Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

Roland

Please use this thread to give voice to your concerns and ask your questions regarding the future of 7 Days to Die on console.

My concern regarding the future of 7 Days to Die on console is with the way Roland is slowly aggravating the few remaining stragglers who are still hanging around and holding out hope console version isn't dead.

Just had to get a dig in with "censorship sob story" didn't you, Roland?

Please do your job more consistently so the rest of the dwindling stragglers don't follow luckystrike and me...pretty please even.

With that said, my hope for the game is extinguished and I'm out--best of luck to the rest of you...

My concern regarding the future of 7 Days to Die on console is with the way Roland is slowly aggravating the few remaining stragglers who are still hanging around and holding out hope console version isn't dead.

If they are indeed "few" and "straggling" then it won't really matter much in the long run if they get aggravated by me or not for the future of 7 Days to Die on console. My suspicion is that those many who actually are holding on to hope are probably grateful that the next time the announcement forum gets a post it will actually be an announcement.

Please do your job more consistently so the rest of the dwindling stragglers don't follow luckystrike and me...pretty please even.

Nobody has been punished or banned or silenced. The announcement thread has been closed to all but developers and there is a place here for people to continue as they were wondering when a new announcement would come and speculating on who bought the rights and what it all means. Closing the announcement thread is consistent with all the rest of the announcement threads in that subforum. Take a look. Every single thead is locked.

If you and Lucky are actually leaving then good luck to you. If you are just being melodramatic and are going to be sticking around then relax and stop saying goodbye. (I think this several times now for Lucky...)

Hello all.

Greetings from France.

As for my hopes and worries about 7 Days To Die, I currently play the game solo as 7 Days To Dig.

As for my entertainment, the game is fine as is and I enjoy it on my PS4.

I set zombies spawning off so I can dig without being disturbed.

I'm digging endless (or near-endless) tunnels with pickaxes only.

Ligne Maginot or Moria Halls ? Only time will tell :smile-new:

My fears : actually none. The game runs flawlessly on my PS4 in solo mode.

My hopes : an improved version on PS5 with a larger map (PS5 has more RAM), maybe with alternate block textures as DLCs.

I previously used Minecraft to dig tunnels, but 7DTD is more satisfying in doing that.

So thank you TFP and even TTG so I have a game I can enjoy with my own rules.

If they are indeed "few" and "straggling" then it won't really matter much in the long run if they get aggravated by me or not for the future of 7 Days to Die on console. My suspicion is that those many who actually are holding on to hope are probably grateful that the next time the announcement forum gets a post it will actually be an announcement.

Nobody has been punished or banned or silenced. The announcement thread has been closed to all but developers and there is a place here for people to continue as they were wondering when a new announcement would come and speculating on who bought the rights and what it all means. Closing the announcement thread is consistent with all the rest of the announcement threads in that subforum. Take a look. Every single thead is locked.

If you and Lucky are actually leaving then good luck to you. If you are just being melodramatic and are going to be sticking around then relax and stop saying goodbye. (I think this several times now for Lucky...)

I just wanna say thanks lol. I was saying for the longest that it should of been closed. It is just repeating the same conversation over and over and doing nobody any good. I been here just not posting because it is always the same old stuff.

Hopefully one day console will see an update. If it doesn't then I got my money worth plus some on the console and PC version. Anything else well done been talked about repeatedly in the now closed thread I don't think I have much more to add at the moment.

Just had to get a dig in with "censorship sob story" didn't you, Roland?

Be honest. You're just mad because I'm not doing it. :02.47-tranquillity:

Seriously though, you guys so often take a decent discussion and turn it into crap. Then blame us for putting you in your place.

Hell you guys have been asking to have that thread closed for a couple of months now, but I've been graciously leaving it open for the discussion to continue. Now you have your wish, and you're complaining. Way to go.

Do you really need to ask us about the future of the game. You should be the one telling us that. I think the game is done. You guys for your money to keep the game going on PC. Now I see your changing the game on PC so much its totally different. You must be getting ready to try and sell us another unfinished game.

I still play. Would play more if there was more to do. Traders suck. They have nothing useful. They need makpr work. Bandits to the game would be nice, especially if they counted towards player kills. Some missions or new challenges that are worth doing. Giving us none of the crap you have on the game now. Get some new skill, have forges with upgrades to smelt more and faster. Larger backpack. All of this would be nice to have in the game. Would get me to play more. Would even buy for, since I like spending my money.

But this is all mute, since your not going to do anything more with this game. If you were would would have made a thread about what was coming instead of asking us what the future of the game is.

While I'm at it and might have your attention, please never make another game unless It is finished and wont be abandoned.

Ps, skyler, did you see how a game that came out in 2012 it coming out with a free dlc? All companies update their games. Some are free some are paid. So, please stop thinking that TFP are special and that we on consoles are privileged to get updates on a unfinished game

Please use this thread to give voice to your concerns and ask your questions regarding the future of 7 Days to Die on console.

Roland, You closed the thread in the news and announcement section because you said “I really see no real benefit to keeping this thread open as a discussion since it is all devolving into negativity of an accusatory nature based purely on wild speculation”. You also said “ All of your speculation is starting to run along the lines of doom, accusations of dishonesty, robbery, hate, blah, blah, blah without any evidence other then your fears and worries”.

So you open a new thread in discussion because? Do you think this thread would be different then the TellTale Update thread? I was happy when you closed it, now we have this as you put it a new noise channel(thread). I get nothing official might come to this thread, but since I have been told your work at TFP this is the closest thread I now get that “might” actually say something somewhat official.

The fact tha Sherwood Partners who handled the TTG assignment, which we know happened as Sylen posted the .pdf of the filing required but the state of California, says the 7 days to die console code was sold to an anonymous buyer means something has happened. Once again unless the people from Sherwood Partners have lied to a couple of us, this is factual information.

Some people are still not going to understand that this IS NOT TFP fault. Well, let me step that back, the start of this is not their fault. The fact we continue on down the road without any kind of communication begins the becoming your fault process. It seems like when there is good news we get lots of posts. When there is bad news we get well...... little to any information. TTG is the company that jacked us up, and those blaming TFP are wrong. TFP took a chance with TTG who then got IG involved. I have seen people blame IG and TRG, but the total blame is TTG who since they filed for assignment, which is supposed to be like bankruptcy, is who let us all down. This isn’t the only game to feel the bite from TTG and their company issues.

With that said you want my hopes and worries , and to use this tread to voice my concern and to ask questions regarding the future of 7 days to die on console. Ok, per your OP.

My hope is that we hear from you more often rather then less often. I hope you are honest with us, even if we might not like what we hear. I hope you tell us IF you won the auction for the bid from Sherwood Partners. I hope for the option to purchase the next update from TFP, or at least the update that might have happened last year. I hope that if there isn’t an update in our future you let us know sooner rather then later or never at all.

My worries are you will read my post and not do any of the hopes. My worries are you will say because of legal we cant say this. My worries are that your “continuing efforts to aid console players in the future” means we both have to rely on another potential TellTale Games company who cannot deliver on their promise.

I own the PC version and PS4 version. I have been happy with both, but have a few friends who I play with on console only. So I hope you understand why my hope is still here and coming to the console side of the forums.

If you lot who are coming here to moan, whine and call people and companies names think you're the only ones left supporting 7DtD then your ego's truly are inflated to the point of the ludicrous. Those of us who are actually waiting, patiently and calmly for an update have better things to do with our time than get pissy at The Fun Pimps because TellTale went out of business. That's really what it boils down to. You'll say "no, it's because we're being silenced!" or "no, it's because we deserve an update announcement!". You know what? You don't actually "deserve" anything. There was no contractual obligation to give you any such information when you bought the game. You're not, individually, that important and you really need to stop thinking that you are. I don;t know how many copies of 7DtD were sold for consoles but I'm pretty certain it's vastly more than the number of you detractors on here, so you're really not accomplishing anything other than getting yourself worked up.

Now, I fully expect those same immature egos to jump on here and start ranting names like "fan boi" and other such nonsense, but I really don't care, because all you're doing is showing your own immaturity. I AM a fan of this game. It's freakin great and, yes, I still play on my console. I'm not going to change my mind simply because because some people who can't control their tempers start calling names.

We've been promised an update as soon as it's available. We've been told that The Fun Pimps will do everything they can to save 7DtD for their console community. It's time to keep our mouths closed, our fingers still and just be patient and wait for that update to come. Spouting vitriol will not make it happen any quicker.

Anyway, on topic... like everyone here I hope there is a future for 7DtD on console.

I hope we get an update soon but I will continue waiting patiently, regardless.

I hope, at the very least, we get the Unity update. Even if that's the last one, it'll provide a lot of benefit.

...regardless of what happens, I'll keep playing the game. I love it.

Hey, here’s an idea: if you just wanna wait for an actual announcement in regards to the console version, why not wait for just that?

Why hang around here? I’ve said it twice will repeat myself a third time: some of you guys need to grow up and accept that you can’t always get what you want they made a song about this). Things don’t work out. Get over it. It’s a game. It’s an amazing game but why all the commotion over it? I check these forums every single day because I am hopeful. But lots of people are just coming over here picking online fights (how original).

But I supposed that’s the reason why this thread was open. Or at least one of the reasons. As for me personally, I’ll just keep this game on hold. I’m always coming back to it playing online with new challenges (try the no crafting challenge, it’s great!).

Chill out people. It’s not the end of the world because if it were there would be a possibility that you’ll get what you want but it won’t be something you play. It’ll be real.

I really just want Roland to check in monthly and say "no news", thats it. I've been lurking these forums for months reading and rereading damn near every post, but honestly to keep away the doom an gloom and keep some people "happy" that is pretty much the best option.

Roland, You closed the thread in the news and announcement section because you said “I really see no real benefit to keeping this thread open as a discussion since it is all devolving into negativity of an accusatory nature based purely on wild speculation”. You also said “ All of your speculation is starting to run along the lines of doom, accusations of dishonesty, robbery, hate, blah, blah, blah without any evidence other then your fears and worries”.

So you open a new thread in discussion because? Do you think this thread would be different then the TellTale Update thread? I was happy when you closed it, now we have this as you put it a new noise channel(thread). I get nothing official might come to this thread, but since I have been told your work at TFP this is the closest thread I now get that “might” actually say something somewhat official.

The fact tha Sherwood Partners who handled the TTG assignment, which we know happened as Sylen posted the .pdf of the filing required but the state of California, says the 7 days to die console code was sold to an anonymous buyer means something has happened. Once again unless the people from Sherwood Partners have lied to a couple of us, this is factual information.

Some people are still not going to understand that this IS NOT TFP fault. Well, let me step that back, the start of this is not their fault. The fact we continue on down the road without any kind of communication begins the becoming your fault process. It seems like when there is good news we get lots of posts. When there is bad news we get well...... little to any information. TTG is the company that jacked us up, and those blaming TFP are wrong. TFP took a chance with TTG who then got IG involved. I have seen people blame IG and TRG, but the total blame is TTG who since they filed for assignment, which is supposed to be like bankruptcy, is who let us all down. This isn’t the only game to feel the bite from TTG and their company issues.

With that said you want my hopes and worries , and to use this tread to voice my concern and to ask questions regarding the future of 7 days to die on console. Ok, per your OP.

My hope is that we hear from you more often rather then less often. I hope you are honest with us, even if we might not like what we hear. I hope you tell us IF you won the auction for the bid from Sherwood Partners. I hope for the option to purchase the next update from TFP, or at least the update that might have happened last year. I hope that if there isn’t an update in our future you let us know sooner rather then later or never at all.

My worries are you will read my post and not do any of the hopes. My worries are you will say because of legal we cant say this. My worries are that your “continuing efforts to aid console players in the future” means we both have to rely on another potential TellTale Games company who cannot deliver on their promise.

I own the PC version and PS4 version. I have been happy with both, but have a few friends who I play with on console only. So I hope you understand why my hope is still here and coming to the console side of the forums.

People need to vent and be able to express their disappointment. That is appropriate in a general discussions thread. It is not appropriate in a thread where the developers have communicated official information and where they may do so again. Everything that I said was within the context of that thread being an official announcement outlet and that many more people who never post at all would be visiting that thread every single time it updated only to see more doom and gloom from people who have no idea what is happening and are simply speculating the worst possible scenarios they can come up with.

They can vent here and nobody is going to open it up expecting to see official information and then be disappointed or triggered by the negative speculation.

As for your hopes, I too hope that new information will be released sooner than later. I want this to be done and over with one way or another. I hope that it will come down on the side of more updates for console.

The limbo status is what sucks. But as of now there is nothing to report.

People need to vent and be able to express their disappointment. That is appropriate in a general discussions thread. It is not appropriate in a thread where the developers have communicated official information and where they may do so again. Everything that I said was within the context of that thread being an official announcement outlet and that many more people who never post at all would be visiting that thread every single time it updated only to see more doom and gloom from people who have no idea what is happening and are simply speculating the worst possible scenarios they can come up with.

They can vent here and nobody is going to open it up expecting to see official information and then be disappointed or triggered by the negative speculation.

As for your hopes, I too hope that new information will be released sooner than later. I want this to be done and over with one way or another. I hope that it will come down on the side of more updates for console.

The limbo status is what sucks. But as of now there is nothing to report.

Roland, Thank you for the reply it does mean a lot. I was really hoping to hear something about the sale of the code for 7D2D on console. Even if you were to tell me I am full of bologna. As I have said before the console port wasn’t TFP idea and likely never even a thought, but unfortunately TellTale Games failed to live up to their part. I would totally understand if TFP didn’t want to spend resources on acquiring the rights back from TTG. That said if some anonymous person/company did buy the rights then I don’t see TFP wanting to spend resources helping some other company fix what TTG left broken. I really liked the fact you would like this done and over one way or the other. I do understand if it doesn’t happen that it isn’t TFP fault, and would suggest you tell them not to think all console people are crazy. Plus, put me on the pre-order for the PS 5 version of 7D2D, or whatever name they decide for their version for console.

@timmy and @batpig, I hope you were not suggesting anything in your posts about my post. I have been waiting for quite a while on a yes or no to the status of the update, since TTG was actually still in business and telling us it would be out at the end of the year 2018, from their original post. I don’t blame TFP for this, but at some point they are the ones that said they would aid console players. If the next news update post said sorry guys we couldn’t make it work. I would be ok and move on. At this point I only come back in hopes for an official update, even if it is bad news. I would love to move on, hearing from TFP whatever they decide to do. Or at least until I find out who gets the money from the PlayStation Store, which will answer the big question that I need to know.

So honest question...

Is there a reason that TFP couldn't have stated something like "We have been informed that someone has purchased the rights from the TTG auction, and they would like to remain anonymous at this time. We respect their wishes and are currently in communication with them on the details of the purchase and future of the console franchise. When we have something we can officially announce we will. Thank you for your patience and understanding." ?

I mean honestly, that would break no contracts/rules/legal items/etc...that is what everyone expected...not just silence.

I love the game, hell I bought it on PC since I saw the updates going like crazy. But, I still own the Xbox version and play with my girlfriend and other friends when we can keep a stable game going. I just know other gaming companies that have communities like this would give some type of update even if it was vague and limited in info. It is just that tiny effort by a community manager or developer, that shows the community that they care.

Roland and SylenThunder, I know you two put up with a lot of flack, but thank you for still communicating what you can with us, and keep the discussions informative. Thanks.

I can think of reasons why there is no announcement either way. If the TFP purchased the rights back, then (hopefully) their in negotiations with a new publisher. There are good reasons for keeping quiet about that.

If they didn't purchase the rights, then again, they are (hopefully) in negotiations (even if they are "hey, we've got your code, give us $x for it").

There is even the possibility that the TFP bought the code back, and are working on a new contract to try and ensure that this doesn't happen again (i.e. a clause basically saying that if the publisher goes bust, then ownership of the code reverts to TFP. IANAL, so no idea if this is feasible, or enforceable).

I hate the fact that there is no news, it would be great to know something. I'm hoping for the best, but I am also prepared to be disappointed. There is also the possibility that TFP are keeping quiet to ensure that no one gets their hopes up. There is a possibility that TFP got the code back, but if they can't find a publisher, then it's no different to them not having the code. So it's possible that they're keeping quiet until they have exhausted that avenue. If they have the code, then they will have reached out to publishers for a tender of some description. That is usually confidential.

Thank you for closing the announcements thread Roland.

I was going back to it on a regular basis looking for some information and had to wade through pages of whining.

Admittedly I was looking for posts from the fun pimp handle so I did initially disregard your comments as just another speculator without checking out your forum status. :)

While my group has moved onto other survival games due to unstable nature of 7D2D, I will be popping back from time to time to check on its status and hope to see some positive news come out of all of this.

I look forward to pulling the group back into the game one day.

In short I just wanted to thank the moderators for trying to keep us up with information in the face of what is often some toxic posts from some of the members here.

Cheers.

My Hope:

Xbox Scarlet could be a way for TFP to obtain new rights to the port. My limited understanding is that Scarlet is a different OS from the XboxOne. This might be enough of a difference to allow TFP to find another porter for the game. With increased graphics and processing power, 7Day's console could be upgraded to the PC version...

As for PS5, I have no knowledge as to the OS and if there is a difference from PS4 that would allow TFP to gain new rights.

Hope and Dreams.

Hello all.

Greetings from France.

As for my hopes and worries about 7 Days To Die, I currently play the game solo as 7 Days To Dig.

As for my entertainment, the game is fine as is and I enjoy it on my PS4.

I set zombies spawning off so I can dig without being disturbed.

I'm digging endless (or near-endless) tunnels with pickaxes only.

Ligne Maginot or Moria Halls ? Only time will tell :smile-new:

My fears : actually none. The game runs flawlessly on my PS4 in solo mode.

My hopes : an improved version on PS5 with a larger map (PS5 has more RAM), maybe with alternate block textures as DLCs.

I previously used Minecraft to dig tunnels, but 7DTD is more satisfying in doing that.

So thank you TFP and even TTG so I have a game I can enjoy with my own rules.

Luv this! Great attitude my friend!

I'm also still playing regularly on the Xbox. Absolutely luv building/designing new creative structures! Even in its current state this game keeps me entertained for hours on end. Just another console player still currently, silently, patiently playing the game waiting for a wonderful bonus surprise that future updates are in fact coming.

Thanks for opening this new thread where we could discuss stuff about the future of the game in an appropiately titled forum and section for discussion. Roland. What a jerk. CENSORSHIP IS REAL!

Im apparently one of the few straglers and i do matter! Like a fly to a turd i keep coming back. Am i the fly...or the turd....only time will tell.

Also if not abundantly clear. This was sarcasm. That other thread was long overdue to be closed. The only thing wrong with the whole situation was that roland actually took the time to respond to the forum trolls. Well just so you know the leftover turds like me understand.

Still hoping for the best.

Thanks for opening this new thread where we could discuss stuff about the future of the game in an appropiately titled forum and section for discussion. Roland. What a jerk. CENSORSHIP IS REAL!

Im apparently one of the few straglers and i do matter! Like a fly to a turd i keep coming back. Am i the fly...or the turd....only time will tell.

Also if not abundantly clear. This was sarcasm. That other thread was long overdue to be closed. The only thing wrong with the whole situation was that roland actually took the time to respond to the forum trolls. Well just so you know the leftover turds like me understand.

Still hoping for the best.

LOL...something smells funny....

Guest Rust Buddy

here’s how I see it. TFP bought the rights back but they don’t know if it’s worth the money to update. and if they do update then is it going to be ongoing updates for A16 then A17 etc or just one last update.

so I think they can prolly only update once for how much it costs to do that since the game is more than 2 years old on console now which means it’s basically bargain bin and used game status now. So it would just be to please mostly already existing customers. Updating isn’t going to bring in a lot of new money in other words.

so if that is all true then they prolly will wait until the final version to update console just once more instead of a few more bit by bit.

But they are a business so they may decide it isn’t worth the cost at all and not do it. That’s prolly why they can’t say anything yet.

Archived