Is this game abandoned?

woreeur

Nope. Still going strong. TFP is showcasing it along with the new console port at Twitchcon in Las Vegas right now. If you really haven't played it at all for about 10 years then you should easily be able to see the massive improvements over what you played back in 2013/2014....clear evidence that the game hasn't been abandoned.

Welcome back!

6 minutes ago, YourMirror said:

So you played the first version. Then come back to it 10 years later and the only thing you see is the tiny little word Axxxx in the upper right corner? And that freaks you out so much you HAVE to make an account and post it here? Suuuuuure 

Lol it's not a tiny word. Games steal money from people all the time with "early access" and this game isn't that complicated. It's sketchy that it's still in alpha after this long with very little progress. Looks like @%$# still. After 10 years, it's not "early"

Edited by woreeur (see edit history)

LOL

if you checked this game after 10 years then you know there is not a single block that remains looking the same.

YES... we all feel this is the FOREVER ALPHA game, but one thing you cannot say about tfp is that they abandoned the game or didnt worked on it all this time.

the amount of stuff that was improved, changed, modified, the interaction with the community, etc. probes you wrong.

and this is comming from someone who is quite critic about what they do.

I havent played this in a while and for sure I know buying this game was not a rippoff to get early access money. was money well expend.

we can complain about a lot of things we disagree with the devs but thats just different oppinions or whatever. i doubt any other player here feels the way you do.

they could always call it... late access if that makes you happy.

anyway, see you back in 10 years for alpha 44.

21 minutes ago, woreeur said:

Lol it's not a tiny word. Games steal money from people all the time with "early access" and this game isn't that complicated. It's sketchy that it's still in alpha after this long with very little progress. Looks like @%$# still. After 10 years, it's not "early"

They've certainly stole my money.... I've paid about $0.0025 per hour played.   Crooks!

7 hours ago, woreeur said:

Logged into this game after not playing it for about 10 years and it's still in alpha? Has it been abandoned/is it just one person's garage project or what

Functionally speaking, there is no difference between calling something 'alpha' and 'version'.

'early access' is a worthless distinction other than to say that something is in active development. The devs are currently at Twitchcon shilling something, including the much awaited for the lower castes console version update, which likely because the people running the stores on the consoles are who they are, will mean they have to sell it as a separate title rather than pushing the update to existing owners.

There are a plethora of "finished" AAA games that are riddled with bugs, run like @%$#, have minimal replayability, etc, etc, etc. I've played enough games that look beautiful; impeccable graphics, but should be registered as a sleep aide with how boring they are. 

I don't care if 7 Days is in alpha, beta, gamma or delta - I think it's delightful.

This game is actually on the cutting edge of software development called CICD. (Continuous integration/Continuous Deployment) 

image.png.0e8db3a5dbacc1df56b95e5b1165928b.png

The Pimps have just made the mistake of using traditonal Waterfall development numbering systems. They should be taking on more modern naming systems like 2023.10a (foe the first October 2023 release).

Edited by Pernicious (see edit history)

Yes, the game world is abandoned.  Any POI in disrepair is free for the looting.  You may see a zombie or two.  They are kill on sight.  If you see a POI with a fence around it that has not been breached, it is probably a trader.  Try to find Trader Rekt.  He is a very cheery and helpful chap who can offer friendly advice.

1 hour ago, DanLW said:

Yes, the game world is abandoned.  Any POI in disrepair is free for the looting.  You may see a zombie or two.  They are kill on sight.  If you see a POI with a fence around it that has not been breached, it is probably a trader.  Try to find Trader Rekt.  He is a very cheery and helpful chap who can offer friendly advice.

I give Trader Rekt some of my 9mm ammo, once I can, I give him my .44 ammo too.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:21 AM, woreeur said:

Has it been abandoned/is it just one person's garage project or what

image.png.b6ad221da5d134eb68789c48dea3e467.png

I mean, being #32 out of (how many???) Steam's Top Games list isn't decisive proof that the game isn't dead, but it's amazingly compelling circumstantial evidence.

On 10/20/2023 at 12:42 PM, woreeur said:

Looks like @%$# still.

Compared to which other voxel zombie survival game?

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Edited by Morloc (see edit history)

On 10/20/2023 at 6:19 PM, Pernicious said:

This game is actually on the cutting edge of software development called CICD. (Continuous integration/Continuous Deployment) 

image.png.0e8db3a5dbacc1df56b95e5b1165928b.png

The Pimps have just made the mistake of using traditonal Waterfall development numbering systems. They should be taking on more modern naming systems like 2023.10a (foe the first October 2023 release).

Out of 30 garbage replies, thanks for the real info, appreciate it.