to get cash you know? Even for example 100 dollars is not a lot but you need lawyer it can stop a work and make bad PR . So if they put a new prefabs it need to be safe- created after a changing forum regulations. 

Well RWG work more like : logical road, can be pavement ,  road signs in more logical way , cars put diffrents. can be a rivers with bridge betwen cities in logical place not in random place , allow to create a railroads in logical way etc This not influence so much on buldings more on everything else 

32 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well RWG work more like : logical road, can be pavement ,  road signs in more logical way , cars put diffrents. can be a rivers with bridge betwen cities in logical place not in random place , allow to create a railroads in logical way etc This not influence so much on buldings more on everything else 

The fact of the matter is that the background changes, but the essence does not. This is what my proposal is about

11 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

The fact of the matter is that the background changes, but the essence does not. This is what my proposal is about

Well because this point of this now : builiding are like musless but they need a skeleton first. so i A20 they will first implement "early" RWG in A21 " full skeleton" and what's next? idk

I hope only that one day LVL 5 and 4 POIs in trader menus will have at least proper names instead of "default_hugebuilding_3". Going unintentionally through Shameway Factory 3 times in a row is exciting as hell. This feel to Alpha state in buildings description at trader is priceless... to me it's not a huge downside (I played through all POIs dozens of times and more or less I know what to expect) but some of my mates new to the 7DTD were surprised when they were directed under different coordinates to exactly the same complex LVL 5 building.

1 hour ago, TWORDY said:

I hope only that one day LVL 5 and 4 POIs in trader menus will have at least proper names instead of "default_hugebuilding_3". Going unintentionally through Shameway Factory 3 times in a row is exciting as hell. This feel to Alpha state in buildings description at trader is priceless... to me it's not a huge downside (I played through all POIs dozens of times and more or less I know what to expect) but some of my mates new to the 7DTD were surprised when they were directed under different coordinates to exactly the same complex LVL 5 building.

Well problem with name are complicated so it need time to fix it

• 1 month later...

Using real world information for videos games has always baffled me.

You know you cant pick up and put a ride-able motorcycle in your pocket either... but you can in 7 days...

Love to hear the movie example that explains this one.

The discussion, is ways to curb the insane repetitive nature of POIs. relax.

I like idea 2. Not to replace the reset (I don't care how realistic it is or not) but it would definitely make you discover the whole map even if you just swat beside one trader.

Now with RWG and quest system getting overhauled for A20 and probably some bugs fixed we have to wait how the new systems work. That idea may still be relevant or obsolete in A20.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 3:33 PM, meganoth said:

I like idea 2. Not to replace the reset (I don't care how realistic it is or not) but it would definitely make you discover the whole map even if you just swat beside one trader.

Now with RWG and quest system getting overhauled for A20 and probably some bugs fixed we have to wait how the new systems work. That idea may still be relevant or obsolete in A20.

well reset of some poi's can have sens- like bandit camp can be resettlet .  bandits take stuff to their new base, repair walls etc this same with  camps

4 hours ago, Matt115 said:

well reset of some poi's can have sens- like bandit camp can be resettlet .  bandits take stuff to their new base, repair walls etc this same with  camps

Again, I don't care how realistic it is or not.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Again, I don't care how realistic it is or not.

well this make stuff more limited - sometime i get sitatuion like - i must go throw dessert ( too hot) and snow ( too cold) to get stuff and maybe don't die