Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

Wyatt

I personally think they have dipped out on the console players an don’t intend to ever update it or reboot it it’s been 3years and yet they could have simply made a better deal with another company to do the ports heck they keep closing all the console pages and that says a lot so all of us console gamers have effectively been given the bird 🙁

Edited by Jokrwild
Misspelled word (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Jokrwild said:

I personally think they have dipped out on the console players an don’t intend to ever update it or reboot it it’s been 3years and yet they could have simply made a better deal with another company to do the ports heck they keep closing all the console pages and that says a lot so all of us console gamers have effectively been given the bird 🙁

Have you read this?

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

Its pretty clear  to me on what happened and why a console update before the PC version is completed is most likely not going to happen.  Regardless, I understand the frustration console players have experienced.   Hopefully the majority of console players have gotten their money's worth from the version that they do have currently have...

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

😞 Ah, man. It's painful to see console players still hanging around hoping there will be new updates. Not as many of you left now...

As someone who used to be in the same boat, I can understand your pain and despair. The way I see it, you guys on consoles have two options. You can either wait until the next gen consoles arrive later this year and hope a new fully updated version of 7DTD gets ported over, or you can put that money you're saving up for a next gen console towards a gaming PC instead. 

Personally I recommend the latter option. You can buy a decent mid-range gaming PC for around £500-700 now, which is only slightly more than what a next gen console will probably cost. And you'll earn that money back because games are much cheaper on PC (especially if you wait for sales), and you also don't have to pay for online subscriptions either. It's by far the best option! Plus, you'll be able to play all the other great survival games that PC has to offer as well.

I know it's not what you guys want to hear, but unfortunately, this is the reality of the situation. You ARE much better off switching over to PC this generation, and as someone who just did the same thing I highly recommend it. 🤷‍♂️

There is no new news. That IS the news. Until the primary game on the PC is completed, it's not going to change.

I'll also note that I wasn't being a smart @%$*#!, I'm just blunt. I won't sugar-coat the information for you.
I mean, it's not like I called you an idiot for not reading the threads in this section where several others have asked the same question quite recently.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, Wyatt said:

I have a question about consoles when are they gonna get updated because we are being left behind, because pc is on 18 getting ready for 19 but you guys havent updated console in 3 or 2 years 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the News and Announcements sticky. Since that thread it crazy long. This is the only important thing to read. The line of “this should tell you all you need to know” is the nice way of saying sorry but its over.

“The following console sections have been merged into [the General Discussion section]:

Bug Reports

General Support

This should tell you all you need to know. TFP is happy to provide a place for those who are still playing the game to be able to meet up and talk about things they wish to discuss. Players can help each other out with tips and troubleshooting advice. However, there is no longer any official support or bug fixing going on because there are no planned updates for the current version.”

The current console version of 7D2D is done. Finished and even though The Fun Pimps bought the rights back to the console version after the TellTale Games auction. There is no money (profit) for a “free” update that was originally promised by TTG. TTG made the lions share of the money when it was released on console, so now it doesn’t make financial sense for TFP to spend money on an update that TTG talked about back in 2018. 

For the record I was all for a kickstarter, or even the idea of 7D2D being re-released. Unfortunately until PC goes gold, which I don’t even think TFP know when that is, there is no point in asking anything about the console version.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:39 AM, crow1331 said:

When is ps4 getting all pc stuff

This is from the link that always gets posted.

‘The following console sections have been merged into [the General Discussion section]:

Bug Reports

General Support

This should tell you all you need to know. TFP is happy to provide a place for those who are still playing the game to be able to meet up and talk about things they wish to discuss. Players can help each other out with tips and troubleshooting advice. However, there is no longer any official support or bug fixing going on because there are no planned updates for the current version.”

”this should tell you all you need to know” is the key line. Of course the last sentence of “no planned updates for the current version” is important too.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:26 PM, SylenThunder said:

There is no new news. That IS the news. Until the primary game on the PC is completed, it's not going to change.

I'll also note that I wasn't being a smart @%$*#!, I'm just blunt. I won't sugar-coat the information for you.
I mean, it's not like I called you an idiot for not reading the threads in this section where several others have asked the same question quite recently.

Let’s be honest then SylenThunder. What do you think is going to change when PC is complete? Since there is no date for PC to be complete, it is just left for each individual to find out. Since nothing has happened since 2018 some people might think maybe there is more info out there, just not posted. I know that nothing is going to ever change with the current version, but some people just getting 7D2D might still be optimistic. They might even buy into after PC is complete that TFP will do something for the current version of 7D2D. You point out every time the reasons that the update wont happen, with money being the top choice normally. Your “there is no new news” statement should have been the console version is done and finished. Yet you act like if and when PC is complete that TFP will then go back and update the current version. 

I’m just being blunt too, I suggested you close these forums down, because the majority of people come here after they get the game and have questions about any kind of update. I got the hint when you closed the bug report and tech support sections, but some people might not have understood that it is over.

Unfortunately TellTale Games is gone, and since The Fun Pimps own the rights, I think it is fair for someone new to ask if anything has changed. Posting a link to a long ago closed thread, is going to lead to more questions. IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Freestyle604 said:

Let’s be honest then SylenThunder. What do you think is going to change when PC is complete? Since there is no date for PC to be complete, it is just left for each individual to find out

This is the current known plan for the PC version releasing.

1. a19 is literally just around the corner. We'll see public experimental in just a couple of weeks, and Stable will be shortly after.
  2. a20 is planned to release this fall, but with the number of bugs and new systems in a19 pushing it back a couple of months, we should see it by Winter this year.
  3. After a20, there may or may not be a21. Beta is the next major step with a focus on optimization, fixing bugs, optimization, and finalize the modding platform to add Steam Workshop support.
  4. Based on these plans, final release is currently slated for next summer. Just about a year from now.
  5. Then there will be some final post release additions and DLC to work on while working out a plan for a new version for the consoles. That will most likely take a minimum of one year, and half of that is just negotiating with Sony, Microsoft, and Iron Galaxy.

And my two cents, they should not have shut down the General Support section of the Console section. They should have renamed it to Console Support and combined Bug Reports into it. I also felt that removing the Off-topic and General questions section weren't a great idea either, but at the same time no one went to them first. Posts mostly just got moved there from General Discussion because people don't know how to look up sub-forums.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

I can understand the mess that TFP is dealing with in relation to the console version and the end of TTG. It makes sense that they are in unexplored territory for them and it will take them time to start taking steps forward. The problem that I'm seeing is that there is no communication with their console community. No updates, plans, no road maps or anything. Its been 9 months since the last major message and we are at the end of the current console cycle. Which brings up more questions for the future of the game.

From what I can see from the other threads is that there are thousands of players out there who have no clue what is going on and we are worried about our investment. Don't forget, your players are also your investors and we care about this game. If we didn't care we wouldn't be on here, and reddit or playing 7DTD.

I know this will probably come off as a bit of a rant but I feel like the players need a news update. Even if its one thanking us for our money and time and that there will be no future updates for the console version.

What information do you think is missing?

Everything in  https://7daystodie.com/console-news/ is still as true as it was 8 months ago. The plan is to wait for the game to be finished and released on its original platform before it can be ported to other platforms. That is AFAIK the normal method when parallel development in-house isn't possible.

Just today I read Persona 4 came out for PC now, only 12 years after its console release, and 7D2D isn't even out yet.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

What information do you think is missing?

Everything in  https://7daystodie.com/console-news/ is still as true as it was 8 months ago. The plan is to wait for the game to be finished and released on its original platform before it can be ported to other platforms. That is AFAIK the normal method when parallel development in-house isn't possible.

Just today I read Persona 4 came out for PC now, only 12 years after its console release, and 7D2D isn't even out yet.

I didn't say information is missing im just wondering if there will be an update from the devs or someone representing the devs. Ive heard about waiting for the game to go gold but even that is a maybe. At this point Bioware has been more communicative about their flop that is Anthem. 

It would be nice to even see something like "Hey, were sorry this is taking so long but just hang in there, we are hoping for the best." 

People still play and love 7DTD on console even with its issues. One would think it would be best to try and communicate with the people who invested in their product before they lose them. 

Also, unless I'm missing something from the blog post where is the info about waiting until the game is finished?

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about it.

We are exploring all options that would eventually deliver a new version of 7 Days to consoles but this would likely happen after the PC version has gone gold and could end up being an entirely new product or on the next console.

Now lets break down some facts.

1. It will have to be a new game. The existing version can not be brought up to date on the consoles because it would invalidate your saves. Rules are in place by both Sony and Microsoft that prevent this.

2. Console hardware as it is now sucks balls. If anything is done in the future, it will need to be on the new systems. It will also need to be a new game because of number 1.

3. Who in their right mind would invest several million dollars to put a token update out for the existing consoles knowing that there will be near zero return on that investment? (I think SylenThunder has covered this in great detail in some of the threads you claim to have read.)

Taking that into account, I'd imagine that there is a 99% chance that no further update will happen for the existing console version of the game. There is a 95% chance that you will not see TFP venture into branching another version of the game for the console until after they are done making the PC version. It's basic common sense. Especially given the facts in #1 regarding the save files.

Seriously, what more news do you need?  An official statement from madmole saying "Noe, nothing changed guys. Information is still the same as it was."???

23 minutes ago, linewalker said:

I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about it.

Now lets break down some facts.

1. It will have to be a new game. The existing version can not be brought up to date on the consoles because it would invalidate your saves. Rules are in place by both Sony and Microsoft that prevent this.

2. Console hardware as it is now sucks balls. If anything is done in the future, it will need to be on the new systems. It will also need to be a new game because of number 1.

3. Who in their right mind would invest several million dollars to put a token update out for the existing consoles knowing that there will be near zero return on that investment? (I think SylenThunder has covered this in great detail in some of the threads you claim to have read.)

Taking that into account, I'd imagine that there is a 99% chance that no further update will happen for the existing console version of the game. There is a 95% chance that you will not see TFP venture into branching another version of the game for the console until after they are done making the PC version. It's basic common sense. Especially given the facts in #1 regarding the save files.

Seriously, what more news do you need?  An official statement from madmole saying "Noe, nothing changed guys. Information is still the same as it was."???

I wasnt asking when an update would come out, there's a ton of those posts. I was asking if the devs had said anything more recently than 9 months ago or made any relevant blog posts regarding any console specific information. This point you seem to have entirely missed. 

Its funny because I actually found the information I was looking for on Reddit as a response to a meme. According to a user on there the devs confirmed during their last live stream that the game will come to next gen consoles as they finish the PC version. Thats pretty much what I was looking for, hard facts not speculation.

Its possible that rather than being rude and making the community look bad, you could simply say "hey this is what we know and this is what we are pretty sure is going to happen."