Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

38 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

Thanks for that, I always thought the regular and ap junk turret ammo was way too easy to craft for a very reliable ranged weapon the extra layer of materials added to craft should slow it down considerably and won't make it an easy way to earn a good amount of dukes early game.

All in all nice change good to see that finally changed however that lead loot in trash....I dunno I feel like me and many others are just gonna throw it away lol.

True, I guess mining lead to make the ammo when you need it is probably the way to go.  At least with it in loot though, it's just another path, especially if you don't like mining...😅

4 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Not exactly, but we do have some changes coming that will not only try to keep duplicate POI's to a minimum in RWG, but the quest system will track them internally and not offer ones you've already done for that trader. The internal tracking will reset though if you do not quest within 7 game days.
We've also added the Infestation Quest that will add to the mix of quest offerings as well as elevate the experience for POI's you may have already completed previously.

Coming as in in A21 or after?

5 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Would it be possible to add a small "POI already done" marker on quest selection dialog?

At the moment I use my brain notepad for this or scrolling down the quest log for already done POIs.

Condition for already done: Player received at least 1 quest reward from trader for this POI

Thankfully the changes should help with this.  The quest QoL that I really want is a way to track which traders you have completed tier 5 quests for.  If you don't keep track of them manually, you can be left wondering who you still have to finish quests for.  In my current game, I have 4 tier 5 completions (I can search for that much in the quest tab) and I think I know which trader I still have to complete but I'm not positive.  Lower tiers don't really matter since you know that if you're not on tier 5, you still have more to do.  But once you're at tier 5, there isn't any way to know if you've completed tier 5 for the trader unless you were keeping track or unless you go through a bunch of tier 5 quests for that trader to see if you complete it.  By tier 5, I'm taking quests from multiple traders at once and exploring the map rather than completing tier 5 at one trader and then going on to the next and so on.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Want to say first I love this game, and a21 looks to be huuuuuuge and youre hitting all the right spots to improve game with rare exception.

As per a recent post in mod forum I made(i wasnt aware til just now that a21 was so close to release and perhaps stupidly started a new fully modded npc score game), if there is any chance to give option for nighttime stinger music removal, wow, imagine. 

Evidence of others asking for this going back to 2017, many many forum posts about this topic.  

Just wanted to remind you that it is well within your almighty dev 'hundreds of lines of code a day' powers to put this checkmark button into vanilla options and take care of this once and for all, in case for whatever reason this was outside the scope of your current priority set. 

It breaks immersion, it breaks the beauty of your 180degree surround sound footstep generation, it gets survivors killed when they are heedless to the dangers in the near vicinity.  It's, well, in even the most positive light, over-campy even for 7d2d. 

The game is spooky enough without stinger music, believe me/us. 

Thanks again for making a great $20 game that one can play for hundreds of hours and mod to infinity.   I hope you are, somehow, getting rich. 

ps (please also make it easy for master modder khane and score/npc crowd to update their stuff, once youve played game with hirable npcs and harley quin jump scaring you with an m60, there really isnt going back.)

pps enjoy attached women defense perimeter on epic day 89 horde night and behemoth assault.  plus flying mutant zombie glitch bears, that miraculously the game recovered from without becoming unplayable instance, one of many unintended yet wondrous emergent behaviors of this marvelous softwares. 

20230305143346_1.jpg

20230305143211_1.jpg

20230304192410_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, XFinalChanceX said:

why release it on a Monday. Could have done a saturday when almost everyone off from work and school.

You are correct, almost everyone including us are off of work. But seriously, if there is a major bug on release day, I'd rather less people experience it on a Monday, when we are all already at work and the appropriate people can try to fix it before the weekend, when many more people would be effected and annoyed. That is why many big companies make releases or updates during the week.

4 minutes ago, Karamibious said:

Hello, I'm very much looking forward to the release of the A21. You may ask, when will the next discount on the game in Steam be?

That should be the case during the summer sale on Steam. It will start on June 29.

4 hours ago, Eltorro333 said:

Will all the new POIs be on Navezgane? Or will I miss some when I start a new run? So I d rather use the mal Generator.

The majority should be.  However, the Navezgane map has alot of work still needed to be up to par with RWG games tiles and roads.

On the flip side, Perishton did get an update and also has an exclusive mountain tunnel...😎

9 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Is it just me, or did Lathan seem frustrated/fed-up with Des on the stream tonight? Not in his words, but his body language.

That's his way of joking... he actually helped Des a lot, by offering a huge amount of SPs if 100 people joined her channel.

I think that worked very well in the end. 

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

The majority should be.  However, the Navezgane map has alot of work still needed to be up to par with RWG games tiles and roads.

On the flip side, Perishton did get an update and also has an exclusive mountain tunnel...😎

Its amazing anyone including TFP cares about Navezgane anymore with the quality of RWG.   Navezgane seems like wasted effort.   All good though, i still get to play RWG. 

3 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Its amazing anyone including TFP cares about Navezgane anymore with the quality of RWG.   Navezgane seems like wasted effort.   All good though, i still get to play RWG. 

Well, there is value in hand crafted maps.  They can have things like that tunnel that aren't available on RWG.  Still, I get your point too.  I don't play pregen or Navesgane anymore.  I'm not sure I'll even check Navesgane out in A21.  I just prefer random maps.  I'll use RWG initially in A21 but then switch back to Teragon once it gets updated for A21.  It'll probably still work as-is for A21 but I want to see the country tiles that won't be available in Teragon until a newer version.  Once we get a story, I'll probably play once through for that and then again go back to random maps without a story.