Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

9 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

Has anyone bought any water filters? given how much harder dukes are to come by they feel like a luxury item and I would never actually buy them because I would much rather spend 6 minutes of my time just boiling the water then spending an hours worth of questing  dukes to get the same result.

Water filters are too expensive for what they do and feel useless because of there price. the convenience just isn't worth the extra cost.

I do, but it is the last mod I buy for it.  While I can boil the water, I find having 6 clean glasses of water available once I collect all is a lot more convenient than waiting for them to boil.

16 hours ago, NukemDed said:

its nothing to do with the keyboard and mousers, they should stay in their lane. i really really dont care what they think of controllers. they dont use them, they simply cannot understand. they should respect the controller users and remain silent on the topic

Funny thing is, I would be a vocal supporter for controllers getting a good setup to use in-game.  But since I am a K+M person, I guess I should just stay silent

59 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Funny thing is, I would be a vocal supporter for controllers getting a good setup to use in-game.  But since I am a K+M person, I guess I should just stay silent

Yeah, not sure where the attitude is from.  Maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen anyone say the new controls for controllers is acceptable, from either controller users or keyboard and mouse users.  And why would keyboard and mouse users even care or want controllers to be bad or in any other way be against a better controller scheme to warrant such an attitude.  You might get people saying keyboard and mouse is better than controller or vice versa, but not that either should have had controls.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:54 AM, The-Walking-Dad said:

Not taking you as a smart arse, I've already turned the brightness down and I can still see perfectly well through the whole night without a light source. Inside is different, but outside is very bright. 

Get the Dark Nights mod by DoughPhungus. Also, I was playing yesterday and the textures were flickering and it was getting on my nerves so I shut off the anti aliasing to see if the flickering would stop. It did stop and it also got darker. 

So Dark Nights mod + no AA. Try that.

Posted (edited)

I don't blame TFP, Ive adapted and modded as necessary to
make it comfortable to me. Example they left the ability to
throw a spear so QOL i can throw the stone spear, yay me.

Also I learned a long time ago by reading posts and watching
the the outcomes. Presentation is the key. But I also learned
that there are contantly going to be opposing views, because
the game has included a more vast genre coverage, and has
generationaly crossed nearly half a century of a player base.

So far I have not come across too many dev teams willing to face
the fire in that way.

Either way I will still hold this game in the realm of games, like
The Matrix was for movies. Maybe the change that Joel wrote about
some time ago will finally happen. He wanted to push the limit,
and so far they have been doing it, and create a new one. Keep on pushing, TFP.

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, not sure where the attitude is from.  Maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen anyone say the new controls for controllers is acceptable, from either controller users or keyboard and mouse users.  And why would keyboard and mouse users even care or want controllers to be bad or in any other way be against a better controller scheme to warrant such an attitude.  You might get people saying keyboard and mouse is better than controller or vice versa, but not that either should have had controls.

I get where he is coming from. The attitude comes from cpu gaming only fanboys who criticize others for using controllers. 

Same on the other side, console fanboys can be pretty dumb when defending their hardware and how they play (controller) vs gaming on a CPU. 

It's all dumb to me, play how you play. Who cares if it's keyboard and mouse, K&M (I honestly don't even know what that is), or controller. 

We're all gamers here!!

3 hours ago, Fisher said:

Does the assassin armour have some sort of cape?  Just wondering about the weird flap that goes up and down when wrenching a vehicle.

flap.jpg

It does! It has a hood that is also a sort-of cloth cape. On higher FOVs you can see the edge of it poking like in your screenshot. It's janky but it feels immersive ( and boy does the cape look good as hell in third-person view—I watch a lot of GNS and he's running with the assassin's outfit right now )

2 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I get where he is coming from. The attitude comes from cpu gaming only fanboys who criticize others for using controllers. 

Same on the other side, console fanboys can be pretty dumb when defending their hardware and how they play (controller) vs gaming on a CPU. 

It's all dumb to me, play how you play. Who cares if it's keyboard and mouse, K&M (I honestly don't even know what that is), or controller. 

We're all gamers here!!

K&M or KBM seem to be short for keyboard and mouse.  :)

But about the rest, if we were seeing people trash talking controllers, then I would understand the response.  But that wasn't happening unless I missed it.  Everyone seems supportive of players using controllers getting a controller scheme that works, including those of us who don't use controllers.  So it was complete out of place, imo.  But oh well.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Riamus said:

But about the rest, if we were seeing people trash talking controllers, then I would understand the response.  But that wasn't happening unless I missed it.  Everyone seems supportive of players using controllers getting a controller scheme that works, including those of us who don't use controllers.  So it was complete out of place, imo.  But oh well.

Well there was a post about controller being inferior on PC game so that may be taken as well not so nice.

I am not a console player but oddly enough my bro in law gave me his PS3 because he didn't use it and I wanted to use the controller to drive in GTA 'cause I suck at it with keyboard.

I think I may have tried it one time in 7 days for driving also.

So I don't mind controllers I just don't really use them.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

Just now, Gamida said:

Well there was a post about controller being inferior on PC game so that may be taken as well not so nice.

Maybe.  There were some comments about what people liked about one or the other.  Maybe I missed where someone was going beyond just giving a personal opinion.  And was that before or after that comment?  Not that it matters.  People can get all tied up in knots about stuff that really doesn't matter all they want.  I don't see any reason for it.  Some people like controllers.  Some people like keyboard and mouse.  Some people like both, depending on the game.  I don't see why that matters.  No option is actually better.  It's all personal opinion about what each person prefers.  And just because someone likes one better doesn't make them right or you wrong... or you right and them wrong, so no reason to get upset about someone having a different opinion.  Maybe I'm just too old and just don't take offense at every minor thing.  ;)

10 minutes ago, Riamus said:

nah mate you missed it

it happens every time

'you dont see professional gamers using controllers"

those comments are not helpful and demean my preference. easiest if they just stayed silent. how does it go - if you dont have something nice to say...

and the bickering is pointless, we all like what we like.

just sick of hearing it over and over

and i was @%$#y they changed it

still am

coz the game rocks

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Maybe.  There were some comments about what people liked about one or the other.  Maybe I missed where someone was going beyond just giving a personal opinion.  And was that before or after that comment?  Not that it matters.  People can get all tied up in knots about stuff that really doesn't matter all they want.  I don't see any reason for it.  Some people like controllers.  Some people like keyboard and mouse.  Some people like both, depending on the game.  I don't see why that matters.  No option is actually better.  It's all personal opinion about what each person prefers.  And just because someone likes one better doesn't make them right or you wrong... or you right and them wrong, so no reason to get upset about someone having a different opinion.  Maybe I'm just too old and just don't take offense at every minor thing.  ;)

To me it was couple of pages ago. And I agree that it shouldn't matter if you use one or the other. Saying one sucks if you don't like using it when the other is saying that they don't like how it was changed just doesn't seem to be helping the situation any. Again, I am not a controller user and honestly don know if I could ever get use to it but I don't knock someone else for it. Live and let live right?

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

18 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Is there total list of trader only items?

I won’t tell you the full list, but I only saw Solar Bank and Solar Cell from traders.

40 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

17 more days before I can get my hands on it

Lol...I can actually feel the heat from your burning nerves! 🤣

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

7dtd  was 7th... hahaha funny

in twitch 

Congratulations tfp. 

17 more days before I can get my hands on it

20240708_140909.jpg

Are you a console only player Adam?

Two questions for TFP.

1) What was the change that is causing sleepers to wake up without immediately going after the PC? Is this change on the release notes and I missed it? This looks like something @faatal would implement.

2) Are you guys looking at what armor people are using and what armor people are not using to balance it out before stable?

Aiming is confirmed less (if not at all) wobbly. Don’t know if that was fix in A21 or 1.0 but thank goodness that it was given some attention. I didn’t play much of Alpha21 to be honest.  

The gun play does feel better. 

recoil needs some attention. 

pistol pov is to close.

@faatal When using RWG to generate a new world, I see this message in the console...

INF LoadPrefabs 1598 of 1959 in 0.028

Is there any way to know which of the 1959 - 1598 = 361 Prefabs did not load and why?

I mean, I don't know if they're all Vanilla, all my modlet, or a combination of both. (Has to be a combination of both, but which ones?) Without knowing which ones, I can't move on to the next question of why they didn't load. (Such as being not tagged for any district, perhaps?)

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Are you a console only player Adam?

Yup. Pc is a mega pos but when I go too My brother's I play. 

4 hours ago, Morloc said:

Lol...I can actually feel the heat from your burning nerves! 🤣

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

I'm foaming at the mouth like a pitbull when they smell a toddler 

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

1) What was the change that is causing sleepers to wake up without immediately going after the PC? Is this change on the release notes and I missed it? This looks like something @faatal would implement.

There is a new sleeper volume setting available for POI designers for wandering sleeper volumes.  This still requires the player to enter the volume area to activate the wandering zombies, but if the player isn't within range to be targeted by the zombies, they'll just wander around once activated rather than remaining in a sleep mode until you're within target range or detected.  It can make things feel a lot more alive but generally works best in large, open spaces.  In tight places like most indoor POI, you're already close enough once you enter the sleeper volume that they are going to immediately detect you and so you won't see them wandering.  I'm not sure how many POI have been updated to use the wandering sleeper volume setting.  I did a simple test on my own POI just to see how it worked and it's good if you have enough room.