Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Its more like someone prettier just showed up at the dance.

Wow... We can stop calling me Trolland and start calling YOU Megatrollth... lol

That was almost as mean as creating a fake countdown out of emojis...haha

It was a shamless lie.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Here is a real one:

image.thumb.png.0018dcf813091831ae9ca1946b5da929.png

How do you call someone who catches a ball in baseball? Maybe this word minus "ore" would get us somewhere.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Gronal said:

I thought I was being all quick but I guess I didn't take into account the queue of unapproved posts xD

Danger meter makes a lot of sense for the given images, but what would it mean in game?

Could this be a hint on Radiation Zones? Maybe the "danger meter" references a Geiger Counter 

5 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Since it's so early, you should have posted:

RELEASE THE SQUID! :lol:

Or "Release the guy who then (In due time) releases the Kraken"

5 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

Could this be a hint on Radiation Zones? Maybe the "danger meter" references a Geiger Counter

ooooh I like that idea, it doesn't seem too far a stretch from danger meter to geiger counter.

I hope we get more fresh minds in here though because I now can't unsee dane jar meat err. What if it's not that?

18 minutes ago, Gronal said:

ooooh I like that idea, it doesn't seem too far a stretch from danger meter to geiger counter.

I hope we get more fresh minds in here though because I now can't unsee dane jar meat err. What if it's not that?

Well then we demand that the devs add in a dane jar meat err to alert the player of nearby dogs and/or drinks I guess

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Plus maybe dogs can get thru damaged/open doors?

😨 don't even joke about that, dogs are terrifying as is, if they start coming through doors I may just simply pass away

I'm going with Danger Meter too, it makes sense (Dane / Jar + Meat / Error - "ore" = Meat -Er)

24 minutes ago, Laran Mithras said:

Doo-jar meat-err

Dewjar meter. But that wouldn't be some big hint as we already know there will be a dew collector and it will fill.

So, likely not dewjar meter.

Why not? A display to show how many jars have been accumulated in **all** your dew collectors.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Geiger counter is my guess.

But I suppose it could also be a meter that shows your base's heat level or your game stage.  But exposing those variables as a ui display doesn't seem likely.

Geiger counter is most exciting as it signifies the advent of a new mechanic rather than the radiation zone being a kill screen.

Edited by DanLW
Elaboration (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Morloc said:

Dane Jar = Danger

Meat Err = Meter

Wow if this turns out to be right I really pull my hat Sir! This is some brilliant think-out-of-the-box brain stuff.

edit: it doesn't even have to be true...just that fact to "translate" this somewhat hillbilly slang pronouncing into new words is really a cool idea

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

2 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Wow if this turns out to be right I really pull my hat Sir! This is some brilliant think-out-of-the-box brain stuff.

edit: it doesn't even have to be true...just that fact to "translate" this somewhat hillbilly slang pronouncing into new words is really a cool idea

I'm sure Morloc is pretty smart but if true, the credit has to go to the bat computer. Morloc might get some credit for successfully infiltrating the bat cave but then again it always seemed like everyone was getting into Adam West's bat cave....

So I know it's been asked before, but is there any plan to ever give a normal player the ability to edit block density to be able to smooth terrain around placed blocks like you can in the editor? I was thinking if that isn't planned, and since more block shapes are being added still, maybe we get a set of "terrain trim" blocks that are maybe 2x1 but only actually need a normal 1 block space to place. That way the extra block could overlap with the terrain and work kind of how people use sheets currently, but without taking up that voxel space. Just an idea. :)

17 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Heh. Was in a 30 year marriage where daily I was deciphering hick-speak. Can lead a horticluture but ya can't make em think.

I'd prefer a dane jar meater anyday. ☺️