Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

22 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Based on the biome and POIs in the screenshots, I assume they were taken in the Navezgane map.

Yes the one should be aldos cabinets in the tempered biome, the other would be the cathedral in...well can't recall the name of the snow biome city...damn so it's about time I give Navezgane another try in A22.

1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

Yes the one should be aldos cabinets in the tempered biome, the other would be the cathedral in...well can't recall the name of the snow biome city...damn so it's about time I give Navezgane another try in A22.

Perishion

A hood classic 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Dear Diary,

Today's playtest of the new T5 reimagined football_stadium POI went well.  After a lighting optimization pass, it should be ready for QA playtest by the end of today / first thing Monday morning.

In other news, the following commit from today (see attached) was one that caused a lot of laughs on the team. 😆

Joking aside, it has been exciting to see all of the work going into A22, can't wait for you guys to get your hands on it when it arrives.

commit.png

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Dear Diary,

Today's playtest of the new T5 reimagined football_stadium POI went well.  After a lighting optimization pass, it should be ready for QA playtest by the end of today / first thing Monday morning.

In other news, the following commit from today (see attached) was one that caused a lot of laughs on the team. 😆

Joking aside, it has been exciting to see all of the work going into A22, can't wait for you guys to get your hands on it when it arrives.

commit.png

But when will that be?

21 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Dear Diary,

commit.png

Can't wait to live on the football stadium 

On 12/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, Laz Man said:

Dear Diary,

commit.png

Just curios, will this be in RWG? I know you mentioned trying to make the POI work for it. If so, will it fit in a POI tile, or will it be a RWG Tile?

Edited by Spuder
Making it more clear (see edit history)

Before i write up a bug report, I just want to double check.

Since A21.2 there have been times where I can't jump. I hop like maybe an inch. The Known Issues list says, "inconsistent jump height". Is that the same thing?

It consistently happens when I try to jump over the railing at Trader Bob's, in front of his north side door. The first attempt has no height, as if there is an invisible ceiling. But subsequent jumps work fine.

Maybe it's too soon, maybe I'm an insensitive piece of sausage, but I have to ask: Who inherited the daunting task of continuing RWG work for 7dtd and a22? More like the elephant in the room, it's like a T-REX with a monocycle stomping nuts inside a tiny shed.

17 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Maybe it's too soon, maybe I'm an insensitive piece of sausage, but I have to ask: Who inherited the daunting task of continuing RWG work for 7dtd and a22? More like the elephant in the room, it's like a T-REX with a monocycle stomping nuts inside a tiny shed.

How dare you, you insensitive piece of sausage!

(probably won't be handled until after the first of the year since all the staff are going on vacation anyway this week until after the new year.)