Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

Can’t. Used all my grass on plant fiber pants. 

So….did anyone join the TFP Club?

Do we get a bonus for being forum members. We are basically a cult at this point 

Yes I am signed up. I expect overlord armor, alpha 22 dev diary, airports, flamethowers, a twinky, skeletons and a console demo 

Love yall ;)

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, HeLLKnight said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Oh, new zombie prisoner?! looks like console version at this point is A22 b100. Also lighting looks improved from A21 but could be wishful thinking 😄

Will there be live streaming by TFP or third parties at some point during Twitchcon?

Is it not just a colour swapped janitor?

5 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Is it not just a colour swapped janitor?

I'd say you're absolutely right there.

It's him, with a different wig and new overall. Haircut itself and arm tattoos are recognizable.

...so let's call it a not-that-disguising Halloween costume, but still it's so cool to see that these variants are being implemented!

That color scheme could actually be used for many different zombies in a prison poi to make it more immersive, instead of just randomly spawn every color.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

6 hours ago, HeLLKnight said:
  Hide contents

spacer.png

Oh, new zombie prisoner?! looks like console version at this point is A22 b100. Also lighting looks improved from A21 but could be wishful thinking 😄

Will there be live streaming by TFP or third parties at some point during Twitchcon?

Holy crap I didn't noticed, maybe it's the janitors but reskined but the hair looks different 

I swear this game has the wridest encounters ever... Just logged in, lastly logged out in the nowhere,not a single zombie around. Now when I logged in, I was surrounded by zombies instantly and got killed. How is that a thing it's a single player game there's no one triggering zombie hordes xD how am I instantly surrounded by them and get killed in the loading screen xD

2 hours ago, Arez said:

There's a guy Reddit posting info from TwitchCon. From what he was told, it appears to be a 4v1 asym horror game.

Yup, some details revealed on their booth stream

Bloodmoons is a 4v1 type game, it's on the same engine, in dev for a year, "a more condensed experience", the 1 player is a "zombie hive mind". Coming into Early Access in the next 6 months 

6 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Bloodmoons is a 4v1 type game, it's on the same engine, in dev for a year, "a more condensed experience", the 1 player is a "zombie hive mind". Coming into Early Access in the next 6 months 

Ehhh I'm not sure how I feel about that kinda of a game.  Most of those games don't live for long. Like evolved or predator hunting ground.

I just hope for there sake it will work out well for them

Also alpha 22 dev diary, overlord armor and console demo please 

5 hours ago, Diragor said:

I swear this game has the wridest encounters ever... Just logged in, lastly logged out in the nowhere,not a single zombie around. Now when I logged in, I was surrounded by zombies instantly and got killed. How is that a thing it's a single player game there's no one triggering zombie hordes xD how am I instantly surrounded by them and get killed in the loading screen xD

Simple case of Git Gud

8 hours ago, Diragor said:

Are you on horde night? Logging out before 4am even if you finished horde night will start it again when you log back in.

10 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Sounds like killing floor.

21 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Sounds like this game is gonna bomb hard.   Its a shame out of all ideas they probably vetted, they think this will succeed lol. 

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Sounds like this game is gonna bomb hard.   Its a shame out of all ideas they probably vetted, they think this will succeed lol. 

It sounds like a game built for twitch. Dead by daylight is pretty popular.  And sense TFP have br going pretty hard with twitch. No idea why, maybe money... probably money, nothing wrong with that make what your worth. But stay focus

It's a shame imo but I do hope for the best sense they are a small studio but For God's sakes they just gotta focus on the main game. Most cat vs mouse games don't live long. Dead by daylight is one of the few that managed too. Evolved, predator hunting grounds had nice stats. But died fast. 

Add QOL stuff, console, polish, bandits, Building blocks/decor, zombies, story and more.  For God sakes we don't even have the Dev diary. I'm going to make a unofficial one at this point lmao 

The console demo seems to be working pretty damn well at least 

I don't think The Fun Pimps have any problem "focusing", they just lack in the communications department.

Most of the complaints (so called "gates") I've witnessed over the years were not so much about unwanted or unexpected features, but about them (TFP) often not communicating enough with the player base until it was too late to give any reasonable feedback.

Take as an example the water changes. When they informed us of the new water mechanic that was coming in A21, most of it was already in the new version.

Now, let me be clear, I'm not opposed to this particular change as many are, but I think they could have benefited from an early announcement on the changes.

See for example the armor/clothing change. That was showed to us when still in the early concept-art phase. That was good.

A lot of people immediately gave their (mostly negative) feedback and, as far as I know, it was either ditched or reworked for A22.

I like developers who know what they want and I hate developers who start a new game and develop it mostly by "polling" the player base: that's nonsense.

But there's also the other side of the coin, where developers like TFP are so focused on their own plan, that they forget to at least "check" with their players.

13 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I'm not really booing it I'm just worried.  I just hope it's good and successful 

We are not the only party of people they aim to entertain is in my mind, hope their project get to a point of good success and bring many new others after that. 

3 hours ago, Diragor said:

Nope was daytime and 3 days until next BM :D

Modded or vanilla? Some relevant other option changed from default, like daylight running for example?

Generally I would assume if you log in that the normal spawn rules apply, so even if zombies get spawned they should have been some distance away from you, except maybe in buildings. You could check your logfile or post it in "general support" (or even immediately in the "bugs" section) as it shows when and why zombies are spawned. It might be a very seldom occuring bug.

I know in older alphas and in some mods we had the rule to always go into a safe location when logging out. But the spawning rules changed and I have not followed that rule for years now and never got killed immediately.