Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

4 hours ago, Roland said:

They could cut the zombie bears in half and double the zombie dogs instead. :)

Add bubbling hot, radioactive Lava that chases you down! 

Only way to survive is... Airships!  Now they're really needed!

8 hours ago, Naz said:

Are radiation mechanics still planned for any future alphas? like needing a rad suit to go to the wasteland for example. I think it's been talked about before but i haven't heard anything about it in quite some time, just wondering if its still in the cards.

Probably. Planned are more biome progression type mechanics.

44 minutes ago, faatal said:

You have my attention. I'm curious to see what this means!

5 hours ago, Roland said:

They could cut the zombie bears in half and double the zombie dogs instead. :)

FlusteredBackEagle-max-1mb.gif

2 hours ago, Old Crow said:
3 hours ago, faatal said:

You have my attention. I'm curious to see what this means!

I'm sure it has something to do with weather. The heat in the desert will be more of a threat as well as the cold in snow biome. I would love to see Sandstorm /snowstorm/radiated storm but that sounds like a lot of work, so it will just be a debuff that's a constant threat

32 minutes ago, Diragor said:

I'm sure it has something to do with weather. The heat in the desert will be more of a threat as well as the cold in snow biome. I would love to see Sandstorm /snowstorm/radiated storm but that sounds like a lot of work, so it will just be a debuff that's a constant threat

Welp.. as long as it's not a Darude sandstorm.

5 hours ago, faatal said:

Was it just me or did animal animations get some love? I noticed quite a few in many of the biomes shown in the first dev stream. They seem to turn and move a bit smoother, though the pathing seems a bit broken as always ( 2 blocks wide AI like bears and 2 block long AI like cougars, dogs and wolves is wonky on many situations).

2 hours ago, Diragor said:

But, there is already mist and wind puffs of dust in the game. If the colour was changed into brown/yellow and restricted to desert-biome (like other biome specific weathers), wouldn't that be quite close to a sandstorm? The lack of visibility is always a big threat so doesn't need any debuffs with it.

Not saying it's a priority or easy, but it shouldn't be that hard.

Boys, when I was playing for 7 days to die, I noticed one unpleasant thing, maybe it's a bug that can't be fixed for a long time? When I shoot or hit a zombie in a certain area, it grabs the place I hit. That is, does he feel pain? For example, I shot in the shoulder and the zombie grabbed his shoulder as if feeling pain. Isn't that inherently illogical? Right? The dead, according to the idea, should not react to external stimuli in any way and naturally they do not feel pain. It's also a little unclear to me why they are shaking so constantly? And another question: are there any plans to add zombies with more human faces and without emotional ones, such as Tom Clark, zombie soldier and zombie stripper (party girl), it seems to me that such zombies cause more creeps with poker face than zombies with evil faces. I hope they will answer me. Thanks

14 hours ago, faatal said:

Yes. Wasteland is death. You should only be going there if you are well prepared.

when i get to the stage of lots of resources and bullets, i get a little bored, so i go to the wasteland and build what i think is the most effective base for my current build.

i normally end up retreating with tail between my legs with screamer hordes chasing after me.

an invigorating distraction for sure 

especially on ded is ded, the only true survival mode imho

23 minutes ago, Shein said:

Boys, when I was playing for 7 days to die, I noticed one unpleasant thing, maybe it's a bug that can't be fixed for a long time? When I shoot or hit a zombie in a certain area, it grabs the place I hit. That is, does he feel pain? For example, I shot in the shoulder and the zombie grabbed his shoulder as if feeling pain. Isn't that inherently illogical? Right? The dead, according to the idea, should not react to external stimuli in any way and naturally they do not feel pain. It's also a little unclear to me why they are shaking so constantly? And another question: are there any plans to add zombies with more human faces and without emotional ones, such as Tom Clark, zombie soldier and zombie stripper (party girl), it seems to me that such zombies cause more creeps with poker face than zombies with evil faces. I hope they will answer me. Thanks

the lore behind the zombies is still unclear. are they actually dead?

besides, from the standpoint of game play, if they put their arm where they are hit with the first bullet, does that then absorb the second bullet, making them that little bit harder to kill?

dont be put off by the name 'fun' pimps, they are a devious bunch

32 minutes ago, Shein said:

Boys, when I was playing for 7 days to die, I noticed one unpleasant thing, maybe it's a bug that can't be fixed for a long time? When I shoot or hit a zombie in a certain area, it grabs the place I hit. That is, does he feel pain? For example, I shot in the shoulder and the zombie grabbed his shoulder as if feeling pain. Isn't that inherently illogical? Right? The dead, according to the idea, should not react to external stimuli in any way and naturally they do not feel pain. It's also a little unclear to me why they are shaking so constantly? 

They do that by design. The virus does not generate undead people, they are very much alive and hungry. I was wondering when will people's OCD would trigger up on this ! There are different kinds of zombies in many different games. You are saying that you want a particular type of zombie to be recognized as undead like in a D&D fantasy setting, but the truth is that, while this is still pretty much fantasy, they are not really dead, like with the Resident Evil virus, I am Legend, etc. Devs have stated a few times that they have a basic nervous system and can feel a bit ... in a way (hunger, hear, smell, touch).  It's a game ! Cheers !

22 minutes ago, Blake_ said:
1 hour ago, Shein said:

Boys, when I was playing for 7 days to die, I noticed one unpleasant thing, maybe it's a bug that can't be fixed for a long time? When I shoot or hit a zombie in a certain area, it grabs the place I hit. That is, does he feel pain? For example, I shot in the shoulder and the zombie grabbed his shoulder as if feeling pain. Isn't that inherently illogical? Right? The dead, according to the idea, should not react to external stimuli in any way and naturally they do not feel pain. It's also a little unclear to me why they are shaking so constantly? 

They do that by design. The virus does not generate undead people, they are very much alive and hungry. I was wondering when will people's OCD would trigger up on this ! There are different kinds of zombies in many different games. You are saying that you want a particular type of zombie to be recognized as undead like in a D&D fantasy setting, but the truth is that, while this is still pretty much fantasy, they are not really dead, like with the Resident Evil virus, I am Legend, etc. Devs have stated a few times that they have a basic nervous system and can feel a bit ... in a way (hunger, hear, smell, touch).  It's a game ! Cheers !

Would make sence that they are still kinda alive. Because something that's dead couldn't function.

14 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

It'd be interesting if Feral Sense could be activated based on biome spawn.

Or be configurable with other game events. For instance, I think it would be cool if the amount of Feral Sense scaled with the amount of fog. Combine that with a feature that lets you pick certain zombies to have Feral Sense. Maybe only using 4x4s, Motorcycles, and Mini Bikes attract the attention of Feral Sense. I'm sure there are more interesting variations beyond on/off.

Hi guys, everyone. After watching the fourth stream, the developer started talking about island maps and it turns out in fact where a raft can be useful. And it turns out they can also add river monsters? Because the truth is, if you build a base on the water, walking zombies on the bottom looks pretty funny and funny)) It would be a celebration for me if they added watermark content. But I think it would be even more fun to do it in the form of a DLS as an island map and add to it several unique guns (like a harpoon, for example) and several unique types of armor. It would be cool if a similar DLS would be like fallout 4 far harbor. (if someone played) Also, players will have the opportunity to support the developer and give the project more life. I really hope that the raft will be added. I think it really diversifies the game

1 hour ago, KOLAND said:

Hi guys, everyone. After watching the fourth stream, the developer started talking about island maps and it turns out in fact where a raft can be useful. And it turns out they can also add river monsters? Because the truth is, if you build a base on the water, walking zombies on the bottom looks pretty funny and funny)) It would be a celebration for me if they added watermark content. But I think it would be even more fun to do it in the form of a DLS as an island map and add to it several unique guns (like a harpoon, for example) and several unique types of armor. It would be cool if a similar DLS would be like fallout 4 far harbor. (if someone played) Also, players will have the opportunity to support the developer and give the project more life. I really hope that the raft will be added. I think it really diversifies the game

Hey, KOLAND! Are you a long-lost relative of ROLAND by any chance? :suspicious: :confused2:

Anyway, maybe you forgot, but zombies can swim! :bathbaby: :fear:

16 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

And currently, probably still will after A21 since they don't have to juggle stamina, do so a hell of allot better than the players do.

Nah... we swim so much better in A21. Even if you have to rest a moment you can still keep ahead of them. I was able to build a deep underwater support column up to the surface between surfacing for air and keeping away from zombies swimming around me. We are quite a bit more agile in water in A21.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Nah... we swim so much better in A21. Even if you have to rest a moment you can still keep ahead of them. I was able to build a deep underwater support column up to the surface between surfacing for air and keeping away from zombies swimming around me. We are quite a bit more agile in water in A21.

Are you allowed to say if oxygen still depletes at the same rate while underwater? I have my heart set on a base in the side of a mountain after seeing Noah's compound concept art, but this gives me hope for building a new offshore platform base (like an oil rig).

18 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Are you allowed to say if oxygen still depletes at the same rate while underwater? I have my heart set on a base in the side of a mountain after seeing Noah's compound concept art, but this gives me hope for building a new offshore platform base (like an oil rig).

I don't know. I think iron gut still increases how long you can stay underwater.