Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

26 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

DYING to know where the 5th person sits, because there's the two front seats and the two in the back... unless someone sits in the empty space in the bed, perhaps? 👀

The visible mods on it are great, too. Love the idea that the cargo mod just adds a bunch of suitcases and containers. Looks great!

2 hours ago, vergilsparda said:

DYING to know where the 5th person sits, because there's the two front seats and the two in the back... unless someone sits in the empty space in the bed, perhaps? 👀

The fifth player is strapped to the grill of the car in MadMax style.

Spoiler

spacer.png

3 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

MY only problem with these 4x4 vehicles is the things on the front that make them useless. The jeep isn't even used on our server (we use Bdubyah's humvee instead) because of the thing on the front that constantly goes into terrain. I can off-road in my F-250 all day right now. Put a snow-plow on it where it has an inch of clearance. Think it will do much of anything off-road?

I don't mind these plows as an option, but make them optional. The current jeep would be rad if we could remove the rigging up front and actually have more than an inch of ground clearance.

I'm from the south, I enjoy off-roading. Clearance is at the top of the list, especially if you're climbing rocks or going through rivers/deep mud. Give us a REAL off-road option!

Look at the pictures again a bit more carefully. 

9 hours ago, Matt115 said:

7dtd supposed to be realistic style game (as for zombie standards in 2013)

There is your fundamental problem with 7D2D right there. When you start with false assumptions you reach false conclusions. Just look at the demolisher and tell me again it is "supposed" to be realistic. And no wishing or praying from you will change the fact that in 7D2D broken bones heal in a day and the moon turns red every 7 days. Where some other games try to be as realistic as possible, 7D2D is somewhere in the wide field between realism and a comic, probably more on the side of comic than realism.

Now I get it, the rest of your post is again your pamphlet to the developers with your wishlist and a request to them to please change their ways and reconsider. Could you please make a new post and adress it to Fataal for example the next time. I always feel left out of a dialog I am supposed to be a part of 😎

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

There is your fundamental problem with 7D2D right there. When you start with false assumptions you reach false conclusions. Just look at the demolisher and tell me again it is "supposed" to be realistic. And no wishing or praying from you will change the fact that in 7D2D broken bones heal in a day and the moon turns red every 7 days. Where some other games try to be as realistic as possible, 7D2D is somewhere in the wide field between realism and a comic, probably more on the side of comic than realism.

Now I get it, the rest of your post is again your pamphlet to the developers with your wishlist and a request to them to please change their ways and reconsider. Could you please make a new post and adress it to Fataal for example the next time. I always feel left out of a dialog I am supposed to be a part of 😎

7DTD was released shortly after MC. Graphic was more close to F.E.A.R or cod WaW ( grey/brown aethethic, buildings style etc.) 7DTD artstyle is like person who was considering that go to IT ( realistic) or engineering ( comic/parody) but considering what want from live so long that finished as night guard on parking. Still better that crackhead ( Night of the Dead) yet i think it's not something to be proud of. About broken bones or blood moon - i will give you Uncharted as example - one of dev expalin that you character never get bulllet "canonical" during gameplay only during cutscene and "lose of health" is just " lose of luck" - damn Drake is the luckiest man alive if he can is not shot buy guy using shotgun point blank. Yet it's realisitic about logic - if there is ww2 base : you can find mp40 near german corpse. So yeah there is magic etc. yet... what should be realisitc is realitic - i don't think you would find M16 in XVI century ship wrecks. 

But returing to 7dtd - started in realistic style - pois design, props, weapon models, enemy models etc. just there is totaly change of style since dunno A19? 

About writing to Faatal: i don't think that ping him will cause that he answer to this post after all. Devs were piged pretty often previosly ( idk if something change during halve of year) so it's likely it will be ignored. You are Mod here so you are probably in more direct contact with devs. If you want to join him into disccusion you can DM him. I will gladly explain him my point of view. 

13 hours ago, vergilsparda said:

On the contrary my friend, the moment I saw that vehicle I immediately wondered why it only supports 5 people.

At least there is not a single movie with a postapocalyptic theme, where everybody is neatly and properly seated inside their vehicles,

fasten your seatbelts please.

There's always at least one or two of them just clinging to the sides or on top of their jury-rigged whatever monstrosities they drive around.

So really, thinking MadMax style, this thing should be able to support 8 people or more.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

2.  Someone can said " But modders are not rich enough to buy good models!" - true yet are able to "take off " harley queen from Batman. I think they could take models from cod, l4d2, or even re 2 ( spoiler art - people are using RE 2 models for mods in diffrent games)

That is asking for the copyright owners to send a cease and desist letter to you.  Unless the model has been deemed fair use, most modders that want to stay out of trouble will not take copyright materials from other medias / games and use in their mods.

52 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

DTD was released shortly after MC. Graphic was more close to F.E.A.R or cod WaW ( grey/brown aethethic, buildings style etc.) 7DTD artstyle is like person who was considering that go to IT ( realistic) or engineering ( comic/parody) but considering what want from live so long that finished as night guard on parking. Still better that crackhead ( Night of the Dead) yet i think it's not something to be proud of. About broken bones or blood moon - i will give you Uncharted as example - one of dev expalin that you character never get bulllet "canonical" during gameplay only during cutscene and "lose of health" is just " lose of luck" - damn Drake is the luckiest man alive if he can is not shot buy guy using shotgun point blank. Yet it's realisitic about logic - if there is ww2 base : you can find mp40 near german corpse. So yeah there is magic etc. yet... what should be realisitc is realitic - i don't think you would find M16 in XVI century ship wrecks. 

And in 7D2D you would NOT find an MP40 near a german soldier corpse. Surprise !! If you get lucky a dev of 7D2D will explain to you why you see so many similar zombies and there is a blood moon, and I will guarantee you that that explanation will be as realistic as the explanation of magic exisitng in Unchartered. 😉 .

What was the explanation for the existence of magic in Unchartered again? There was none? Thought so.

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

But returing to 7dtd - started in realistic style - pois design, props, weapon models, enemy models etc. just there is totaly change of style since dunno A19? 

That argument gets you included into my internal list "found out about EA too late" 😉.

But 7D2d started with very few models of zombies and never changed that. So you should be pleased, at least they didn't change that. 😁.

See, you only refer to old alphas as setting rules when it suits you. But the thing is, old alphas do not set any rules. I am sure nobody inside TFP will care about anything that was in alpha4 and neither will they listen about you complaining about style changes that happened after some prototype version

About writing to Faatal: i don't think that ping him will cause that he answer to this post after all. Devs were piged pretty often previosly ( idk if something change during halve of year) so it's likely it will be ignored. You are Mod here so you are probably in more direct contact with devs. If you want to join him into disccusion you can DM him. I will gladly explain him my point of view. 

What you can hope for is that they read your opinion.

The only mod with a direct contact to devs is Crator Creator now. Even worse, what you discuss with me or anyone else is even more likely to be ignored. Because they assume (AFAIK) that any replies are part of some conversation and argument between players. And they don't have time to read all that stuff. I am also pretty sure that Faatal is DM'd so often that he simply ignores DMs.

23 minutes ago, meganoth said:

And in 7D2D you would NOT find an MP40 near a german soldier corpse. Surprise !! If you get lucky a dev of 7D2D will explain to you why you see so many similar zombies and there is a blood moon, and I will guarantee you that that explanation will be as realistic as the explanation of magic exisitng in Unchartered. 😉 .

<sign> I mean that you can expect realism - if you find german corpse from ww2 you expect mp40 not famas right?  Because famas was made much more later :)

Even more!  Metro is post-apo series of games - there are ghosts, paranormal gates, mutated evolution of humans. Yet because it's set in Russia - you find russian weapons. What do you expect to find near corpse of russian soldier? make from junk shotgun? No - AK because there is no  sense for that. While 7dtd - in cut from outside world secret bunker after sealed door with military box you will find gun made from random pipes which totaly doesn't have sense :)

23 minutes ago, meganoth said:

That argument gets you included into my internal list "found out about EA too late" 😉.

But 7D2d started with very few models of zombies and never changed that. So you should be pleased, at least they didn't change that. 😁.

See, you only refer to old alphas as setting rules when it suits you. But the thing is, old alphas do not set any rules. I am sure nobody inside TFP will care about anything that was in alpha4 and neither will they listen about you complaining about style changes that happened after some prototype version

Medieval Dynasty - this same style since release. terraria? similiar situation. Conan? again. Ark similiar, Contagion this same story.  Even project zomboid which get change from 2d into 3d keep original style

24 minutes ago, meganoth said:

What you can hope for is that they read your opinion.

The only mod with a direct contact to devs is Crator Creator now. Even worse, what you discuss with me or anyone else is even more likely to be ignored. Because they assume (AFAIK) that any replies are part of some conversation and argument between players. And they don't have time to read all that stuff. I am also pretty sure that Faatal is DM'd so often that he simply ignores DMs.

You : you should tell this too faatal.

Me: he won't read it

You : you know he won't read it? 

Me: this exactly what i'm saying

37 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

faatal responds to people that tag him, he has been doing that for some time now.  He reads things that members tag him on, and most of the time, he responds to it.  It may not be the response you want, but he does read things brought to his attention.

<sign> I mean that you can expect realism - if you find german corpse from ww2 you expect mp40 not famas right?  Because famas was made much more later :)

Even more!  Metro is post-apo series of games - there are ghosts, paranormal gates, mutated evolution of humans. Yet because it's set in Russia - you find russian weapons. What do you expect to find near corpse of russian soldier? make from junk shotgun? No - AK because there is no  sense for that.

No, you can't expect realism with THIS game. And you can list hundreds of other games where some parts have internal consistency or are realistic and others are not and it does mean sh** with THIS game.

While 7dtd - in cut from outside world secret bunker after sealed door with military box you will find gun made from random pipes which totaly doesn't have sense :)

Yes, but what you don't see is that this is not an accident, not a bug, not something that will be corrected because you tell them. You will find a pipe weapon in a military bunker and you will find it there in the release version as well. I can almost guarantee you that, as much as a random user on this forum can.

Medieval Dynasty - this same style since release. terraria? similiar situation. Conan? again. Ark similiar, Contagion this same story.  Even project zomboid which get change from 2d into 3d keep original style

Who cares? You don't seem to understand that a developer can be different from other developers, can develop his games differently. Ask Steam if they object and they will tell you they don't. Ask the terraria developers if they object and they will tell you they wont 😁. Nobody at TFP cares what the ark developers did or did not. It doesn't make a precedent that needs to be followed, there is no rule about it.

I mean, did you protest to project zomboid that they changed from 2d to 3d? You could have told them that "Terraria didn't, Conan didn't, Ark didn't, Contagion didn't change from 2d to 3d. So how can you do that?". They would have given you the same answer that TFP would.

Interesting. Which was the part where I did something similar to asking you "you know he won't read it?" in the part you quoted?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Would we get some improvement in vehicle`s driving physics, behaviour on jumps, hills and stuff in A22 ? 

5 hours ago, Gamida said:

and can we presume with it attached that hitting things (+zombies) you would get less damage?

This ^

An armor attachment, but for vehicles. 

I really enjoy RWG. I think it's one of the best parts of the game to be able to always have a new world to explore. However, I do wish that I could paint a map with where I want the desert, forest, wasteland, and snow biomes to be. I could plot where I want small, medium, large, and x-large cities. And to draw the roads on how I want them to connect. Right now the roads look a ton better than previous alphas but still do some crazy stuff that makes no sense. Like why do I have 2 cities close together but the road that connects them has to go all the way around the map first?

20 minutes ago, Old Crow said:
  • Exploding vehicles spawn a loot bag of contents

THANK you!

Me : franticly making a storage chest to be able to put all my @%$# back because I have no free slots available in my inventory, after a bump in a trolley. 

Wondering wolf : Nope !

• BuffInjuryBleedingCooldown that adds BuffResistance after bleeding buffs to help reduce consecutive bleeds

This is my favorite change. It's ridiculous how often you bleed in A21. Especially in the big final fights in T5 and T6 quests.

5 hours ago, RipClaw said:
  • BuffInjuryBleedingCooldown that adds BuffResistance after bleeding buffs to help reduce consecutive bleeds

This is my favorite change. It's ridiculous how often you bleed in A21. Especially in the big final fights in T5 and T6 quests.

Thank @%$#ing god. Now they just need to fix breaks and sprains for real. So tired of getting hit in the leg and getting a broken arm and vice-versa.

On 7/30/2023 at 10:30 PM, RipClaw said:

The fifth player is strapped to the grill of the car in MadMax style.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Or, the fifth player is under the hood, pulling the 4x4 along. No engine!

Edited by Old Crow (see edit history)