Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

Wyatt

To get the next update;

1). Buy PC.

2). Buy game... again.

3). Play the most recent Alpha cause this game is far from done on PC.

4). Return back to console version since they screwed it up on PC.

Though seriously, they MAY look into releasing a new version of the game years down the road for next gen, but even then I wouldn't hold your breath on it. After getting burned by Telltale, they may not seek to venture into that realm ever.

I had really hoped they would've collaborated with Iron Galaxy, and maybe they have talked behind closed doors. But for this game on console, it's officially done.

Seriously dude? 
There is a massive red bar at the top of the Console section of the forum, and 2/3'rds of the threads on the first two pages you can look at for an answer before you start a thread.

Please try to think for yourself at least a little bit, and do some research before you ask a question.

It'd be real nice if they could put that somewhere when purchasing the game. It's ridiculous that I had to pay more to get less content. Nowhere does anything mention that the console version is far behind; so I have to do research after seeing an ad for a game now? 

This is the first time I've ever seen a game cost more on console version yet be nowhere near as complete on the PC. I find it disappointing that it was so difficult to even find out why so much was missing. It's not like you can even easily find it from the front page; shame. 

I am streaming 7 Days to Die on TWITCH and i have seen the PC version, and then i start wonder when does these updates on PC get to us gamers on PS4 & XBOX, because a

lot is missing for us on Console.

Also what will happen when the new PS5 & XBOX get released, is there anybody who have any idea about what will happen then.maybe "The Fun Pimps" would like to share their vision and ideas?

A little info, there would be more 7 Days to Die gamers on PS4 if the new updates got to PS4 instead of some skin bundles

Console could not handle the full PC version. It can't even handle it now for a multitude of people.

If you scroll up, you'll notice a big red banner with a link telling you about the future of 7D2D on console. Not to mention a @%$#load of threads that already explain this. On top of that, TFP also made an official statement on it. Console is Done. If, If they decide to port the game again with a new publisher, it will be after PC is finished and it would be on the next Gen obviously. Check back in around 2-3 years from now, or switch to PC.

That "sweet sweet cash" was also spent on obtaining their rights back when Telltale collapsed. 

They know they screwed up with Telltale, but to be fair, the blame isn't entirely on them either. Nobody knew Telltale was going to collapse. And after being burnt in that deal, it isn't surprising that they'd be hesitant to deal with console again. I sure as hell wouldn't if I was them, not with this gen anyway. 

However, I do say they could have spent just some damn effort to fix bugs/glitches so the product that console does have isn't broken. See Xbox and the MD5 issue. As for updates, never going to happen either, and with next Gen consoles about to launch, nobody with any intelligence would invest in a game on a console that's at its end.

Well bigotry aside... I bought this game when it first released on console under the notion it is alpha but it will be getting updates, regular support and they would be finishing the game at some point although it would never be as fully developed as it is on PC, at the very least it should be playable and it's not. Releasing half finished games on Steam and promising to finish it "later" but charging money for it is a huge issue that I'm glad we don't suffer much on console. Only time we see this is when AAA development titles are being sneaky like Anthem where they didn't finish the game but polished to the point that it looks like it's finished. If they release a product under an alpha state then abandon work on it all together then that's liable for refunds. It's an unfinished product and it doesn't work. As far as I can tell there's no possible way avoid the environment reset glitch. Sadly the game is fun and unique so I'd really like to see it finished. And I know they didn't abandon it out of greed, they had a tragic setback with Telltale collapsing but at the end of the day it's another "promise to finish alpha" that people paid money for and it doesn't work, and seems like it won't ever work. People have the right to be upset about that.

But... not be bigots over it like that one dude up there.

3 hours ago, Slevin424 said:

Well bigotry aside... I bought this game when it first released on console under the notion it is alpha but it will be getting updates, regular support and they would be finishing the game at some point although it would never be as fully developed as it is on PC, at the very least it should be playable and it's not. Releasing half finished games on Steam and promising to finish it "later" but charging money for it is a huge issue that I'm glad we don't suffer much on console. Only time we see this is when AAA development titles are being sneaky like Anthem where they didn't finish the game but polished to the point that it looks like it's finished. If they release a product under an alpha state then abandon work on it all together then that's liable for refunds. It's an unfinished product and it doesn't work. As far as I can tell there's no possible way avoid the environment reset glitch. Sadly the game is fun and unique so I'd really like to see it finished. And I know they didn't abandon it out of greed, they had a tragic setback with Telltale collapsing but at the end of the day it's another "promise to finish alpha" that people paid money for and it doesn't work, and seems like it won't ever work. People have the right to be upset about that.

But... not be bigots over it like that one dude up there.

Yes, you have the right to be upset. The question is at whom? My opinion is that everyone has some part of the blame to take.

That includes small blames for TFP and Telltale for making a game that eventually might leave two differently developed versions of the game in the market or would massively prevent the PC version from reaching its full potential. In hindsight this seems obvious but 7 years earlier I probably wouldn't have thought of that. I wouldn't even blame Telltale much for doing this deal as they were on a good way to actually make good on their promise for a patch. Note it was Telltale that promised the patch, not TFP.

We could blame Telltales managers for mismanaging their company into the ground, but the market for games is so random that in hindsight every failed company looks like idiots. Make the test, look at any failed games company and you usually can see mistakes of misjudging their market or development costs that should not have happened (with our knowledge of what really happened).

So, who is left to blame? Buy a vacuum cleaner today and a week later that company could have filed bankrupty and you would not even get replacement parts a month later and the guarantee time you were promised is gone. The cleaner company surely didn't want to fold, so blaming them for going under is like blaming them for having bad luck or having better competitors destroying their market share.

You could also blame TFP for buying the licence back but not upholding the promise made by Telltale. But they didn't buy Telltale with their connections and their deal with IG (I assume that was terminated shortly after bancrupty by IG because they did not get money anymore). They just bought back the licence and rights to the game. Continuing would have needed a costly restart of everything, with a high chance that they can't even find a publisher who would touch that potato that offers practically no revenue.

36 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Yes, you have the right to be upset. The question is at whom? My opinion is that everyone has some part of the blame to take.

Yeah there's definitely some blame to go around, it mostly is due to bad situations so it's not the worst crime ever. But I do feel like Telltale mishandled marketing. 7days has "eyes bigger than your stomach" written all over it and even just the idea of in depth console ports with support/updates is where they probably bit off more than they could chew. Like... we want to make a game that has realistic survival aspects, inventory management, food/drinks management, crafting, terrain manipulation/mining like Minecraft, post apocalyptic zombie horror, a horde mode built in, day night cycles, dynamic weather conditions that effect the player but with realistic graphics... ect. ect. ect. All done in Unity no less by a relatively small company AND on multiple platforms? That's just nuts.

I love the ambition and the creativity this game has. I was really rooting for it. But selling a broken game on console with no promises to fix it is really irking me. If this is the state of the console version they should probably take it off the market given how bad this glitch is and for everyone who bought it on release they're just taking the loss... I forgot how much I paid for it but I just looked at the store and it's $30 which of course isn't going to warn people the game is broken with a lack of support going on.

• 1 month later...

I know TFP recently bought back the dev rights to console. 

Will any updates be coming to console so we can play as close to pc as possible? 

Or will I need to just switch! I'm an aspiring content Creator and I want to give my viewers the full effect. Currently playing on ps4 

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by ProphetDTV
Mis spelling (see edit history)

"Recently" is not the right word here as it was more than a year ago now (if I'm not totally mistaken). If you haven't already, read the blog post that is linked above in bright red. The situation is still exactly the same: Their plan is to finish the PC version and THEN make plans for console. 

In your case it means you would need to switch unless you want to wait another 2-3 years.

8 hours ago, ProphetDTV said:

Ok thank you. Sorry if I missed an informational section about this. I am new to this forum and haven't done much searching around. 

I appreciate it. 

It's a big red banner straight across the top of every page in the Console section of the forum.  :frusty:

What Sylen is saying is that if you click on the red banner that has the link titled: "For information on future updates and releases for the console version of the game, please read the Blog post" you will be taken to the last posted press release by The Fun Pimps themselves which should give you the official word that Meganoth paraphrased for you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

There is this big red bar at the top of every page. I suggest you read it.

It would also be helpful if you actually looked at existing posts too, because there are literally like two or three pages worth of posts in this very section discussing just that already. Mostly because people can't be bothered to read.

7 hours ago, HiroStoneIchor said:

Oh read it but its one thing to have an update that's years old and a current update in today's time. Not to mention there are no posts with the exact same ideal unless they've been lost in time.

That we still link to this blog post should be a hint. There is no news. Why should there be when the blog says that they will wait for the PC version to release before taking the next steps?

PS: Naturally not the exact same question but most of what you asked was answered in previous threads:

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

In the fun pimps website they say "TFP are a small dedicated group of highly experienced Game and Software developers with a passion to make games that both our team and gamers really want to play. Our goal is to create a lasting gaming experience you can’t get anywhere else. It’s more than a game it’s a labor of love!" But i'd like to know how can a group be so dedicated they haven't updated their game on console in over 3 years. I am not here to complain I am simply here writing a review because it really is sad seeing a game with so much potential be only updated for PC users. I noticed many things on PC that need to be added to the console version for instance lock picks. They say their goal is a lasting game experience but the only experience I get from this game is sitting in the same spot for minutes at a time trying to break a safe open, the experience that I receive from breaking open a wall safe for 3 minutes to open it and get a grand total of 20 paper is not fun. Although paper has little to no use take the gun safe as another example on console horrors as it has the same health as a wall safe but has less value because you get the same weapon parts over and over at less durability. #BoredofTheFunPimps #Updateyourgame #UndedicatedInexperiencedDevelepors

2 hours ago, Justin3ks said:

TFP are a small dedicated group of highly experienced Game and Software developers with a passion to make games that both our team and gamers really want to play. Our goal is to create a lasting gaming experience you can’t get anywhere else. It’s more than a game it’s a labor of love!" But i'd like to know how can a group be so dedicated they haven't updated their game on console in over 3 years.

The website said that same thing for years before the console version was a twinkle in the eye of Telltale games. The Fun Pimps are dedicated group of highly experienced game and software developers for the PC. The console's development was outsourced on the publication side to Telltale and the coding side to Iron Galaxy. Throughout the console porting process The Fun Pimps continued to develop the PC version--only consulting and providing resources to Telltale and Iron Galaxy as was required. Even now, the Fun Pimps continue to labor from love within the sphere of their experience and knowledge which is the PC platform. You'll also notice that the statement uses the plural form of game even though TFP only has a single game as of now. A mission statement like the one you quoted doesn't always reflect the here and now but is an ideal the company strives for. Even with their future games, the platform on which they will strive for excellence is PC.

2 hours ago, Justin3ks said:

I noticed many things on PC that need to be added to the console version for instance lock picks. They say their goal is a lasting game experience but the only experience I get from this game is sitting in the same spot for minutes at a time trying to break a safe open, the experience that I receive from breaking open a wall safe for 3 minutes to open it and get a grand total of 20 paper is not fun. Although paper has little to no use take the gun safe as another example on console horrors as it has the same health as a wall safe but has less value because you get the same weapon parts over and over at less durability. #BoredofTheFunPimps #Updateyourgame #UndedicatedInexperiencedDevelepors

The console version is complete and finished and is what it is. Your mileage with the console version may vary from someone else's but there are those who have had years of fun with that version. As for spending ungodly amounts of time opening a container only to get garbage-- well....perhaps the console and pc version do have something in common... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

505 games is already known as a good company as they ported terraria and many other games so they could most likely port 7 days to die for them the only problem would be the cost and if they would do it or not. Which could be a big problem but I think 505 games would do it if they believe it's worth the time and effort they would put in it.

Edited by GodOfTheFireland (see edit history)

Personally they will most likely go with Iron Galaxy again, since IG is already familiar with the code.

As you stated, the big issue is cost. There is also the fact that TFP is not a console publisher, and they would need to find one. Then there's the lawyers, and more money, ect. ect. ect.

And as stated already in the big red banner most of you don't bother to read, If anything happens, it won't be until after the PC game is finished.