Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

2 hours ago, Survager said:

This problem also exists with arrows or crossbow bolts when hitting a block that is immediately destroyed, in which case the arrows continue to hang in the air. Will this be changed in Alpha 21?

No change, but it could probably be fixed by having the projectile continue to raycast after hit and if collider gone, then it falls.

The particle issue is a different system, so fixing one does nothing for the other.

2 hours ago, Survager said:

Once upon a time, someone from the developers said that a vehicle could sometimes receive the same critical damage as a character, only for a vehicle it would be critical damage to the wheels, engine, headlights, and so on.

Critical damage to the wheels should have had a negative impact on the handling of the vehicle, critical damage to the engine at speed, and damage to the headlights would logically turn off the headlights.

Is this mechanic in the plans or was it abandoned?

I've heard it mentioned, but was never seriously planned, so not on my radar.

More vehicle improvements for A21:

Ragdolls from death have a short time they can still collide with vehicles (was boring before as they slid through vehicles).
Improved vehicle hit forces on ragdolls (accurate body hits for more realistic tossing/spinning and those hits are a higher percent of damage, so more blood).
Vehicle hits can cause dismemberment.

4 hours ago, faatal said:

Ragdolls from death have a short time they can still collide with vehicles (was boring before as they slid through vehicles).
Improved vehicle hit forces on ragdolls (accurate body hits for more realistic tossing/spinning and those hits are a higher percent of damage, so more blood).

7 Days to Carmageddon... I'm looking forward to causing Max Damage

4 minutes ago, Laran Mithras said:

5200+ hours in and this brings me to a dead stop. See what I'm seeing?

Hau da hell dey do dat?

Nothing in the creative menu... TFP are holding out on us.

vanilla-poi.png

They have been using blocks from time to time where the object itself was outside the block limits. Try to place frame blocks around the object, maybe you will find a block above or to the left, right or even in front that can't be placed.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

They have been using blocks from time to time where the object itself was outside the block limits. Try to place frame blocks around the object, maybe you will find a block above or to the left, right or even in front that can't be placed.

My guess is those 2 props sit in the corner of their voxel space and were rotated 45 degrees to achieve the arrangement in that screenshot.

16 hours ago, faatal said:

Out of curiosity, any chance of similar effect for sleeping zombies?  If you run over a zombie laying down sleeping, you run right through them.

19 hours ago, faatal said:

Any chance we will be able to shoot while in vehicles or have more than one seated inside a vehicle for A21?

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Any chance we will be able to shoot while in vehicles or have more than one seated inside a vehicle for A21?

No shooting.
The 4x4 has more than one. Driver and passenger and with seat mod, you get 2 more in the back.

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

Out of curiosity, any chance of similar effect for sleeping zombies?  If you run over a zombie laying down sleeping, you run right through them.

No plans for touching that.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

They added vehicle mods in A20. So you can have 2 people on the gas power bikes and 4 people in the 4x4. 

• Expanded Seat allows 1 passenger on Minibike and Motorcycle and 2 extra passengers for 4x4

Well faatal answered as I was typing lol. 

Edited by crazywildfire (see edit history)

@faatal do you know if in game voip got worked on? I wanna say only group voip works (kinda) but if you not in a group it doesn't work. I know MM I think he was the one that replied to me in A20 saying he could see not having voip sooner or later..... I hope that still isn't true for several reasons. Like public servers you don't have a discord to talk to someone in voice and using text chat while fighting isn't ideal lol. Also I know it isn't like for everyone and it is a small portion of players out of all but some like to RP and using discord doesn't work out well trying to role play with several talking as once. Or not wanting someone else to here you about to double cross them and such. And switching in and out of channels is as pain as using text chat while in combat and such. 

It would be nice to have a visual outline of a motion sensor's detection field,

maybe a projected line/circle/whatever it is on the ground, similar to those at buried supply quests.

Or at least please someone explain what "form" is has.

What I can tell is, it is not flat what you see when you are in the camera interface to adjust its orientation,

seems to be some kind of a cone shape (so some part of detection field is cut off/outside the camera view),

or maybe it is even something completely different.

The camera interface view seems to be deceptive and therefore not helpful at all.

You always have to fine tune by adjusting the camera numerous times, which can be tedious.

edit:

to clarify, I don't mean it to be permanently visible of course, but just during camera adjusting.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

On 3/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, Roland said:

Electricity Changes

• Wires only visible when holding wire cutting tool

This question may have been asked before, so sorry for repeating, but:

Will players be able to see other people's wires in multiplayer when they are holding a cutting tool?

On 3/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, Roland said:

Perk Rebalancing

• Sexual T-Rex removed. Stamina improvement now incorporated into the separate perks for each relevant weapon

QUESTION:
To reduce the stamina consumption when using a sledgehammer and an ax / pickaxe, will we have to separately pump the perks Skullcrusher, Bully Pitt and Miner (it's all in the Strength attribute)?

So, in order to reduce the stamina cost for melee weapons in the Strength Attribute, we have to spend twice as many experience points as in other Attributes? )

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

54 minutes ago, Survager said:

QUESTION:
To reduce the stamina consumption when using a sledgehammer and an ax / pickaxe, will we have to separately pump the perks Skullcrusher, Bully Pitt and Miner (it's all in the Strength attribute)?

So, in order to reduce the stamina cost for melee weapons in the Strength Attribute, we have to spend twice as many experience points as in other Attributes? )

You are wrong that Pummel Pete (if you meant that) would do anything for a sledgehammer. It didn't in A20 and won't in A21. It is only for clubs.

With strength you are able to choose between two different melee weapons. Many players only select one, but you also can select both. But then it makes sense to also perk into both.

Use one melee weapon                                       Use two melee weapons

A20:              Sexrex+Pummel or skullcrusher                           Sexrex+Pummel+skullcrusher

A21:                  Pummel or skullcrusher                                            Pummel+skullcrusher

A clear win-win

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)