Permanent death mode with every day saves

bachgaman

I would really like to have a game mode with one life, but at the same time I would not like to lose progress due to accidental or stupid death.

It is possible to create a compromise option - one life, but automatic saving at the beginning of each day. Thus, in the event of death, you do not lose all progress, but you do lose the progress of the last day. In addition, if you are truly incapable of surviving the bloody moon, then you will not be able to advance further and you will have to start over or try again and again.

Thus, a survival component will appear in the game, which at the moment does not actually exist in the game. Difficulties will be difficulties, not pseudo-difficulties

In multiplayer, this can be implemented in such a way that if at least one person in the group survived until the next day, then the rest will appear again. Or if at least one is killed, then all die. On the other hand, there may be different independent groups on the same server and I don’t know what to do in this case. Most likely this option is unplayable for this mode.

4 hours ago, bachgaman said:

I would really like to have a game mode with one life, but at the same time I would not like to lose progress due to accidental or stupid death.

It is possible to create a compromise option - one life, but automatic saving at the beginning of each day. Thus, in the event of death, you do not lose all progress, but you do lose the progress of the last day. In addition, if you are truly incapable of surviving the bloody moon, then you will not be able to advance further and you will have to start over or try again and again.

Thus, a survival component will appear in the game, which at the moment does not actually exist in the game. Difficulties will be difficulties, not pseudo-difficulties

In multiplayer, this can be implemented in such a way that if at least one person in the group survived until the next day, then the rest will appear again. Or if at least one is killed, then all die. On the other hand, there may be different independent groups on the same server and I don’t know what to do in this case. Most likely this option is unplayable for this mode.

Permadeath is the side effect of dying in stupid ways. It's just something you have to accept, you either play perfectly.. or you die. Having a save everyday really just negates the permadeath, so what's the point?

You could always cheat (assuming it gets added) and just create a world backup every in game day if you're really that persistent. A permadeath world should NEVER save. They should always get deleted upon death, which shouldn't matter if you make backups anyway.. not that it ruins the purpose or anything..

I would be interested in a mode, as you described, when one player dies.. everyone dies. Don't make that death permanent though, and add a death counter so you can see who caused the most group deaths. I believe there is a minecraft mod to do that exact thing you described.

It would heavily force teamwork and allow very little splitting up. Plus if someone is saying they need help, you can't blatantly ignore it because you're going to die too.

9 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Permadeath is the side effect of dying in stupid ways. It's just something you have to accept, you either play perfectly.. or you die. Having a save everyday really just negates the permadeath, so what's the point?

The idea is to make the players survive in a survival game, but if all players lose all progress due to the rash actions of one player, then it is not likely to be fun. Considering that you need to spend 7 hours of real time to survive until the first bloody moon. And the goal of the game is have fun, not to create an esports team of bug exploiters.

People should have the right to make a mistake in order to die in a bloody moon, roll back a day and say "okay, we did not cope, this is a challenge, we will do it differently" instead of "yes, we don't give a damn at all, we will die 50 times and still we will pass it through, it does not change anything" The meaning of the idea is that difficulties appear in the game instead of pseudo-difficulties.

10 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

You could always cheat (assuming it gets added) and just create a world backup every in game day if you're really that persistent. A permadeath world should NEVER save. They should always get deleted upon death, which shouldn't matter if you make backups anyway.. not that it ruins the purpose or anything..

Yes, and I can also install the mod, change the game files, and so on. etc etc

Why never? Think of single player games where you die and load at the last save