Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is normal that a new alpha is already being worked on while the older alpha just came out and still receives updates. Does not prevent long cycles per se.

There is no bubble to burst, I know the team is split working on different features just the same as every studio and for subsequent sequels. Maybe you misread my point as what I was saying is that they've already done a lot of the work, have a good idea regarding the timeframe with the hugely talented team at TFP, and have the confidence to say those features will be in a certain alpha. I'm not trying to tie anything down to a date or alpha, far from it, it'll be ready when it's ready. We appreciate all updates posted here.

Hello guys. I don't know if anyone asked this question, but I want to ask if the developers plan to make merchants mortal? Or is there some kind of mod that allows you to remove invulnerability from them and give them the opportunity to kill. You can of course consider me a psychopath, but I just love killing peaceful NPCs and generally playing the role of a bad guy. Of course, the merchant Rekt annoys me especially! I dream of stuffing him with lead or breaking his head with a bat, but the game does not allow me to do this. Please answer, it is very important for me to know the answer

42 minutes ago, Frank1887 said:

Hello guys. I don't know if anyone asked this question, but I want to ask if the developers plan to make merchants mortal? Or is there some kind of mod that allows you to remove invulnerability from them and give them the opportunity to kill. You can of course consider me a psychopath, but I just love killing peaceful NPCs and generally playing the role of a bad guy. Of course, the merchant Rekt annoys me especially! I dream of stuffing him with lead or breaking his head with a bat, but the game does not allow me to do this. Please answer, it is very important for me to know the answer

All you have to do is remove the trader protect line in the trader XML files.  Should be vulnerable after doing that.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:48 PM, Annihilatorza said:

I think I have found a small bug in the questing system, when doing T1 quests we keep getting (3 player server) getting Joe's USA as a clear location we have done it a total of 5 times now between the 3 of us.

We do get other ones but this one keeps coming up.

Anyone else getting something similar?

Notcie on our server of 3 we can run the risk of all choosing the same quests if not careful, In a future update would love for quests to be removed for all server players if another server player already has that quest choosen.

1 hour ago, AaronG85 said:

Notcie on our server of 3 we can run the risk of all choosing the same quests if not careful, In a future update would love for quests to be removed for all server players if another server player already has that quest choosen.

That would definitely be useful.  It's a pain to check to make sure you're not taking the same quest.

47 minutes ago, fyiiamaheavy said:

a scrap armor should never be better then an iron armor

Oh did they really fix that "overlap" that made higher tier but lower quality stuff worse than the previous tier?

That's great news.

Didn't check the patch notes yet, but right now I am very excited to start a new game!

On 7/20/2023 at 2:04 AM, SMiThaYe said:

Somewhat vague, but I appreciate the progress update. What I gather from that is if those features aren't done, alpha 22 will be delayed til it's polished and those features are already being worked on so confidence is good. Almost a content lock for certain alphas as we slowly approach gold.

For example, if we say we want these 3 features in A22, then yes, we would have to take whatever time is required to complete those 3 features to a releasable quality level. In the past it was dozens of feature changes, each with varied dev times leading to devs with shorter tasks switching to more features, further extending time and making for long releases.

Is it an oversight that, with the changes to cloth, the stack size is still 250?
Now that most things take 5x or 10x as much cloth, it would make sense if it was increased to 1200

Also, bandages still only scrap to 1 cloth, should be 7 (or better yet not scrapable since it'll prevent scrapping FA kits too)

On 7/20/2023 at 7:40 AM, Jost Amman said:

@faatal - Question: would it be difficult or problematic for some reason to add back this?

Reveal hidden contents

What I mean is, being able to see your body.

uploaded image

Problematic. When you turn on the 3rd person body, the camera is inside the head, so you see edges of your face and eyes, which is ugly.

15 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

Would be nice to see this applied to the regular UMA character models. Interesting development so far.

Well those are getting swapped out in what, a22 I think?  Which would make this mod irrelevant I suspect.

4 minutes ago, faatal said:

Maybe. That is way old and I was not even a player of the game back then.

It definitely was before TFP switched to UMA for players.

So, maybe UMA is more difficult on that aspect.

All in all, I can say that switching to UMA was the worst choice that was ever made in this game's development...  :rain: :pout:

6 minutes ago, faatal said:

Maybe. That is way old and I was not even a player of the game back then.

You should give a shot on earliest alphas for the sake of how the game began to be back then. It is a good trip down on the memory lane. 

4 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

IAll in all, I can say that switching to UMA was the worst choice that was ever made in this game's development...  :rain: :pout:

Well, it had its good moments, among the mods of course also, it brought so much. Let`s see what the future will bring. 

*stealing your umbrella*

On 7/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, Riamus said:

All you have to do is remove the trader protect line in the trader XML files.  Should be vulnerable after doing that.

Isn't that easy though. Doing that will break the quests and all you'll get is buried supply quests.

@faatal

Any chance the properties "VehicleReflectedDamage", "VehicleEntityDamage", "VehicleBlockDamage", etc can be hooked up in xml so us modders can easily modify such stats for vehicles?  These don't seem to do anything at the moment and have had other people say they don't do anything..

:)  Thanks

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

Isn't that easy though. Doing that will break the quests and all you'll get is buried supply quests.

Really?  Why would protect affect what quests show up?  That seems like a bad design. ☹️

So after a lot of hours in navesgane some feedback for the alpha 21/Navesgane:

Positive:

- Really nice new decoration possibilites --> makes the base much more lifelike

- Very well designed new buildings and nice old overhauls as well

- The new cosmetic overhauls like cars, loot, pavewalks and so on boosted the immersion of the world by a lot

- The specialization of the traders gives the player more reasons to do quests from different traders in every biome, even tho some are a lot more useful than others

- The trader stage is well balanced

- The new magazines are pretty well balanced mostly even tho grinding some specific ones can be very exhausting

- The loot progress is well balanced

- The infections quests are fun to play and offer a good reward

- Finally we have a normal water, thank you!

- Some nice changes like wireless cabels, less fuel from salvaging cars, robotic turrent ammunition costs lead instead of iron etc. 

Negative:

- Trader locations could be moved towards the middle of the biome, since the green trader is far away from the town for example and often gives quests to the snow biome or burned forest biome as a result. --> Maybe the idea, that a trader only gives you quest in his own biome would fit in navesgane. I couldnt get a quest to the reworked Hospital btw. (possible bug?)

- Level 5/6 missions could provide some more special loot, since they can take a long time to finish compared to level 4 ones and the loot is only slightly better. The packages like the security camera one sound very well, but just contains  basic stuff, that you can buy  at the traders early in the game for cheap. --> Maybe it would be cool to have a unique loot in every tier 5 poi, that you can only get from this specific one. (Similiar to the super corn)

- Way too much vehicle damage for hits. It should be like 1/4 of the current one

- Trader can give the same quest to your and your friend, even when allied and in a party

- Screamers can very annoying, especially in flat high tier buildings like the new prisons. At the end we actually had more zombies coming because of the screamers than we had in the tier 6 mission. --> Maybe screamers could be switched to bigger wandering hordes (with no ferals and greens). That would be more realistic and still challenging 

- Injuries happen way too often - Even with 3-5 points in pain tolerance you still get a ton of injuries when a zombie manages to hit you. This can be very frustrating..

- Still a LOT of cosmetic stuff we see in buildings but cant craft for our own base. We need way more doors and  lights to be craftable for example

- The weather is sometimes too dominant. It rains nearly every 2 days in the green biome including dark clouds etc. 

- The special trader quest is a huge disappointment for everyone not knowing what it is about --> it could be called different or transfered into a real "special" quest, that ends at the next trader. 

I really enjoyed my playthrough now and i hope you guys come up with some good ideas for the next big update :)

Some story and bandits sounds awesome to me, even tho i am still wishing for friendly npcs except for the traders.

Edited by Lostyouthkhat (see edit history)

Good Day TFP's

When are we going to get other issues fix as Missing shape and Color running in the Proper direction.

When Using 2 different Wedge ... Wedge 60 and Wedge Narrow this is What you get when Painting.

Love the game ... But just getting a little tired of trying get make things work. It's Been too Long since we have had any build issues fixed.

Thank You for a Great Game ... The OldGamer 😌

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2023.07.22 - 10.21.20.85.png