A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

42 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

I saw yesterday that Night of the Dead introduced electrical traps, including a couple of kinetic traps I've wished for in 7d2d since alpha 16, literally, and something that has always been a pet peeve of my for their lack in 7d2d: AND, OR and XOR gates. I've grudgingly accepted no new electrical traps, but I still dearly want some of that gating and I hope this might be revisited before going gold.

Chained triggers are equivalent to an OR gate, but there is no OR gate for switches. Triggers with relays between them and switches are equivalent to an AND gate. There's no equivalent to a XOR gate, or a NOT, and that severely limits what can be done. 

Do you mean these kind of electrical logic gates?
 spacer.png
That indeed is really cool. Could add a lot of features to electrical systems indeed.

31 minutes ago, Burrfly said:

Do you mean these kind of electrical logic gates?
 spacer.png
That indeed is really cool. Could add a lot of features to electrical systems indeed.

Yup, really want an XOR so I can have a light or door that can be controlled by multiple switches 

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

I saw yesterday that Night of the Dead introduced electrical traps, including a couple of kinetic traps I've wished for in 7d2d since alpha 16, literally, and something that has always been a pet peeve of my for their lack in 7d2d: AND, OR and XOR gates. I've grudgingly accepted no new electrical traps, but I still dearly want some of that gating and I hope this might be revisited before going gold.

Chained triggers are equivalent to an OR gate, but there is no OR gate for switches. Triggers with relays between them and switches are equivalent to an AND gate. There's no equivalent to a XOR gate, or a NOT, and that severely limits what can be done. 

honestly kinetic traps could be problematic for cpu . and well you have them in orcs must die at least XD 

2 hours ago, dcsobral said:

I completely disagree with that crap... maybe it's good for a mod, but 7D2D theme doesn't fit IMO.

I like the ragtag look and feel of everything we use to survive. NotD devs just add stuff because they can, it's becoming a high-tech sci-fi game instead of a survival struggle.

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

honestly kinetic traps could be problematic for cpu . and well you have them in orcs must die at least XD 

Trap floors and robotic sledges are kinetic traps already. And they don't get close to what a stun baton with repulsor mod and nerd tats will do.

1 minute ago, dcsobral said:

Trap floors and robotic sledges are kinetic traps already. And they don't get close to what a stun baton with repulsor mod and nerd tats will do.

Well trap floors are only in half traps- ofc they are traps but works like hm it is broken so you fall because you weight to much. Robotic sledge hammers are quiet "turret" type. kinetic traps in more "psychic way" it will be push trap from orcs must die - you make a rangdoll

As far as i can tell, the only real difference between the robo-sledge and the pusher trap in Orcs Must Die is area of effect and the fact the robo-sledge is easier to place and replace. So I don’t necessarily see more kinetic traps overburdening CPUs more so than what’s already been implemented. I’d love more variety in traps and defenses, maybe even more utility focused traps that do little or no damage but provide strong crowd control to help setup killzones for your damage traps. Leaning more into the Base defense/Tower defense aspects would be fantastic and i hope TFP is planning on doing that in a later alpha.

6 hours ago, ShellHead said:

As far as i can tell, the only real difference between the robo-sledge and the pusher trap in Orcs Must Die is area of effect and the fact the robo-sledge is easier to place and replace. So I don’t necessarily see more kinetic traps overburdening CPUs more so than what’s already been implemented. I’d love more variety in traps and defenses, maybe even more utility focused traps that do little or no damage but provide strong crowd control to help setup killzones for your damage traps. Leaning more into the Base defense/Tower defense aspects would be fantastic and i hope TFP is planning on doing that in a later alpha.

well  problem with traps it that they need to suit to 7dtd - so could works in vietnam style - cartrige bombs , bambo whip  , punij bear trap , mace trap etc

8 hours ago, ReDelicious said:

Hoping one of the games they're working on is 7DtD 2 and that they use this awesome UE5 tech. Amazing visuals AND terrain deformation. Not to mention just getting away from Unity in general would be great.

someone pasted it this before XD 

4 hours ago, Morloc said:

60 FPS on a 1080TI? Wow...

-Morloc

here we go again XD this forum is some type of time loop

22 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I completely disagree with that crap... maybe it's good for a mod, but 7D2D theme doesn't fit IMO.

I like the ragtag look and feel of everything we use to survive. NotD devs just add stuff because they can, it's becoming a high-tech sci-fi game instead of a survival struggle.

It seems to me, or did you not so long ago advocate for a self-made flying intelligent robot? 😂

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

well  problem with traps it that they need to suit to 7dtd - so could works in vietnam style - cartrige bombs , bambo whip  , punij bear trap , mace trap etc

Honestly you could do the wall-axe trap in 7D2D, just make it out of scrap metal and obvious mechanical parts.

it’s basically the mixture of the blade trap and robo-sledge.

7 minutes ago, ShellHead said:

Honestly you could do the wall-axe trap in 7D2D, just make it out of scrap metal and obvious mechanical parts.

it’s basically the mixture of the blade trap and robo-sledge.

well spear wall trap could be better well it can be do even i rly but it could be 1 use and you need to fix it

14 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

well spear wall trap could be better well it can be do even i rly but it could be 1 use and you need to fix it

Just have it made entirely of metal and treat repairing it like the blade trap. Basically just metal spikes on pistons.

2 minutes ago, ShellHead said:

Just have it made entirely of metal and treat repairing it like the blade trap. Basically just metal spikes on pistons.

yeah but it will be ugly as hell so do it like something spear traps from shadow of tomb rider

On 6/30/2021 at 4:11 PM, Dares said:

I just want to play A20. I think we have to wait like 2 months to the release. It's really hard to wait but at least the patch will be at the finest. GIVE MORE LEAKS PLS... So curious about the spider and screamer update

im not sure A20 will be as different or such a big deal since all major changes seems to be in A21 ..

so i'd say 1 more year lol

1 hour ago, saoron666 said:

im not sure A20 will be as different or such a big deal since all major changes seems to be in A21 ..

so i'd say 1 more year lol

🤨 A20 is "only" getting more POIs, adjusted building system (included expanded shape menu), Vehicle mods, new starting weapons, Map gen (Random Generation as the Devs call it) changes including the ability to adjust POI density, being able to see changes you made to the world while playing from a greater distance,... Ya, all the "major" changes got pushed to A21... 😒

13 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

🤨 A20 is "only" getting more POIs, adjusted building system (included expanded shape menu), Vehicle mods, new starting weapons, Map gen (Random Generation as the Devs call it) changes including the ability to adjust POI density, being able to see changes you made to the world while playing from a greater distance,... Ya, all the "major" changes got pushed to A21... 😒

Exactly. Have to try darkness falls mod before the patch 😕 Hope it won't be to easy in A20 after it xD I really hope the feral sense will give a major boost to the Zombies. Will probably play on "all" mode and set the hardest difficulty

38 minutes ago, Dares said:

Exactly. Have to try darkness falls mod before the patch 😕 Hope it won't be to easy in A20 after it xD I really hope the feral sense will give a major boost to the Zombies. Will probably play on "all" mode and set the hardest difficulty

I feel there isnt much zombies, NEED MORE ZOMBIES!!! when you are in a building i want zombies coming at you from all directions!

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

It seems to me, or did you not so long ago advocate for a self-made flying intelligent robot? 😂

Never did. I just copy-pasted questions about the drone from the Steam forums, as I often do.

I guess you assumed that because you can't imagine anyone willing to help a fellow player finding answers.

Also, a flying drone is much more doable than whatever those other guys were asking... at present there are already drones you can buy on-line which can fly and follow you with an integrated camera. So, it's not difficult to imagine that after the apocalypse you could find parts and put them back together to build a ragtag drone.

7 hours ago, saoron666 said:

I feel there isnt much zombies, NEED MORE ZOMBIES!!! when you are in a building i want zombies coming at you from all directions!

Play A17. POIs were packed with zombies. 

8 hours ago, hiemfire said:
10 hours ago, saoron666 said:

🤨 A20 is "only" getting more POIs, adjusted building system (included expanded shape menu)

This will be the biggest update ever for builders. The shape menu is….comprehensive. They have been working on it solidly this entire past year which also includes having to go in and adjust existing POIs that used legacy blocks.

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Never did. I just copy-pasted questions about the drone from the Steam forums, as I often do.

I guess you assumed that because you can't imagine anyone willing to help a fellow player finding answers.

Also, a flying drone is much more doable than whatever those other guys were asking... at present there are already drones you can buy on-line which can fly and follow you with an integrated camera. So, it's not difficult to imagine that after the apocalypse you could find parts and put them back together to build a ragtag drone.

Logic elements AND and OR are the basis of electrical circuits, these are common, very common things called "relays". By the way, there is a relay in the game, but this is not a relay in its function.

Sorry, but in fact, this device is much simpler and much more common than a drone and is often made on exclusively analog components.

18 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Logic elements AND and OR are the basis of electrical circuits, these are common, very common things called "relays". By the way, there is a relay in the game, but this is not a relay in its function.

Sorry, but in fact, this device is much simpler and much more common than a drone and is often made on exclusively analog components.

If they can add it without looking like Electrical Engineering stuff, then I'm ok.