Jump to content

Current high demand Pimp Dreams (Constant W.I.P)


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

- updated/refreshed model for ancient minibike,

- motorcycle/gyrocopter available for 2 players at the same time (two seat),

- 3/4/5 seat truck with turret (.50 cal or TOW) with plenty of storage - might be also electical/hybrid or for hydrogen powder,

- 1x/3.4x/4x/8x magnification scopes, green and blue laser available alongside red laser attachement, short and angled grip,

- throwable knives or shurikens, Adam mentioned above tomahawks etc (spear is already a throwable weapon),

- grenade launchers that could be attached to rifles, smoke grenades and flashbangs changing behaviour of zombies (useful in PvP),

- EMP devices (like grenades etc.) useful in PvP that could compromise permanently/temporarily enemies defences,

- light and heavy military class armour/vest - now only light is available,

- workbench that can be expanded with the similar manner as forges (advanced vice and toolset to be found),

- items like gas mask, glowsticks, throwable flares, flare gun, (that could impact zombies behaviour) or MRE found in military camps,

- specialized traders,

- boats/rafts + fishing,

- shooting range and a huge mall as POIs,

- at least randomized colour of zombies outfits,

- very low options for potato PCs (something tells me new lighting and updated zombies will cause issues on older machines),

- parachute to safely exit gyrocopters or jump from high buildings or cliffs,

- more variety of broken vehicles for scrap that can`t be driven,

- updated resolution scale and details of some of the appliances as well as furnitures,

- updated geometry of grass, red, yellow flower, cotton, coffe, some small and medium bush added to the game etc.

- additional sandbox missions - delivering package, finding and selling specific tier weapon/tool/item(s) for better coin, at least 2 missions active at 1 trader,

- points of intrests (discovering/clearing ancient places, chapels, ruins, reserves etc. extracting sth/searching for lost signal etc.)

- possibility to export import, play in singleplayer or any multiplayer game with the same character and it`s progression throughout the same alpha version,

 

Peace

 

 

  

 

Edited by TWORDY (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

besiedes all the ideias i think i would like a more fluid animation for zombies, they still look like robots walking as well as more types of veichles like a military helicopter or boats or even a van, as well more large variety of weapons since its like 2-3 types of weapon for type of bullet, idk it should have like a magnum or a winchester maybe even a mauser c96 uk more variety since its been the same weapons for almost all updates only recently they added some, so this are my ideias and if someone agrees or not just reply 

Edited by BrunoFuturista (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrunoFuturista said:

besiedes all the ideias i think i would like a more fluid animation for zombies, they still look like robots walking as well as more types of veichles like a military helicopter or boats or even a van, as well more large variety of weapons since its like 2-3 types of weapon for type of bullet, idk it should have like a magnum or a winchester maybe even a mauser c96 uk more variety since its been the same weapons for almost all updates only recently they added some, so this are my ideias and if someone agrees or not just reply 

i forgot to mention a better generation of maps since most of the time when we random generate the roads co thro cliffs or mountains that are impossible to climb and some parts of the road simply bugs the veichle, so a better generation of maps would be great

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Base computers: I see 2 purposes for a functioning base computer that requires electricity to operate.

- Trader interface: Any trader that you have already visited will appear on the Trader website. You can view inventory and take jobs. Prices are 10% higher to pay for shipping. Once you buy something a drone or plane will drop a loot crate sometime the following day at your base. You can put a drop off marker on your roof or something. The time of drop off is unpredictable as it is with USPS anyway;-) 

Base operations: Any controllable item that is placed in your base appears on your computer and you can adjust settings or controls. This would allow for far more complex controls to be entered. Adding and/or/nor etc functions.

If we are going to have drones, I think a big feature would be a pigeon function. This means when you are out you can ask the drone to go home and retrieve or drop off items. Basically you can access home inventory from the drone, task it to do inventory drop or retrieve and then it leaves and comes back. Would help alot for things you may suddenly need like a splint or tool. And you can use it to offload inventory. If it runs out of fuel on the way it drops but you get a marker showing its location.

 

In PVP somebody can shoot the drone down and loot it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zombieforlife said:

Base computers: I see 2 purposes for a functioning base computer that requires electricity to operate.

- Trader interface: Any trader that you have already visited will appear on the Trader website. You can view inventory and take jobs. Prices are 10% higher to pay for shipping. Once you buy something a drone or plane will drop a loot crate sometime the following day at your base. You can put a drop off marker on your roof or something. The time of drop off is unpredictable as it is with USPS anyway;-) 

Base operations: Any controllable item that is placed in your base appears on your computer and you can adjust settings or controls. This would allow for far more complex controls to be entered. Adding and/or/nor etc functions.

If we are going to have drones, I think a big feature would be a pigeon function. This means when you are out you can ask the drone to go home and retrieve or drop off items. Basically you can access home inventory from the drone, task it to do inventory drop or retrieve and then it leaves and comes back. Would help alot for things you may suddenly need like a splint or tool. And you can use it to offload inventory. If it runs out of fuel on the way it drops but you get a marker showing its location.

 

In PVP somebody can shoot the drone down and loot it.

the only problem is that i see with that is basicly we dont know if the communication sistem still works in the 7 days to die universe, in teory if we could make a antenna maybe that base computer u sugested wont be so far off, maybe it could have even radios that play some base musics just to keep us entertained, so the only way i see that ideia of u working is if they add an antenna

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some kind of auto store for sorted chests would be great.  Example would be Terraria, you can click a button and all items stack in nearby chests where the item already exists.  Would require some sort of favorite/lock option though, so you don't dump all your ammo in the ammo chest automatically.  Its rough spending a long day looting with friends, then we have to spend a good chunk of the night unloading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Angus215 said:

Some kind of auto store for sorted chests would be great.  Example would be Terraria, you can click a button and all items stack in nearby chests where the item already exists.  Would require some sort of favorite/lock option though, so you don't dump all your ammo in the ammo chest automatically.  Its rough spending a long day looting with friends, then we have to spend a good chunk of the night unloading.

There is a trick you can do, to make the game behave like that.

If you have stackable items, just fill you checks with lots of single item slots of that good. For example 4 slots with one  7.62 ammo bullet. 4 slots with one glue, etc.

Fill in all slots of the chest.

Now when dumping you stuff, just go to any chest, and drop the backpack item using shift-click.

You will only fill up the pre-set stacks in the chest.

This way you can quickly drop all of your inventory, without having to manually sort it, or check if its the correct dropchest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who came up with that list in the first post and are these things really the things you would like to have changed / added with top priority? Personally, I can't agree with much from that. Who needs fishing, animal traps, advanced farming and even more plants when the current food system is very trivial anyway? After the first few days food is available in abundance. I am at day 63 currently and I think the last time I have actually harvested anything from my farms or even used one of my three campfires is 50 days ago. How would any of signs and notes, draw bridges, alarms, garage doors improve the game? How does someone really suggest to add a sleeping function where one has to stare at the monitor and watch the character sleeping? Don't get me wrong, brainstorming and different ideas are cool but that is nothing that should be added to a list for the developers to have a look at.

 

7D2D has so many other and much more important things that need improvement.

 

Food game is way too easy. Like I have said above I don't need farming or cooking or anything, I find food ready to use literally everywhere. With the water purifier mod for helmet I can drink whatever I like as well. Not a single dysentery so far (day 63) or food shortage without any skill points invested in the bottom part of the fortitude attributes.

 

Skill points are nice but even better is the idea of actually learning some skills by doing these. You want to be a level 5 machine gun guy? Then you have to kill X zombies with a machine gun first. You want to be able to craft the best mods for a machine gun? You have to get X amount of headshots with a machine gun first. Some skills can remain in the skill points system but a lot of obvious skills should be leveled up only by doing.

 

Most of the medicine stuff is useless. After a few days, as soon as you know the basics, it is nearly impossible to get hurt considerably or even die. Day 63 and not a single infection so far. But at least 50+ medicine stuff (antibiotics, herbals, honey) in my storage box just in case I get an infection some day. Only thing I use are simple bandages or aloe creme.

 

We need a bigger variety of trader quests. I have been sent for the 10th time at least into the "apartment_six_floors" building for a tier 5 quest. Either that or the hospital. That is boring.

 

Air drops only contain useless stuff, mostly food but I have way too much food available. Same applies to digging quests, the chests always contain food and not much more. Therefore air drops and digging is useless for me. Air drops should be something special and rare and if you actually make it to open that air drop crate it should be worthwile. Maybe protect those drops by a huge amount of zombies additionally but at least add some items to the drops that are worth my time.

 

Some obvious things like allowing another player being a co-driver (have played a bit in LAN) in the truck or motorcycle, maybe with the ability to use a mounted gun while driving.

 

It is horde night? Oh well, it is all about crafting enough ammo before that and shoot hundres of zombies down as fast as possible. Ammo should be much more precious and rare. Melee and traps should be more important I think. Not sure why but I never had an ammo shortage. Day 63, most tools and weapons level 5 or 6, 100k Dukes ready but nothing I'd like to buy. Surviving is easy, not really any goals left.

 

Playing on standard settings (next savegame in Alpha19 will definitely be on much harder settings) with a few dozens of hours in the game so far.

 

Aaaaaand much more things that would really improve the game. Sleeping possibility and garage doors? Come on...

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way the food system can be balanced without a spoilage system.

Either its too much (pointless as a system then) or too little food (not fun at one point)

And likely just be too little in the beginning, and too much in mid game.

 

Food spoilage would move food from being an inflating good (overflowing stocks) to be a regular activity. (hunting, farming, cooking)

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, BrunoFuturista said:

the only problem is that i see with that is basicly we dont know if the communication sistem still works in the 7 days to die universe, in teory if we could make a antenna maybe that base computer u sugested wont be so far off, maybe it could have even radios that play some base musics just to keep us entertained, so the only way i see that ideia of u working is if they add an antenna

Maybe SAT is the only way. In this world Satellites should work so the trader and you have SATCOM 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Skill points are nice but even better is the idea of actually learning some skills by doing these.

We used to have a variant of that. Player seemed to massively like it. Joel decided its not fun and removed it. I once mentioned it and got a super rude response.

I suggest you to not mention it, we got a warning (by Roland, this time politely) that this was set and shouldn't be further discussed.

A few mods have it if u want, but xml modding is limited and it cant be fully reproduced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

From a biological viewpoint, I wanted to suggest having zombies with more muscle memories/vocal memories. This would help break the monotony of their animations, as well as add REALLY creepy dynamics to the game. I.E. A zombie female that keeps crying. A nurse that randomly asks "How are you?", a zombie that is looking for his/her son/daughter and shouts for them, a zombie if they hear you say "Hello?" in the darkness. Muscle memories would include waves to the player, bows to the player, wiping sweat, hands covering face after damage, wiping tears, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 2:32 PM, Angus215 said:

Some kind of auto store for sorted chests would be great.  Example would be Terraria, you can click a button and all items stack in nearby chests where the item already exists.  Would require some sort of favorite/lock option though, so you don't dump all your ammo in the ammo chest automatically.  Its rough spending a long day looting with friends, then we have to spend a good chunk of the night unloading.

+1 +1 +1, etc.

 

This would be the #1 thing for QoL afaic.  With the increased loot drop rate and backpack sizes, unloading and sorting takes FOREVER.  I'm not saying turn it to easy mode but my eyes go blurry just looking at my inventory trying to remember what box it goes in.  Didn't used to be an issue, but with so any items now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the most scary nightmarish scenes in Dawn of the Dead was for me when the little girl attacked the couple had just woke up. Due to this id love to see a Sleeping and Sleeping Encounters.

 

Sleeping was already mentioned here in this thread (for bonuses). Id love to see the scary part of sleeping with encounters. I picture it like rolls that are influenced by your location/how hidden you are and also by a skill. The better your skill and the better your hiding place the less likely you will wake up to a Zombie eating you. Maybe the numeric roll also determines not only if there is an encounter but also your chance of waking up when the Zombie breaks in your sleeping room. Again skill can increase your chances there and waking up early enough would give you at least some time to prepare. However there should be no 100% safety from a Zombie encounter happening in your sleep and then you would have to fight for your life, no easy escape. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! First, sorry about my english. Google translator helps me 😃
I specially registered on the forum to say that I do not need spears, bows and brass knuckles when I have a Kalashnikov assault rifle. This is a game about the near future, but I don't feel it. Where is my stationary machine gun? 40mm grenade launcher? Anything multi-barrel? I really want more high-lvl fun!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 12:21 PM, Neominion12 said:

One thing I would like to see is more customization to random maps. Like being able to control trader spawns, lower the number of cities that spawn, and which biomes or biome that spawn for more hardcore players.

Everything you mentioned and more is available with Nitrogen. Search for it in the forum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a really good idea for the blood moon event to make it more attractive.

At the moment the event only involves high material consumption, high ammunition consumption, it costs nerves and you are not really rewarded.

What if...

... there are boss monsters at the Bloodmoon event that drop recipes for unique weapons and armor, as well as materials needed to create the unique recipes.

... there are certain areas or houses (let's call them dungeons) on the map that contain unique zombies and also bosses that you can ONLY fight with the unique weapons and only the unique armor provides protection against these monsters.

... there are really bad and big evil boss zombies that are strong and tough but always drop cool rewards that you can only get from those monsters?

I also think it would be more exciting if you can tame dogs that can accompany you and help you in battle, and find NPCs that you can help and that follow you. You can give the NPCs tasks in the base, like taking care of the flowerbeds, patrolling or accompanying and protecting them.

Breeding animals for meat like pigs, chickens and cows would also be helpful.

 

I would be happy if I could inspire others with my idea.

This has already been suggested?

that's no problem. it's even better. if several people have the same ideas, it increases the chance that the developers will like it :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think that is great some new additions would be awesome for the game...but I have to say I miss the old way 7days use to be, when you actually leveled up by doing the actions that you needed to made the game more immersive, gave more of a reason to play vs just trying to level up for a point. 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 11:55 PM, bokile said:

From a biological viewpoint, I wanted to suggest having zombies with more muscle memories/vocal memories. This would help break the monotony of their animations, as well as add REALLY creepy dynamics to the game. I.E. A zombie female that keeps crying. A nurse that randomly asks "How are you?", a zombie that is looking for his/her son/daughter and shouts for them, a zombie if they hear you say "Hello?" in the darkness. Muscle memories would include waves to the player, bows to the player, wiping sweat, hands covering face after damage, wiping tears, etc.

This is a great idea in theory and for a studio which could afford it it would be fantastic. But it would be a helluva lot of work so I have my doubts the Pimps can afford it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the game misses end goal or a distant goal players will strive to reach, by this i mean the game practically ends as soon you're decked out with purple items and built high-end base. Maybe backpacks for ridiculous prices smth like 10 mln dukes or golden vip card that can be bought from local traders that will allow us to buy exclusive items, maybe slightly better variations of existing weapons or armor, practically anything that would give all that grinding a meaning

Edited by crowhead1 (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

                Just want to say Im exited to see some of the updates/changes in the works and give this one a shout out as I believe this would really help the Modding community. The ability for a custom server to update new players with the needed files would be awesome in my book.

 

  • Server Functions
    • Modding
      • Ability to have gamers download/servers upload custom icons for custom items to eliminate the need for external downloads.

 

Also after watching the Alpha 20 First Look Stream I cant wait for the Alpha 20 series of updates to start, Keep up the awesome work!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...