Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

Wyatt

On 8/21/2021 at 2:21 PM, Roland said:

"So even if 7 Days to Day console was completely up to date today with all planned updates it would still be different than the PC version."

*vastly. I couldn't imagine trying to keep current version to par with the ps4. that thing was outdated when it was released 7 years ago. People forget the ps4 is the equivalent to a decent 10 year old gaming system with a weak cpu. 

edited because I didn't know how to do replies right

Edited by skippy0330 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NickCallibre said:

There was one update for a long time, bug fixes. And that's the end. Basically, the update takes place on the pc versions. The console is not updated for 3-4 years.

Yes, absolutely correct. An important information in this case is that we are talking about two products with different histories here:

The console version was made by Telltale (which licenced the rights from TFP), after Telltale went bankrupt that version was basically dead in the water. 

The PC version on the other hand had continuous development and updates because it is made by TFP who did not go bankrupt.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Yes, absolutely correct. An important information in this case is that we are talking about two products with different histories here:

The console version was made by Telltale (which licenced the rights from TFP), after Telltale went bankrupt that version was basically dead in the water. 

The PC version on the other hand had continuous development and updates because it is made by TFP who did not go bankrupt.

Therefore, I say, the game for the console versions is dead. If you play it on a PC. Delete the game from the console.

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, NickCallibre said:

Therefore, I say, the game for the console versions is dead. If you play it on a PC. Delete the game from the console.

Thank you. 

Who are you talking to exactly? Do you request all console players to delete their 7D2D game on their console? Why should they do that?

Or do you request TFP to delete 7D2D from the consoles of console players? Even if they could, that would be malicious damage to players property

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

10 hours ago, meganoth said:

Who are you talking to exactly? Do you request all console players to delete their 7D2D game on their console? Why should they do that?

Or do you request TFP to delete 7D2D from the consoles of console players? Even if they could, that would be malicious damage to players property

I am myself. Sorry.
I will not forgive the deletion of the game. So far, a game for consoles, a dead game. Although there is a random map. And I saw an interesting building, a ski park. as an example.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

I just played a bit of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus last week after not playing for years. It was quite fun. Glad nobody deleted it just because it is the same exact game it was all those years ago.

interesting game?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Warpspawn said:

i still have this on xbox1. but i don't care about updates, i would just like to play the game i paid for without the game breaking bugs. 

i own it on pc as well so not that bothered, but it would be nice to have it fixed for the consoles

It's not fixed even on pc, and you want it fixed on consoles? lol

4 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

It's not fixed even on pc, and you want it fixed on consoles? lol

I'm sorry but on pc, i have not had days of building erased, or half a base disappear taking all storage, work benches, forges, farms and chem station with it   because the chunk reset itself, if it has happened on the pc, l bet it was patched pretty quickly.

On console this still is a when not an if problem, the work around helps a lot but did not fix it. and after grinding your butt off for 7 days in game, it's a little soul destroying to see the screen go blank, the game freeze and everything vanish, the Tell Tale rep kept claiming they were "consulting with the fun pimps on it", that they were working on a patch (bs),  after 7 bases i gave up and moved to pc

29 minutes ago, Warpspawn said:

I'm sorry but on pc, i have not had days of building erased, or half a base disappear taking all storage, work benches, forges, farms and chem station with it   because the chunk reset itself, if it has happened on the pc, l bet it was patched pretty quickly.

On console this still is a when not an if problem, the work around helps a lot but did not fix it. and after grinding your butt off for 7 days in game, it's a little soul destroying to see the screen go blank, the game freeze and everything vanish, the Tell Tale rep kept claiming they were "consulting with the fun pimps on it", that they were working on a patch (bs),  after 7 bases i gave up and moved to pc

Pc version has its own problems, including those related to chunks. Sorry, but Tell Tale is gone, and so is your chance of getting the current console version fixed. Your best bet is to wait for TFP to finish the game on PC, because that's when the consoles could realistically get a second chance, if TFP can establish another contract with a stable company which could bring the game to consoles again.

The worst part is there is 3 names on the console game, Tell Tale Games the publisher (deceased). Fun Pimps and Iron Galaxy as game developers.

The game is still on sale in the Microsoft Store, and only two names appear on it.

This topic will rear it's head again and again as new players buy the broken version of the game and look for someone to blame.

maybe they should do a no mans sky, pull it, fix it, then rerelease it

• 4 weeks later...

So my fellow console players, I’ve been thinking. We all should know the situation on why we don’t have an update by now. My question to you is, if The Fun Pimps where to do a fundraiser to help with the costs of paying for a new console port, update tests, etc, would you be willing to help. With the 10,000+ players who still play 7 Days even without an update, I’m sure we wouldn’t mind helping them lunch this so we can indulge in all the new things they have on PC. Otherwise we’d all have to deal with the minimum or pay a lot of money to build a PC and switch over (Which I for one don’t want to do). So what are your thoughts? Would you guys/gals be willing to donate to help?

Edited by Jessie524 (see edit history)

• Jessie524 changed the title to Thoughts on assisting The Fun Pimps to help bring an Update to Console.

I was just talking with a co-op friend about this a few days ago! I think I originally paid $12 for it in the PS store years ago and I would be 200% willing to pay $60 for the updated version as though it were a new game. I've already paid for it on Steam to try it out on my laptop, which plays it, but not quite well enough to enjoy it.

I'd gladly pay more for a game that is easily in my top 3!!!

I spoke to Mr. Roland about it and he cleared it up for me a bit. So at this point there just waiting on the PC version to be completed and we should see a console version shortly after. May end up being a newer version to where we have to pay for it but I will GLADY do that! I agree this game is definitely in my top 3!

There's going to be a new console version coming at some point, most likely after the PC version goes Gold. All we can do is be patient, it may not happen when we want it to but being patient is key. The devs are probably under enough stress as it is trying to get the game to Gold status. All I know, the wait is going to be well worth it once the full released version gets ported over.

There's a big red box at the top with white letters talking about the console version. Hope this helps to answer your question? Also, there will be no more updates for the current version on last gen consoles. TFP are looking to bring the game back to console again, but it probably won't be until sometime after the PC version has gone Gold.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, meganoth said:

Update no. There will be a new console game ported from the finished PC version by a new publisher, but that is still far in the future.

Read the message linked to by the uppermost read banner.

Far in the future? If you had to guess, how far are we talking, more than 2-3 years?

6 hours ago, II Blittz II said:

Far in the future? If you had to guess, how far are we talking, more than 2-3 years?

Lets calculate the most optimistic scenario: On PC we have at least one year for A21 and A22 which will introduce bandits. Lets assume that the story is added in parallel, then they actually might be feature-complete after that.

Then they surely need about another half year for final polishing.  A publishing partner for console could possibly start working in beta, but needs at least a year for porting and publishing. So that means 2 years when the sun shines. Realistically TFP won't be finished in just a year and porting (especially if they really want to try to target the older consoles which I consider madness dreamed up by over-optimistic managers) will have its problems too. So adding a year might get you a realistic estimation, making it 3 years total. And then you could add even more for a pessimistic estimate.

Disclaimer: I do not have any inside information, this is just guesswork

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)