Is this game abandoned?

woreeur

I always have to laugh at people claiming that because the game is in early access, it means the devs are stealing money from people.  Whether the game is in early access or released as gold, you are paying one time for it.  Early access isn't a subscription where you have to keep paying money the entire time it's in early access.  Early access is nothing all that different from a gold release (at least once it's gotten all its systems in place) that still has regular updates.  And regular updates is a good thing.  Once a game goes gold, you usually only have a few updates and then what you have is all there is.  With this game, you continually get updates with more content and other improvements.  That's actually a better option.  Getting hung up on "early access" is kind of dumb.  It is true that some games in early access never get released as gold and many have serious game breaking bugs and missing content.  But that's based solely on the game.  This game will be released, and even if it wasn't, it's already a fully-playable game, so it really doesn't matter.  And the bugs it has are generally minor and rarely game-breaking.  And because they are still in early access and making regular updates, those bugs actually get fixed, unlike in many gold released games.

Like the game or don't, but early access isn't a problem.

On 10/21/2023 at 4:28 AM, Roland said:

7 Days is the best 7 Days…

That's probably because there's no other game name of which would start with "7 Days...", isn't it? Oh wait, my bad. Actually there are now quite a few other games names of which start with "7 Days..." and they were developed and released while the 7 Days to Die is still in "Alpha early access". :)

But I totally agree this 7 days is the best 7 days, but no more than 7 days unless you're absolutely bored and have nothing better to do or play which luckily becomes less of an issue as the years pass and bring new and better games and opportunities to pass the time... ;)

8 hours ago, woreeur said:

Out of 30 garbage replies, thanks for the real info, appreciate it.

Just leave man, it is perfectly fine to tire of a game.

Goodbye letters and negative posts to ruin other peoples fun is just weird. If you no longer like the game just leave, find something else to do.

Edited by Fanatical_Meat
Duplicate posts (see edit history)

8 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

That's probably because there's no other game name of which would start with "7 Days...", isn't it? Oh wait, my bad. Actually there are now quite a few other games names of which start with "7 Days..." and they were developed and released while the 7 Days to Die is still in "Alpha early access". :)

But I totally agree this 7 days is the best 7 days, but no more than 7 days unless you're absolutely bored and have nothing better to do or play which luckily becomes less of an issue as the years pass and bring new and better games and opportunities to pass the time... ;)

You know that line of mine you quoted was a joke referencing make-up sex after having had an argument with your S.O. right?

You left that part out when you quoted me. I wasn't claiming that 7 Days to Die is the best game with the words 7 Days in it. I was joking that when you stop playing and abandon it for a time you always come back and the game always forgives and is especially fun when you do after having taken a break. 

7 Days is the best $20 I've ever spent.  I started playing on A19 and have hundreds of hours into the game.  I think it is a great game.  Are the graphics cutting edge?  No, not even close, but graphics are not how I judge a game.  It's the fun factor and replayability that is what I value and IMO, 7 Days has that in spades.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:22 PM, ElCabong said:

The stars have called and I have not been playing lately but I played the game continuously since Alpha 7. Was that 10 years ago?

Pretty much. I think it released with A7 on steam, that was in december 2013. I started right after christmas 2013, but i can´t remember wich alpha that was anymore.

Also could all the people complaining about the development time please stay in the steam forums. That would be nice. Remember Fallout 76? Remember No Mans Sky? That´s what happens if developers don´t take their time. So be happy we don´t get an unfinished product full of bugs and missing a ton of features.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

17 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I think it released with A7 on steam, that was in december 2013.

Alpha 6. I started then too. I think Alpha 6 only lasted for a like month or less and Alpha 7 came in January. Alpha 7 went longer than a month and people were pretty upset.... 🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

Alpha 6. I started then too. I think Alpha 6 only lasted for a like month or less and Alpha 7 came in January. Alpha 7 went longer than a month and people were pretty upset.... 🤣🤣

For some reason A6 is the only one that can't be downloaded using the method that was posted. I have all others from what I recall from A5 - A21

I just don't understand why people cry about games being in Alpha.  As long as significant progress is happening, so what?

The money I spent on 7DTD has had by far and away the best return on investment (in terms of hours played vs money spent) of any game I've ever spent money on.

Edit: Since June 7 2014, 1371 hours on $24.99: 1.8 cents per hour.  I wonder what other people's figures are?

Edited by DanLW (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, DanLW said:

I just don't understand why people cry about games being in Alpha.  As long as significant progress is happening, so what?

The money I spent on 7DTD has had by far and away the best return on investment (in terms of hours played vs money spent) of any game I've ever spent money on.

Edit: Since June 7 2014, 1371 hours on $24.99: 1.8 cents per hour.  I wonder what other people's figures are?

Yep, you get tired of the game and then you get a brand new game with the new release.

2 hours ago, DanLW said:

Yeah, people get so fixated on the game being in alpha for so long.... but I've been playing this game for 8+ years and 6k+ hours and if the game hadn't been constantly changing, I would've been bored of it a long time ago.   So the fact that its an alpha has extended my enjoyment of the game far beyond what I would normally get from a similarly priced game..  I hope it never goes gold!

14 hours ago, DanLW said:

I like to think I understand it, 

Some players are "black or white" absolutists or even completists. A wishy-washy state is difficult for them to accept.

An alpha game state is bad while a Gold game state is good (even if they are the same product).  If a game is not Gold then how can they "complete" it?

Where fundamentally in 7d2d's current case there is no difference, new alphas are essentially updated DLC for free.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:30 AM, woreeur said:

Ah man... sorry, that was a bit of an industry joke. Knew most people wouldn't get it, but didn't expect it to be taken seriously.

TFP are still using traditional Waterfall model development (i.e. major, timed releases and incompatibility between major versions). That's not to say it's bad or outdated, but DevOps isn't really suited to games where you have to download the client, as one of the main points of DevOps is that new features get added without the customer having to do anything (Think Facebook - is it ever down for upgrades and maintenance? Nope, new features justvstart appearing)

But no, the game is not abandoned, it is getting feature releases as well as bug fixes. 

On 10/24/2023 at 7:08 PM, DanLW said:

Well, I don't have my computer in front of me to check, but I'm somewhere around 1200 hours and paid about $7 on sale, so that is a really good value.  But even full price, if you can get even 300 hours (and I think the majority of players, not including those who bought but never played the game, have at least that much), you are getting more for your money than most AAA games that cost $60-70 and give you under 100 hours.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:30 AM, woreeur said:

Because garbage in gets garbage out.  Your 1st post. "Is it someone's garage project"   Come on, really? You know it's not. So many other ways to phrase your question that is not sarcastic.

7 minutes ago, rateds2k said:

Because garbage in gets garbage out.  Your 1st post. "Is it someone's garage project"   Come on, really? You know it's not. So many other ways to phrase your question that is not sarcastic.

I didn't know it's not, that's why I posted on the devs forum. Also never said the game is bad, just asking why it's still in alpha. Thanks to the one guy who broke through you sweatballs with real info, I know that now.

4 minutes ago, woreeur said:

I didn't know it's not, that's why I posted on the devs forum. Also never said the game is bad, just asking why it's still in alpha. Thanks to the one guy who broke through you sweatballs with real info, I know that now.

Lol, except it wasn't real info.... and he told you that later in the post.   

1 minute ago, woreeur said:

Yeah, that's how posts work. Someone asks a question, and then LaTeR iN tHe PoSt, sOmEbOdY rEpLiEs.

Yeah?

Not sure how that is relevant to you thinking something was real when it wasn't.   But carry on.

16 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Yeah?

Not sure how that is relevant to you thinking something was real when it wasn't.   But carry on.

Information that specifically explained why it's alpha? Yeah that's not real BuT cArRy oN lol

On 10/24/2023 at 4:08 PM, DanLW said:

I think I paid $15 for alpha 6. I am close to $0.01 an hour. Definitely worth it. Lol

It's funny how people complain about a $20 game and the spend more than that on a horrible 90min movie in theaters you see 1x. Lol

1 minute ago, warmer said:

I think I paid $15 for alpha 6. I am close to $0.01 an hour. Definitely worth it. Lol

It's funny how people complain about a $20 game and the spend more than that on a horrible 90min movie in theaters you see 1x. Lol

Who cares? I paid 3 bucks, amount spent is irrelevant, just that money is spent. I'm noticing a fair portion of you have difficulty with reading comprehension, and stringing words together so I'm gonna bounce out of here, have fun guys.

19 minutes ago, woreeur said:

Who cares? I paid 3 bucks, amount spent is irrelevant, just that money is spent. I'm noticing a fair portion of you have difficulty with reading comprehension, and stringing words together so I'm gonna bounce out of here, have fun guys.

Ironic, because a few minutes of research reading these message boards probably would've answered every question you had.   But I suspect you weren't really looking for an answer, you just wanted to make a point.  Well done.