Is this game abandoned?

woreeur

26 minutes ago, woreeur said:

Who cares? I paid 3 bucks, amount spent is irrelevant, just that money is spent. I'm noticing a fair portion of you have difficulty with reading comprehension, and stringing words together so I'm gonna bounce out of here, have fun guys.

$3 is the price of a small bag of chips. How is this worth your time?! Lol

I mean $3 you spent 10 years ago... How is that a concern of yours? How is that even an issue? i am sure 99% of us have come across and picked up/ignored $3 worth of change off the street/between couch cushions/found in pockets in 10 years.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Work is done daily, and we're working on a lot of things/bug fixes/optimizations. It's taking some time mostly because it's a small team + we want to do things right/most polished - definitely not abandoned :) 

Hey thanks man, I bought a dedicated server for me and 3 friends. Been enjoying the hell out of alpha 21.

41 minutes ago, warmer said:

$3 is the price of a small bag of chips. How is this worth your time?! Lol

I mean $3 you spent 10 years ago... How is that a concern of yours? How is that even an issue? i am sure 99% of us have come across and picked up/ignored $3 worth of change off the street/between couch cushions/found in pockets in 10 years.

Again, reading comprehension skills, work on them. Have a good life.

1 hour ago, woreeur said:

Again, reading comprehension skills, work on them. Have a good life.

You crack me up, your lack of searching or reading this forum is literally why you started this in the first place. You are projecting your own lack of awareness, lack of research, lack of reading comprehension. Lol

3 hours ago, woreeur said:

Been enjoying the hell out of alpha 21

Cool. So then......why the angst over it still being in alpha? You say, "who cares if it was $15 or $3, it was money spent" so if you're having a blast with friends on a dedicated server enjoying the hell out of alpha 21, why care if the word "alpha" is still involved or not? I was the first person to answer your original post and I did so seriously and with accurate information completely ignoring the language you chose to use but you ignored me completely and went on an insulting rant about how @%$#ty the game still looks after all this time....

Oh...wait... did he bounce? He might've bounced. 

Well, have fun Bouncing Dude! Glad you bought a dedicated server to play this @%$#ty-looking game you assumed was abandoned.... 🤣

56 minutes ago, rateds2k said:

It seems like we have been getting quite a bit of these type of posts. I guess that is part of the world we live in. :(   Is it so hard to just phrase something in a nice way? Guess I am getting old.

OT

I see it as a widespread phenomena (somewhat learned) across many age ranges and generations.  The stoics had it right, stiff upper lip.

The dopamine hit from "ranting" is a positive feedback mechanism for those that rant.  The internet and anonymity simply provides more opportunity to indulge.

Most people never learned to argue or debate, and respectful discourse does not get views.

Edited by 8_Hussars (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, rateds2k said:

Makes sense. I love to debate different views. You just always have to remember to look at it from the other point of view and be nice :)

Exactly.  There isn't anything wrong with having different opinions on things and discussing those differences.  It is quite possible to do so in a friendly and positive way.  No need to troll or rant or make accusations or belittle someone or anything like that.  Not saying that was all done here.

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

Exactly.  There isn't anything wrong with having different opinions on things and discussing those differences.  It is quite possible to do so in a friendly and positive way.  No need to troll or rant or make accusations or belittle someone or anything like that.  Not saying that was all done here.

no u 😉

On 10/28/2023 at 2:31 AM, 8_Hussars said:

OT

I see it as a widespread phenomena (somewhat learned) across many age ranges and generations.  The stoics had it right, stiff upper lip.

The dopamine hit from "ranting" is a positive feedback mechanism for those that rant.  The internet and anonymity simply provides more opportunity to indulge.

Most people never learned to argue or debate, and respectful discourse does not get views.

Learned behaviour from the social media algorithm.

The algorithm knows negative emotions get keep you engaged longer, so you view more adverts.

Along with leaders who no longer allow the truth to spoil their narrative, which was enabled by followers who never leave their echo chambers to verify the facts.

I am not sure what is worse, the lack of choice in sources of information I grew up with in the 70s, or the abundance of misinformation that obscures the valuable infomation in the social media age.

Hopefully the younger generation sorts it out, before the older generation does something very stupid (well, even more stupid than we already have...).