Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

Wyatt

Probably be a good idea to have Gamida's post, pinned in its own thread, with the link.

Since it is the latest news, concerning the future of console, and where it stands.

Plus it would just be easier to link back to it, if new threads start to pop up. 

Edited by Tin (see edit history)

9 hours ago, ChefVaporeon said:

I wasnt asking when an update would come out, there's a ton of those posts. I was asking if the devs had said anything more recently than 9 months ago or made any relevant blog posts regarding any console specific information. This point you seem to have entirely missed. 

Its funny because I actually found the information I was looking for on Reddit as a response to a meme. According to a user on there the devs confirmed during their last live stream that the game will come to next gen consoles as they finish the PC version. Thats pretty much what I was looking for, hard facts not speculation.

Its possible that rather than being rude and making the community look bad, you could simply say "hey this is what we know and this is what we are pretty sure is going to happen."

That reddit post is slightly misleading in its summary of Richards talk then. In that talk all is still a plan, a "we want", not a hard fact, not at all different to what was said in the official blog post 8 months ago. That nothing is different about their desire to finally go back to console could be interpreted as a good sign though.

Also IMHO there are no unsurmountable difficulties in porting to the new consoles so I don't think it is likely that the plan will change. And since they have payed so much money for the console rights also means there is a big incentive to not let that money go to waste.

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

That reddit post is slightly misleading in its summary of Richards talk then. In that talk all is still a plan, a "we want", not a hard fact, not at all different to what was said in the official blog post 8 months ago. That nothing is different about their desire to finally go back to console could be interpreted as a good sign though.

Also IMHO there are no unsurmountable difficulties in porting to the new consoles so I don't think it is likely that the plan will change. And since they have payed so much money for the console rights also means there is a big incentive to not let that money go to waste.

Thank you for the clarification on that, while its still the same plan that kind of information is still an update. Its good to know that they still have a future planned. Even knowing the info update is that their plans haven't changed it shows that the topic isn't far from their thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cjcebird123 said:

It really needs an update it's several updates behind like their is only one thing I can use as defence and that's spikes that's all I can use and it just sucks appeared to the pc version 

I'll agree with you that the console version needs some long-overdue love, but there are still several solid defensive tactics available to you beyond spikes.

As the console version is still something like Alpha 15, you can still  use all the cheesy tactics from that same version of the PC game...

Zeds couldn't climb over the back of a wooden chair facing outwards, so place 4  rows of wooden chairs in a square or rectangle. In each of the four corners where the rows meet, plant a tree. In that version, zeds couldn't attack trees yet. That makes  an impenetrable enclosure that you can still easily jump over, but leave  zeds frustrated.

Also, an underground hole with a hatch was still fairly safe, as zeds couldn't dig down yet. Safely build the underground bunker of your dreams.

Edited by rev678
corrected minor typos (see edit history)

Maybe put the console section post under review first? Every post needs to be reviewed by a mod to unlock it (especially from new registered users with 0 posts). Then decline those neverending whining posts and just refer them to the link? Obviously a big red banner on top is not enough. Maybe make it half the screen big and force users to open the link, scroll through and confirm at the end before they can even post?

• 3 weeks later...

A long time ago, when the Telltale Games problem occurred, they had said that they already had a new update ready for the consoles. What happened to this one? Couldn't they launch it as a farewell? I know that having no support this update can bring serious problems that can never be solved ... but I think we all agree that the risk is preferable to having a dead game in the console library.

I don't have any inside information, this is just some guessing from someone who knows a lot about programming:

I seem to remember someone (IG?) saying the update was 70% or 80% (or some other number in that range) finished. Now take that percentage with a grain of salt because often the last 20% of the work take 80% of the time in programming (and it is not clear whether that purported percentage was about code or time). So, assuming IronGalaxy was working on the update for a year it could take them another 4 months or another year. A different developer unfamiliar with the code would need to add maybe another 2 months.

Usually most debugging is done last so just dumping this update to users would be not useful at all, likely a lot of systems don't even run and secfault immediately. Also the time for debugging is always underestimated. If IG really did an accurate estimation of the needed time they would be one of a rare breed of game developers.

One of the most critized bugs is the Xbox save bug. I don't think TFP could release an update without fixing that bug. But it is not at all clear if that is even possible without rewriting the file handling subsystem. It isn't even clear if that might need more resources like RAM and because RAM is already scarce would need even more changes and possibly might make it impossible. There is also a rule from MS and Sony that savegames must be (backwards or both ways?) compatible, is it even possible to solve the issue and follow that rule? I don't know, I can only say there is a chance this alone prevents any thought about an update.

Ok, I'm a pessimist. But I'm 99% sure just releasing what is there is impossible. And developing a version that TFP could release without getting flak from all sides and more importantly that would go through the quality check at Microsoft and Sony might take from 4 to 18 months (best to worst)

• 4 weeks later...

ik that the game devs of seven days to die  are not updateing console anymore cause of there own reason and im not asking that they start making updates for console but i hope they can atleast for now make bug fixs for what we currently have on console including duplication glitches i would assume it wouldn't be as hard as making a whole new update with more features although im not  sure but if you guys see this and are looking at these post give some thought on atleast fixing bugs on the current version in till you guys are able to release more content it seems like  reasonable request who agrees here

Hello,

When is the update of alpha 19 coming out to consoles (ps4)

I've been playing this game since it came out and stopped cause no updates were added!

Now I heard this new update is out!

So keep us console players informed if any progress has been made.🤨

Brgds,

Dacosta83

Edited by SylenThunder
posting in all caps is rude (see edit history)

Most likely Never

The current console hardware is not capable of supporting the client past Alpha 16.

Any further details on updates for the console have already been discussed in-depth recently.

You should probably do some looking around and research before you make offensive posts in all caps.

Here are a few examples from the First page of this forum. It's not like you even had to dig to find them.

console updates/bug fixs

Why are TFP still selling 7d2d on consoles?

Loyalty & Respect

console updates rethink - sign petition

Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

If you chose to flip to Page 2 of posts.

The Last Update

A Letter To The Fun Pimps

Update Xbox version please

Could we at least get an update from the devs?

Will there be a console update?

7d2d console idea (fundraising?)

Console Updates?

It's not like any of those topics are really old either. They go back to the first of June.

Is console updated to the point of no fog of war view constantly or is it still there? I quit 7dtd due to the bad move telltale made but wanting to return with my girlfriend and friends. But my main concern is the fog that wont allow you to view for long distances. Also we're looking for the more recent stuff.

On 8/14/2020 at 9:11 PM, ytquietfae said:

Is console updated to the point of no fog of war view constantly or is it still there? I quit 7dtd due to the bad move telltale made but wanting to return with my girlfriend and friends. But my main concern is the fog that wont allow you to view for long distances. Also we're looking for the more recent stuff.

Allow me to reply a little more politely.

If I remember right, you can increase view distance in single player only. Multiplayer has to have the fog for loading purposes or whatever. 

No new content I'm afraid, console is finished for now man. Most likely only hope is next generation. 

• 2 weeks later...

When are the console players getting an update? Yalls game means alot to me, I've been playing since it came out and I still love it to this day but it feels like yall are just abandoning half of your gamer audience, like yall dont care about us....at least give us some news or something...anything...please.

11 minutes ago, MaggieMonster said:

I sure did, did you see the date of that post? I'm guessing you are a PC player. We get it, you got your full game congrats, the rest of us are still in the dark here.

I feel sorry for whoever taught you to read. They must really suck at teaching. Or you just really suck at reading.

Here is a quote from one of those recent topics that you completely failed to notice.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:06 PM, SylenThunder said:

Most likely Never

The current console hardware is not capable of supporting the client past Alpha 16.

Any further details on updates for the console have already been discussed in-depth recently.

You should probably do some looking around and research before you make offensive posts in all caps.

Here are a few examples from the First page of this forum. It's not like you even had to dig to find them.

console updates/bug fixs

Why are TFP still selling 7d2d on consoles?

Loyalty & Respect

console updates rethink - sign petition

Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

If you chose to flip to Page 2 of posts.

The Last Update

A Letter To The Fun Pimps

Update Xbox version please

Could we at least get an update from the devs?

Will there be a console update?

7d2d console idea (fundraising?)

Console Updates?

It's not like any of those topics are really old either. They go back to the first of June.