Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

Wyatt

If I own a patent to something I design, I can produce a product based off of my design and sell the rights to Company A who can now take my design and produce their own product based off of my work.  Company A goes bankrupt; and I go to court to get the rights to my patent back (in the process, spending my money to purchase it back since it is considered an asset and the court will want value for it to give to Company A's debtors).  Now I have the rights back to my patent and free to license it to another company.

However, I am not required to produce anything (or even support anything) that was made by Company A.  Any products, support, or warranties that was done between Company A and the consumer are only the responsibility of Company A.  Since I did not have any responsibility of producing or supporting the product made by Company A while they were solvent, I do not take over the responsibility of their work should they go bankrupt just because I purchased my intellectual property back.

In this case, TTG purchase the publisher rights to take TFP PC game and port it to the consoles.  They (TTG) contracted Iron Galaxy to do the work.  TTG was the only company required at this point to support and update the game as necessary.  TFP did not support the console game as they are not a console game developer.  Through the licensing agreement with TFP, TTG could take future updates made by TFP to the PC version and contract Iron Galaxy to update the console version.  TFP bought back the rights to their intellectual property through bankruptcy court so that they are the only entity that has the current and future rights to the 7D2D property; but that did not transfer any responsibilities that TTG had to TFP.

While I did not go to business school like you did, I did become an engineer, a profession where intellectual property is a huge part of what we do.  From my education and training with the various companies I have worked for, I have learned how to obtain these rights, when these rights are actually owned by the company and when I own them, what I (and companies that own rights I developed for them) can do with these rights, and what responsibilities I have with these rights.  Throw in an understanding of Bankruptcy law and how that affects intellectual property / license agreements; and I have a deep understanding of everything TFP had to do behind the scenes when TTG went bankrupt just to get their intellectual rights back.

But believe whatever you want to believe, since you went to a business school and started a business.  Me, I am just someone out there on the net, a person that has been an engineer for the past 20+ years working for companies that develop and patent new properties, currently working for a company that obtains over 1k new patents a year.  😁

Hey TFP you said nearly a year ago once you went gold in sales you'd look at attempting to fix console versions, as I can tell you went Platinum yet we're still waiting...? I mean at this point I just want a refund for Xbox and PS4 versions cos over a dozen times now my game has been corrupted now and I'm sick of it

Also there won't be a fix to the existing console versions. Those are finished products of a company that no longer exists.

How many hours have you played the game? If less than a few hours, just ask the store to take it back just like you would do with anything else you bought.

That wasn't made clear in any posts and nowhere online have I found a reference to "going gold" meaning anything other than sales and as for hours, 100s, per corrupt game, will a fully working version of 7 days ever come to Xbox One or PS4? Cos PS5 and Xbox Series are not worth their sale price just for a brand 🤣🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, BigWolfGaming said:

That wasn't made clear in any posts and nowhere online have I found a reference to "going gold" meaning anything other than sales and as for hours, 100s, per corrupt game, will a fully working version of 7 days ever come to Xbox One or PS4? Cos PS5 and Xbox Series are not worth their sale price just for a brand 🤣🤣🤣

On a google search for "going gold" the first 6 links talk about game going gold meaning finishing, the 7th link is about a movie of that name and finally the 8th link talks about music and your interpretation. So I respectfully but very much doubt you really did a search 😁

Just convince Microsoft that you played a broken game for 100s of hours and you surely will get back your money.

What happens in say 1-3 years when 7D2D is released on PC is up to the publisher who takes up the task to port the then finished PC game to console. It will be fully his decision for what console platforms he will make a port. The chance that that unknown publisher will then port to an old console generation is just not very high.

is there ever going to be an update for colsole..im a fan of the game and play frequently on console and just want a better experience in the game..i know many other gamers who love console but are disappointed because the game lacks in what pc has..it would benefit you guys greatly if you made the decision to further update 7days to die on console

In fairness as I've only ever heard of "going gold" in the sales sense I did specify sales in my search 😅😅😅 but I do like to learn new things so thank you for letting me know this new meaning for the term, also I have a minor case of A.D.D. so I rarely look past the first page which likely doesn't help my case but hey ho lol.

As for Microsoft they've been about as helpful a chocolate fireguard there 😂 same with Sony so I doubt I'll see the money again but eh shizzle happens.

I am working on building a PC that can handle things like 7D2D and I do look forward to enjoying the PC version, honestly a Walking Dead Minecraft with decent graphics is one of my dream games so I'm happy knowing the PC version works properly at least.

Also apologies if I made it sound otherwise but I do not hold TFP responsible for the console version and it's shortcomings, I understand Telltale screwed everyone over there, however what with them being a non entity now, I had to ask someone what was going on with the console version if only to make my mum happy (her last corrupt game literally deleted her whole house after the game crashing 🤣🤣🤣)

So thank you for giving me a heads up and explaining what I'd misunderstood in the post from last year, also it's nice to see a company respond as quickly as you have to all of these, the last game I had questions like this about I waited 2 years for a response on forums before the game and site closed down (it was an old PC MMO called Grand Chase) so I do appreciate the Flash responses, hope you all have a great day/night depending where in the world you're at!

11 hours ago, Darklink860 said:

is there ever going to be an update for colsole..im a fan of the game and play frequently on console and just want a better experience in the game..i know many other gamers who love console but are disappointed because the game lacks in what pc has..it would benefit you guys greatly if you made the decision to further update 7days to die on console

Klick the link in the big red banner above. You will find a blog post that will answer your questions (and yes, this blog post is still as relevant as when it was posted)

• 2 weeks later...

I see some video with people say it will have an update soon for the console. This is right or not? I love this game but an update will be perfect. What they really need for an new update in this game? I understand they dont know how tho work with console can they find a partner to work with them for the console release? Well if someone have official link for me to understand what going on it will be appreciate!

Thanks

Everything I have heard about this indicates it is a lie. Go to the large red banner at the top of this page for official news about updates. The  date on the page is a little old but the information is still correct.

Also: have seen several things posted here and other forums of a picture of a “re-released” game for the console on sale. This is a lie/scam to get people to buy an old version of the game, or just to spread lies.

everything I have read indicates the new console version will only come out once the game goes “gold”, and not before. The game is not “gold” today, and there have been no news from the developers when it will be “gold”.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

Can a pimp confirm that:

1 - there will be a re-release of the console coming imminently

2 - that re-purchasing the game will be required to receive forthcoming updates?

I was just watching a YT on it (I won't link it just in case it's false information) and that was the implication...

Thanks!

This has been discussed already.  What people are talking about (in regards to the console) is a re-release of TellTale Game's version that they released back in 2016.  Several moderators in a few threads (Roland, Meganoth, and Laz Man) all confirmed that TFP are not releasing any updates to the console version this month or have plans on doing so at this time.

In a previous developer stream, they mentioned that they have started working with Unity on a console version but everything is right now just behind the scenes, looking at where they are and what they need to do.  They haven't even released a publisher that they are going to work with in regards to the console version.  The plan so far is that a console version would not come until after PC goes Gold, and it hasn't been communicated yet if that will require a brand new game or if they are able to update the existing 2016 game.

If they were planning on releasing a console version this month or this year, I think they would have been communicating it out to everyone, not having people go to 3rd party websites / stores in Europe about the release.  I checked TFP Official Twitter and not a single announcement about console updates being released this month.  So either there isn't one, or they are lousy about marketing their own game (and obviously I believe the former).

Also, I noticed this today on one of the sites promising a 8/20 re-release

Please note : Preowned versions may not include additional content.

14 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

2 - that re-purchasing the game will be required to receive forthcoming updates?

Did a YT actually imply that you had to buy the game again just to receive upcoming updates?  If so, that is the silliest thing I have ever heard.

If TFP were updating TTG version, then you wouldn't be required to purchase the game to get updates for it.  They would roll out for the game you already have.  What they may be confused about is that since the PC version is so far advanced compared to the final version the TTG updated to, Microsoft and Sony rules might not allow them to bring it up to the same as the PC version.  There also may be hardware limitations that would prevent the older console generations from being able to play the latest version.

Best piece of advice - If the Pimps have not broadcasted this information through their official channels, ignore it.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

In a previous developer stream, they mentioned that they have started working with Unity on a console version

I will clarify this part by saying that TFP had a consult with Unity early on in A20 development and went over several things with them including some things having to do with making the game more port friendly, But to say that TFP is working with Unity devs on an ongoing or regular basis and starting the conversion to console is a gross exaggeration that some influencers are using to build excitement.

When the time comes to create the console version TFP will completely turn over development of that port to another studio and give support as they did with Iron Galaxy the first time. The things they wanted to know from Unity was the best ways to use Unity in developing the PC version so that it would be more friendly for porting later.

I really don't understand how people watched my 4 minute video about a bogus posting from GAME in the UK and construed it as - the games being updated, I clearly stated in the video that GAME is presenting it as so, but its most likely not the case.... 

4 minute.. video.. people really need to pay attention.

(edit) There are a few other videos I guess about it as well, it may have not been coming from mine. 

Edited by skippy0330 (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, skippy0330 said:

I really don't understand how people watched my 4 minute video about a bogus posting from GAME in the UK and construed it as - the games being updated, I clearly stated in the video that GAME is presenting it as so, but its most likely not the case.... 

(edit) There are a few other videos I guess about it as well, it may have not been coming from mine. 

In another thread, your video was linked; but after watching it, you clearly were skeptical of it being updated.  There were so many clues out there that this was not an update (one site mentioned pre-owned copies, the artwork being the original game, publisher listed as TTG, zero announcements from TFP at all), but people want to believe what they want to believe so facts that don't align with it are either warped to fit or ignored.

2 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

In another thread, your video was linked; but after watching it, you clearly were skeptical of it being updated.  There were so many clues out there that this was not an update (one site mentioned pre-owned copies, the artwork being the original game, publisher listed as TTG, zero announcements from TFP at all), but people want to believe what they want to believe so facts that don't align with it are either warped to fit or ignored.

Just wanted to clear the air that it wasn't me spreading a rumor, it was people hearing what they wanted to. 
just doing my job and reporting things I see.   the whole title "do they know something we don't know?!" is actually a joke... lol.

11 hours ago, skippy0330 said:

Even if they pay attention, they only hear what they want to hear.

11 hours ago, skippy0330 said:

Just wanted to clear the air that it wasn't me spreading a rumor, it was people hearing what they wanted to. 
just doing my job and reporting things I see.   the whole title "do they know something we don't know?!" is actually a joke... lol.

2 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Yeh, it def wasn't one of your vids that I saw (and still refuse to link especially since it's bogus).

The one I saw which was pretty egregious in speculative hype did have a k in their name but it wasn't you skippy. Rhymes with...Frakken tho....

UPDATE: Rick answered this issue on Twitter the other day. He said that TFP formed a partnership with a distribution company that prints and ships physical copies of games. This was a preliminary step towards the future release to console of the full PC game. Their partner felt that that there was still enough of a demand for the original game (just look at the price for physical disks on the secondary market) that they wanted to print 5000 discs of 7 Days to Die for PS4. This disc would not be the original disc that Telltale sold but instead a disc that included all of the updates that were added to the game. So the new disc would be equal to someone loading the original disc and then updating. But there is no new content on the disc.

Whether the stores who are selling the discs misunderstood or are trying to scam customers purposefully, or accidentally copied and pasted a PC game description, I'm sure their lawyers will find the ambiguity in their wording needed to help them avoid getting sued. Since I'm pretty sure PS4 automatically updated 7 Days to Die to the newest version everyone who already owns the game will have exactly what the disc is including. It is the same game fully updated to what all existing owners currently have.

In other words, you will be able to load the disc and play and not have to wait for long downloads. Period.

On the positive side, this is more proof that TFP are making plans and preparing the groundwork for a future console port that will have parity with the complete PC version.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Roland said:

UPDATE: Rick answered this issue on Twitter the other day. He said that TFP formed a partnership with a distribution company that prints and ships physical copies of games. This was a preliminary step towards the future release to console of the full PC game. Their partner felt that that there was still enough of a demand for the original game (just look at the price for physical disks on the secondary market) that they wanted to print 5000 discs of 7 Days to Die for PS4. This disc would not be the original disc that Telltale sold but instead a disc that included all of the updates that were added to the game. So the new disc would be equal to someone loading the original disc and then updating. But there is no new content on the disc.

Whether the stores who are selling the discs misunderstood or are trying to scam customers purposefully, or accidentally copied and pasted a PC game description, I'm sure their lawyers will find the ambiguity in their wording needed to help them avoid getting sued. Since I'm pretty sure PS4 automatically updated 7 Days to Die to the newest version everyone who already owns the game will have exactly what the disc is including. It is the same game fully updated to what all existing owners currently have.

In other words, you will be able to load the disc and play and not have to wait for long downloads. Period.

On the positive side, this is more proof that TFP are making plans and preparing the groundwork for a future console port that will have parity with the complete PC version.

Some people just see the words "console update" in a YouTube video thumbnail with HD zombie background image and automatically think consoles are being updated.  Its akin to tabloid front pages...😅.  Click bait....

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Some people just see the words "console update" in a YouTube video thumbnail with HD zombie background image and automatically think consoles are being updated.  Its akin to tabloid front pages...😅.  Click bait....

To be absolutely fair...this whole situation has caused a lot of customer confusion in the marketplace--be that end user or retail store. It is conceivable that some of these stores not being fully aware of the situation posted the re-release with copied and pasted information from the PC version not understanding that they are not the same. I know one of the complaints from end users is that John watches a twitch video of 7 Days to Die PC and then purchases it for PS4 assuming it will be what he watched and of course it is not. It's a really bad situation that isn't going to get resolved. 

Of course, since the consoles were never going to be able to handle the full game anyway, this problem would still be around even if the console edition had continued to be updated. They were only ever going to get a few things from A16 and its doubtful in the extreme that they would have changed the console version into A17. They were only ever able to add things that wouldn't break saves. So even if 7 Days to Day console was completely up to date today with all planned updates it would still be different than the PC version.

Probably they should have added "Playstation edition" or "Xbox edition" to the title itself so that the titles for all versions wasn't exactly the same.

At any rate, it will be a brand new @%$# storm when people purchase the re-release and there is no new content to be found...