Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

39 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Especially since A22 is supposedly coming in Q1 2024. I have a feeling they either forgot to start the A22 dev diary, aren't starting on at all, or A22 isn't coming Q1 2024.

Pretty sure I can remove any doubt about it coming in Q1 2024.  😜

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Lack of "team spawn" - it would be good to able to start close each other not 4 km far away. 

That's pretty easy to arrange. One of the world files has a list of spawn points. Edit the file and delete all but one of them.

It would be cool if they'd make that an RWG option to control the number of spawn points.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DocRussel said:

Pretty sure I can remove any doubt about it coming in Q1 2024.  😜

I mean given the track record and how unpredictable programming can be, I don't think anyone actually expects it to release in Q1 2023.

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

2) Don’t wait until you need first aid to craft first aid.  Always have it on you, even a lowly bandage is going to be beneficial….not if you have to craft it first.

I don't think they meant they needed to craft it.  Instead, that they were misclicking on track instead of use when they wanted to use a bandage from inventory instead of the tool belt.  Easy options there - add it to the tool belt or use the key (A is default) for using the bandage from inventory (after clicking on the bandage) instead of clicking on the Use button.  That's faster anyhow.

5 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I don't think they meant they needed to craft it. 

CRAFTING by one small thing is terrible. Why? because "track" option cause too much missclick in situation when there is no time for that ( like bleeding)

To me, this reads that they were trying to craft in a crappy situation - aka bleeding and getting frustrated that it is not a smooth operation.

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

1.  It could be put in diffrent place like item describtion not just in this same place like crafting. It would be solve that problem. 

2. Actualy - pretty early stage + lack of free space. My friend was thinking that dogs can only make bleeding like during previous alphas

I personally like it at the top.  Yeah I know you can mis-click it if you are trying to craft a bandage while you are bleeding, but I like that because it punishes you for not being prepared.  If you are prone to panicking, then craft them ahead of time so you don't have to worry.

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

To me, this reads that they were trying to craft in a crappy situation - aka bleeding and getting frustrated that it is not a smooth operation.

Could be.  I just read it as meaning it's a crafting change that was made.  I don't think many people besides very new players would wait to craft something until after they are bleeding.  Just trying to find it to craft it and then the time to craft would just about run down your bleeding timer anyhow.

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

Hm, that alien spaceship in the bottom left rises questions.

Very well done job from the artists !

Will they have more polished animations ?

The bigger question is - Will the mountain lions stop looking like uncircumcised roosters when they die?

20 hours ago, Matt115 said:

A little bit lack of one vision about some things : devs don't want zombie kids ( okay) but then adds daycare? then he will will bit... confused - will be new school pois but won't add zombie kids. Ok won't kids so why add such POI's? it's like don't want to add alcohol but add brewery

If you assume they had made no daycare POI then players would still wonder why there are no zombie kids.

Also 7days has a brewery but there is no alcohol in it. (And except for Grandpas Moonshine there is actually no alcohol in the game, i.e. surely less than would be expected)

4 hours ago, beerfly said:

Hm, that alien spaceship in the bottom left rises questions.

Reminds me of my first ray-tracing experience couple of decades ago. A shiny chrome ball was the first thing I made. Took ages to render.

16 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Especially since A22 is supposedly coming in Q1 2024. I have a feeling they either forgot to start the A22 dev diary, aren't starting on at all, or A22 isn't coming Q1 2024.

You probably mean 2025.

In that tweet A22 is kinda promised "this year". So it's something at least. More than we're getting from this forum.

If I sound a bit frustrated, I've been watching this circus for 10 years, 1 month and few days now.

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

If you assume they had made no daycare POI then players would still wonder why there are no zombie kids.

Also 7days has a brewery but there is no alcohol in it. (And except for Grandpas Moonshine there is actually no alcohol in the game, i.e. surely less than would be expected)

Did you forget that beer is in the game?  😏

11 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Did you forget that beer is in the game?  😏

It could be non-alcoholic beer 😁. (Yeah, I was only searching for "alcohol" to make sure there isn't any in the game)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

It could be non-alcoholic beer 😁. (Yeah, I was only searching for "alcohol" to make sure there isn't any in the game)

That would be the first non-alcoholic beer that gives you a buzz that I have heard of. 😂

17 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I personally like it at the top.  Yeah I know you can mis-click it if you are trying to craft a bandage while you are bleeding, but I like that because it punishes you for not being prepared.  If you are prone to panicking, then craft them ahead of time so you don't have to worry.

Not only during dangerous but  happens even during calm situation. Just during calm period is a little bit less annoying. i hope it could be customable

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

1. Well - yes would wonder but - if you see school in zombie game/movie you can expect zombie kids or at least explanation why there is lack of them ( was evacuated / killed by army/ corporation/another bad guys earlier). So... if you would find in Uncharted german gun you can expect this place was visited by germans before you because this have sense ( fun fact: in one games before germany group show up in story directly you can find small hit of them thanks to... MP40 in skeleton pit). So... if TFP don't want to add zombie kids then better option would be change Schools into university/ student camp

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

There was grain vodka too 😜 and vodka learn elixir looks for me as typical alcohol too ! not even mention Moonshine 😂 ahh it's sounds like my cousine's wedding

So - if there is Brewery there is alcohol! if there is school then there should be kids 🤣

13 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

That would be the first non-alcoholic beer that gives you a buzz that I have heard of. 😂

Mirinda : strawberry watermelon is much worst that any alcohol 🤣

7 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

They look like animals now!

Also I hope we still get the boar! We can always uses more hostile wildlife 

Also hoping we get even 1-2 more animals. having just *one* animal in each "weight class" in each biome is incredibly sparse. Pigs being split into boars and pigs is a bit of a start.

I don't mean a full zoo, but like, even ten animals per biome would be really nice.