Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

Wyatt

4 hours ago, orgthatguy619 said:

But still there had nothing been confirmed so my saying goes with all evidence proves I'm right thank I take the winning bow 

If you are complaining there is no new information right now, you are correct. Though nobody promised there would be new information out now.

• 3 weeks later...

Console players took it up the rear. TFP should have known what they were getting into before even giving their publisher rights away and known where Telltale was headed. We saw Telltale's fall coming long before TFP even got involved with them. Just straight up bad business decisions on their part which set this game back further. Also, they got their money and are still getting peoples' money on an old version of the game and they're OK with that. Just take note for future. Don't buy any product from these guys ever again until it's actually finished because they take way too darn long to accomplish anything substantial or even finish a game in a reasonable time. It's been an entire decade. They're still getting their money too for a job that's not done and will not be done for years to come. Console players really did get shafted hard and are still getting shafted.

They haven't forgotten about console players. They're still cashing in on them with a dated version of the game. Trust me, they haven't forgotten. They're quite happy to keep selling a dated version of the game. 

Edited by Borg (see edit history)

Well I agree with you many levels but what I ment they forgotten about us is that we are almost in March which has been a year since this team been working on it and we haven't even gotten a release year or anything unlike pc so it's been almost 4 months since they talked about console is what I'm getting at they need to give us an update but will they the answer is very simple and easy and that is no because they have no interest in doing anything but if it's pc they already gave a 2023 release year but nothing for console is why I said that they forgotten about us

TFP hires new employees to work on optimizing the game to run on both the PC and console

TFP is making changes to the game to run on 16 bits compared to 32 bits which not only improves performance on the PC, but is required for the console

TFP states that a console version will come out definitely after PC goes gold, intermittently if Sony / Microsoft / Publisher allows it

TFP is working with a publisher for 7D2D to be released on the next Gen consoles

The Console publisher would be the one that announces a release date for the console game, as they would be the ones setting the timeline for release of the final game.

Yep, it all checks out.  TFP has no interest in doing a console game based on the current 7D2D iteration since TFP has not released any new information in the past 4 months.

If you see a new version of 7D2D for the console, it is probably a trap.  Don't buy it.

/s

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, Borg said:

We saw Telltale's fall coming long before TFP even got involved with them.

This is just patently untrue. Nobody in the industry saw it coming ahead of time. Everyone who was in business partnerships with them were caught completely by surprise. Iron Galaxy was well into a new update for the console version of 7 Days to Die for which they never got paid and unfortunately never finished. If THEY didn't see the fall coming ahead of doing a bunch of unpaid work I really doubt you did.

Sure, it's easy NOW to look back and analyze the situation and use hindsight but that doesn't really impress anybody since anyone can do that kind of analysis. People who run successful businesses and form partnerships do so by looking at reputations and Telltale had an excellent reputation and track record. Its Minecraft Story games were hugely popular, its Walking Dead line of games were extremely popular, its Worms series did very well, as well as numerous other titles.

They failed because most of their games involved expensive licensed assets and they mismanaged their profits vs the costs for those licenses. But their inflow and outflow of cash was a secret and nobody outside of their inner circle knew that they were spending more than they were making.

Telltale has since been acquired by another company and is going to be releasing another of their story adventures based in the Expanse universe-- another licensed IP they are using. Let's hope the new management can keep a better handle on their profits and costs.

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

Sure, it's easy NOW to look back and analyze the situation and use hindsight but that doesn't really impress anybody since anyone can do that kind of analysis. People who run successful businesses and form partnerships do so by looking at reputations and Telltale had an excellent reputation and track record. Its Minecraft Story games were hugely popular, its Walking Dead line of games were extremely popular, its Worms series did very well, as well as numerous other titles.

It's amazing how many experts are out there, but they only show up after the fact  😉

TFP definitely haven't forgotten about console players trust me, in fact, they have been completely honest and transparent with us for a few years now. With that being said, I'm a console player myself and I couldn't be any more excited knowing there's a new console port of 7 Days To Die on the horizon. I'm not sure if you ever heard of the YouTuber named Guns, Nerds, and Steel but, he did an interview with TFP a few months ago and they discussed a lot about what's going on with console and where they're currently at. Also, keep in mind that the interview was done like 4-5 months ago so, they've probably made a lot more progress now then where they were at during the time of the recording. When you have some spare time, I highly recommend checking out the video I posted below, I even added timestamps for you and anyone else who's interested.

From 6:43 to 9:46 in the video you can learn what's going on about the new console version from TFP themselves.

On 3/22/2023 at 6:49 AM, II Blittz II said:

TFP definitely haven't forgotten about console players trust me, in fact, they have been completely honest and transparent with us for a few years now. With that being said, I'm a console player myself and I couldn't be any more excited knowing there's a new console port of 7 Days To Die on the horizon. I'm not sure if you ever heard of the YouTuber named Guns, Nerds, and Steel but, he did an interview with TFP a few months ago and they discussed a lot about what's going on with console and where they're currently at. Also, keep in mind that the interview was done like 4-5 months ago so, they've probably made a lot more progress now then where they were at during the time of the recording. When you have some spare time, I highly recommend checking out the video I posted below, I even added timestamps for you and anyone else who's interested.

From 6:43 to 9:46 in the video you can learn what's going on about the new console version from TFP themselves.

But yet don't give a release date just keeps telling us to stay tuned what are we waiting for the next episode of lies from the fun pimps stay tuned so we can never tell you when the console update but it does sugar coat big pile of crap by saying we are aiming this year stay tuned 

3 hours ago, orgthatguy619 said:

But yet don't give a release date just keeps telling us to stay tuned what are we waiting for the next episode of lies from the fun pimps stay tuned so we can never tell you when the console update but it does sugar coat big pile of crap by saying we are aiming this year stay tuned 

There isn't even a release date for Alpha 21 which is expected this year. How do you expect to get a release date for a product that won't be viable for another 2-3 years?

I mean seriously, Reality much?

9 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

There isn't even a release date for Alpha 21 which is expected this year. How do you expect to get a release date for a product that won't be viable for another 2-3 years?

I mean seriously, Reality much?

Lmao reality you thought of what you wrote how cute they said there targeting this year so obviously your not up to date on the news  🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, orgthatguy619 said:

Lmao reality you thought of what you wrote how cute they said there targeting this year so obviously your not up to date on the news  🤣🤣🤣

Which will almost surely mean that it won't be this year IMHO. That is why they don't promise specific dates. They know they can't keep them if they give quality a higher priority than timeliness.

6 hours ago, orgthatguy619 said:

It doesn't matter what TFP say as they are not the ones that set the schedule for releasing a new port of 7D2D.  There are several entities involved:  Microsoft and Sony allowing the game to be released prior to completion, and the console game producer that purchases the rights to port and release the game to consoles.  Rick and Joel can say all they want on when they hope to release the console version of the game, but it is ultimately the game producer that sets the release schedule, not TFP.

55 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

It doesn't matter what TFP say as they are not the ones that set the schedule for releasing a new port of 7D2D.  There are several entities involved:  Microsoft and Sony allowing the game to be released prior to completion, and the console game producer that purchases the rights to port and release the game to consoles.  Rick and Joel can say all they want on when they hope to release the console version of the game, but it is ultimately the game producer that sets the release schedule, not TFP.

We don't know the contents of their contract with the producer.

TFP is in a different position now than it was with Telltale. With Telltale they were the small developer with not much experience who got an offer from a big publisher. Now they are the established developer and they were the active part in looking for a publisher and finding one whose name I didn't recognize.

And they had a bad experience with what happens when you leave the control to someone else. I am pretty sure the new contract is different in a lot of aspects.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Yeah I know but I called Microsoft and Sony and all they said is they have to call and ask 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 1 month later...