A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

2 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

In all cases I have seen and tested, the player path never requires a player to break any doors because it ruins the designed experience especially when doing a quest.

Can a player do so if they choose to do so?  Of course they can, the game is a fully destructible voxel game. 😃  

TLDR...

Yada yada yada yada... 😁

Well some places forced you to break inside destroing doors or wood barricades

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well some places forced you to break inside destroing doors or wood barricades

Not in any Vanilla quest POIs.  If you find one submit a bug report and I will check it out.

Edit: quest satchels behind sheet paneling doesn't count....although you can technically loot them through  the open seam if you have master lvl mouse control....😁

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

TLDR...

That's cold. I wrote 5 lines. I'm not the only one around here that honours nickname or title lol. Allow me to make it shorter just for you:

Doors? no problem design-wise. Doors lowish hp. Opening doors bia stone axe-breaking takes the same time as lockpicking, both perked or not. Why break? because door knobs or shortcuts. Same with lockpicking or not. Design unchanged.

Just now, Blake_ said:

That's cold. I wrote 5 lines. I'm not the only one around here that honours nickname or title lol. Allow me to make it shorter just for you:

Doors? no problem design-wise. Doors lowish hp. Opening doors bia stone axe-breaking takes the same time as lockpicking, both perked or not. Why break? because door knobs or shortcuts. Same with lockpicking or not. Design unchanged.

guy you are still luck i sometimes writing 15-20 lines and gets... nothing this is kinda deprresing . well iron pickaxe and time and any doors are problem XD

20 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Did all of the old poi's, I.E. the police station just west of the high school and stadium in the winter portion of Navezgane, get removed from the rotation?

a lot of pois in navezgane have or undergoing refitting to updated TFP standards and some have been relocated to different area(s).

if 1 or 2 got deleted, it was insignificant enough that i didnt see it happen (we have some new ones that i still havent explored yet) i hope no one gives them away because the fun and pleasure of navezgane is in the exploring again.

the way the level design team is, will simply amaze everyone with the newer look for some of them and yes as it has been hinted and said.. by a couple devs. so dont fret as to pois being deleted... there are just a lot of changes coming and some will look and feel new.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

a lot of pois in navezgane have or undergoing refitting to updated TFP standards and some have been relocated to different area(s).

if 1 or 2 got deleted, it was insignificant enough that i didnt see it happen (we have some new ones that i still havent explored yet) i hope no one gives them away because the fun and pleasure of navezgane is in the exploring again.

the way the level design team is, will simply amaze everyone with the newer look for some of them and yes as it has been hinted and said.. by a couple devs. so dont fret as to pois being deleted... there are just a lot of changes coming and some will look and feel new.

Was actually asking if they'd been pulled from being an option for the quests from the traders to select location wise since allot of those, especially the really old ones from before the suggested way through started being a thing, actually require doors be broken down to get through them completely. The stadium, the police station I already mentioned, the Ostrich hotel, and the really old hotel/resort in desert SE of the northern ghost town in Navezgane being examples.

I'm aware the older ones are being reworked, moved or replaced completely as the POI team's time permits. I don't have many complaints about the new ones, if any.

12 hours ago, Blake_ said:

There is no time difference between breaking a door and lockpicking one (if it were enabled). The difference is in the "look and feel". If a player perked into a perk called "lockpicking chests and doors" that would be an officially sanctioned way to do POIs. And since you can get into the loot room way faster with it people would complain that it is overpowered and make questing too easy and destroys the fun. Similar "use it at your own discretion, but we don't recommend using it in a normal game" exceptions exist for creative menue and debug mode.

TFP: "Hey, if you don't wan to destroy your fun, don't go throught the doors!".

Players: "Then why did you give me a specific perk for that in the first place?"

TFP: "...., ah well, ah, don't know, Blake_ told us to"

11 minutes ago, Survager said:

@faatal if zombie clothes can be implemented as separate objects, is there a possibility that such accessories can be knocked down with zombies with club blows or shots? For example, knock a helmet off a zombie military...

well it can be done = it was even in first cod but here clothes are part of model so it can't   you know too much of work

1 minute ago, Matt115 said:

well it can be done = it was even in first cod but here clothes are part of model so it can't   you know too much of work

Can't a model change on the fly when it gets damaged? It works with limbs. Or is it another mechanic?

2 minutes ago, Survager said:

Can't a model change on the fly when it gets damaged? It works with limbs. Or is it another mechanic?

Well  models with cuted limbs are "created with it" but a hat will forced to create it again and this need time and well hats will be physic models right for a while so it will be a lot of work now. ofc zombie soldier can have something like that but because he is getting new model

13 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Was actually asking if they'd been pulled from being an option for the quests from the traders to select location wise since allot of those, especially the really old ones from before the suggested way through started being a thing, actually require doors be broken down to get through them completely. The stadium, the police station I already mentioned, the Ostrich hotel, and the really old hotel/resort in desert SE of the northern ghost town in Navezgane being examples.

here is where i am confused... none of those you mentioned are in a quest rotation in vanilla navezgane or rwg.. i am looking at each of them in the editor in a19 and a20 and not one has a quest rally.

also, none of those have been updated to new tfp design standards yet. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

On 6/17/2021 at 8:17 PM, sillls said:

snip...

Ok I bite. Tell me about all three of them. 

They're probably saving it for some big announcements somewhere down the line.

Here's hoping that time comes soon though! :D

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

none of those you mentioned are in a quest rotation in vanilla navezgane or rwg.. i am looking at each of them in the editor in a19 and a20 and not one has a quest rally.

That was actually what I was asking about. :) The older Pois that do not have a suggested path through them, are not used for the trader quests in vanilla. Thank you for checking and sorry that I was confusing.

also, none of those have been updated to new tfp design standards yet. :)

Looking forwards to seeing how they set them up or what they replace them with. :)

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

That was actually what I was asking about. :) The older Pois that do not have a suggested path through them, are not used for the trader quests in vanilla. Thank you for checking and sorry that I was confusing.

Looking forwards to seeing how they set them up or what they replace them with. :)

so far the pois that have been getting a refit, have almost changed in appearance so they seem like new pois too. the level designers are an awesome crew (all of the team deserve a thumbs up)

On 6/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, Blake_ said:

TBH I know I am weird but...

I normally follow the path laid out by the POI designer.  Before I have the book, I just knock down doors as shortcuts to get back outside to fill up the chest on the ground or my vehicle.  After the book, I take out the doors to get the brass knobs....but I still follow the designated path.

9 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

TBH I know I am weird but...

I normally follow the path laid out by the POI designer.  Before I have the book, I just knock down doors as shortcuts to get back outside to fill up the chest on the ground or my vehicle.  After the book, I take out the doors to get the brass knobs....but I still follow the designated path.

I do the exact same thing. That's why lockpicks wouldn't really change the way I play. Being able to do it would be cool though.

3 hours ago, The Gronk said:

Quick question:

A "buried supplies" mission spawning inside of my base.  Is that a bug or a feature? 

Do you want me to file a bug report?

Does the game know it is your base?  I.e. was there a sleeping bag laid down and active in your base when you took the quest?