A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

First of all, really love the game, started playing on PS4 a couple of years ago and now on PC started over and can't get enough.

Anyway, not a big issue, but I have the game trophies at platinum on PS4, the PC versions steam trophies don't work, for example can't get the one that's about crafting your first stone axe. Will these be fixed at some point?

3 minutes ago, Sucksi said:

First of all, really love the game, started playing on PS4 a couple of years ago and now on PC started over and can't get enough.

Anyway, not a big issue, but I have the game trophies at platinum on PS4, the PC versions steam trophies don't work, for example can't get the one that's about crafting your first stone axe. Will these be fixed at some point?

I believe they are working properly now. Make sure you have EAC enabled and are not using creative mode. I'm not sure whether the use of mods affects earning the achievements or not.

11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I played that game... for some time. Then I got bored and uninstalled it.

Great graphics and animations mind you, but absolutely repetitive after a while.

Yeah, the story was kinda meh, but the combat was good. 

Playing as a Sorc was pretty fun, and the magic was done really well. 

The pawn system was actually kinda cool, but they did it wonky so you could only have 1 save file, which was kinda annoying. 

The game would have probably been a lot bigger if it had multiplayer, and if it was not only for consoles for a while.  Dragons Dogma 2 probably coming in 2022 though.

7 hours ago, Roland said:

已经确认A20已完成。玩家放置的方块以及被破坏的游戏生成的方块会动态更新并在遥远的地形中表示。摧毁一栋建筑物,走出大块,它仍然不见了。向现有的POI添加增强功能,然后走出大块,而它们仍然存在。不是计时器,也不是立即关闭或重新启动。

IMO,A20最重要的令人敬畏的新功能之一

What if A20 has confirmed the finished, then begin to anchor the testing authority and certified?
Machine translation, forgive me

5 minutes ago, bilibili-wayne said:

What if A20 has confirmed the finished, then begin to anchor the testing authority and certified?
Machine translation, forgive me

A20 is not finished. One of the planned features for A20 is finished. Sorry if translating my post into your language caused confusion. There is still a lot of work to be done before A20 will be ready for release.

Just now, Roland said:

A20未完成。A20的计划功能之一已完成。抱歉,如果将我的帖子翻译成您的语言会引起混乱。在准备发布A20之前,仍有许多工作要做。

So that's it. Is my translation software is not good enough. By the way, in China, almost daily 7 d2d players to leave a message to my account to ask A20 development progress and an open test of time. Ask every day. Our passion is too high.

1 hour ago, bilibili-wayne said:

So that's it. Is my translation software is not good enough. By the way, in China, almost daily 7 d2d players to leave a message to my account to ask A20 development progress and an open test of time. Ask every day. Our passion is too high.

I love asian women.  Can you hook me up?

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I love asian women.  Can you hook me up?

who doesn't. Would be cool to have some asian zombies as well :D

Jokes aside. Wanted to ask is the work on 1 block height pathing done. once asked if it only works like crawling through a 1 block high hole on the ground or does it also work when the hole is 1 block higher like a window. would be awesome if they can break windows and crawl over the window sill

4 hours ago, Roland said:

A20 is not finished. One of the planned features for A20 is finished. Sorry if translating my post into your language caused confusion. There is still a lot of work to be done before A20 will be ready for release.

Roland, as a player, how does a20 feel in terms of performance ? is it directly comparable to a19.4  in terms of fps or is it definitely better?

4 hours ago, Diragor said:

who doesn't. Would be cool to have some asian zombies as well :D

Jokes aside. Wanted to ask is the work on 1 block height pathing done. once asked if it only works like crawling through a 1 block high hole on the ground or does it also work when the hole is 1 block higher like a window. would be awesome if they can break windows and crawl over the window sill

The 1-block height is not done. It might get pushed to A21 depending on time.

2 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Roland, as a player, how does a20 feel in terms of performance ? is it directly comparable to a19.4  in terms of fps or is it definitely better?

I can't really judge accurately as I updated my rig with some significant improvements. I'll probably revert to A19 again soon and will be able to compare.

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

I can't really judge accurately as I updated my rig with some significant improvements. I'll probably revert to A19 again soon and will be able to compare.

I will be waiting for that sweet feedback. Thanks !

I am not asking for release date, but it is been 3-4 month to A20, what all progress did we make so far, as I see still several of topic has "Details coming soon" . Are there really plan for those or already drop for A20? I think we should have details by now?

1 hour ago, archergod said:

I am not asking for release date, but it is been 3-4 month to A20, what all progress did we make so far, as I see still several of topic has "Details coming soon" . Are there really plan for those or already drop for A20? I think we should have details by now?

A20 won't be out for at least several more months; my money is August-September. We've got plenty of time before details about A20 begin to come thick and fast.

3 hours ago, archergod said:

The Pentagon has a laser that can identify people by their ...

3 hours ago, archergod said:

Are there really plan for those or already drop for A20? I think we should have details by now?

The heading on the first page reads A20/A21 at the top of the feature list. Whatever they don't get to for A20 will be in A21.

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

A20 won't be out for at least several more months

Maybe...maybe not. They can ship anything on that list in A21. Could be sooner than you may think. "It's done when it's done" doesn't always mean it is going to take longer. :)

4 hours ago, archergod said:

I am not asking for release date, but it is been 3-4 month

Even though fans don't like to count the smaller updates, the developers do and so as far as they're concerned the clock just started again yesterday. It has only been one day since the last update. Could be that 3-4 months from today isn't a bad estimate....

5 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Interesting, Im curious now.  Can I ask why? 

People always want what they can't have. :)

58 minutes ago, ZombieHorde said:

Maybe don't keep instantiating the zombies then? Like never dispose of them in the first place. Just have them die/time out and turn invisible but the object is still there in the background, ai turned off, If there is a volume that needs more zombies then what are already instantiated then just create one or two, not the the full pack again and again.

Let me guess: not that simple in Unity?

Oh it's pretty easy as such. It requires some coding, but it's not rocketsurgery for a basic version that adds objects as needed, but otherwise retains the objects disabled, when they are not needed.

But while you save some CPU, it requires some more RAM. at the moment. So it's important to analyze gains vs. cost, also in cost of development time.

sound is still wonky. playing coop through steam with the wife. my comp is the server. and sound keeps cutting out, I dig in dirt for 5 minutes, and you can see the shovel dig, but the sound is off, late, however you wish to phrase it. went to upgrade with the nail gun. sound is delayed or not played there as well. this is in 19.4 with the sound changes.

2 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

sound is still wonky. playing coop through steam with the wife. my comp is the server. and sound keeps cutting out, I dig in dirt for 5 minutes, and you can see the shovel dig, but the sound is off, late, however you wish to phrase it. went to upgrade with the nail gun. sound is delayed or not played there as well. this is in 19.4 with the sound changes.

You need to go here and fill the correct form (posted by Hated). https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/bug-pool/

If you want quick and fast help though, I can tell you a bunch of tips:

Spoiler

1-Something might be wrong with your sound drivers. Quickest way to fix ? format your pc and your wife's in windows 10 and reinstall the game and the issue should be solved. If you have Windows 7 then be sure to carefuly find the correct drivers one by one . If you have Mac or Linux it might work too, but I can't help you 100% there. 

2-Another way that may fix the issue and can prove to be quicker ? uninstall the game, erase the 7dtd AppData folder along with created maps and savegames and profiles and reinstall again. Then. uninstall your sound drivers and reinstall them again. Same for your wife. I don't recommend this way if you don't know how and where to find the Appdata folder (is usually a hidden folder).

-Unlikely to be a network issue if it's recurrent. I don't think it's a general bug either. I have never experienced it neither in single nor in multiplayer. None of my friends report a similar issue. I had one bug of the sort a while ago in another game, and those tips fixed it.

1 and 2 will likely solve your issue lF you AND your wife are using Windows 10 or 7. If not, then maybe point 1, but it might not work.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:42 PM, madmole said:

Alpha 20 Art Gallery

Emt287hW4AIC1cE?format=jpg&name=large

EpfbKFYVoAM9BXv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ep8L5FDXEAEytSN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

ErVB7H3XMMEMiSP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ern4I1rW4AoEbAn?format=jpg&name=medium

Esbj53DXIAA470q?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EtFNK-9XIAUjs0w?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EuXkmjTXYAQLuGi?format=jpg&name=large

EuXkmjYXAAINiAG?format=jpg&name=large

EuXkmjYXYAAo2rS?format=jpg&name=large

I know this is a bit much but I was wondering if you guys were going to add more end game weapons as well and even some new upgrades and perks like an

UZI, Barrett.50, Glock 17, MG42, MP40, AA12, and Minigun. I know the minigun is a bit much but it could be balanced out with an Overheat mechanic and maybe you need special ammo for it and you need a perk in trading to have a small chance to get it in secret stash and it can't be crafted.

Perks

Akimbo, you could use two of the same one hand weapons at the same time and depending on what level you depends what weapons you can use it for.

Level 1-Glock 17 Akimbo

Level 2-Pistol Akimbo

Level 3-Double Barrel Shotgun Akimbo

Level 4-.44 Magnum Akimbo

Level 5- UZI and .44 Desert Vulture Akimbo

Warlord

Level 1- Learn how to craft Thermal Scopes

Level 2- Learn how to craft all under barrel attachments

Level 3- Learn how to craft the LMG Belt Fed attachment

Level 4- Learn how to craft Incindiary Shotgun Shells and Rockets

Level 5- Learn how to craft .50 Explosive rounds and Cluster Rockets

Books

Juggernaut

1- Find more heavy weaponry ammo

2- Zombies can drop more heavy weaponry ammo

3- M60s and MG42s degrade 25% slower

4- Learn how to craft Minigun Turrets (manual only)

5- Learn how to craft Minigun rounds

6- Find more heavy weapon parts

7- Heavy Weapons do 50% more damage after 10 kills within a minute

Bonus- You can now craft Juggernaut armor (you can't sprint in juggernaut armor and you take less damage the more you get hit in a short time, while wearing Juggernaut armor you take 2x more fall damage and can't jump)

Upgrades

8x Thermal Scope

6x Thermal Scope

4x Thermal Scope

2x Thermal Scope

Flamethrower Under barrel Attachment

Skeleton Key Under barrel Attachment

Bayonet Under barrel Attachment

LMG Belt Fed (you don't have to reload your weapon and instead use all your bullets in your inventory)

Ammo types

.50 Explosive rounds

Shotgun Incindiary Rounds

Cluster Rocket

Incindiary Rocket

8 hours ago, Blake_ said:

You need to go here and fill the correct form (posted by Hated). https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/bug-pool/

If you want quick and fast help though, I can tell you a bunch of tips:

Hide contents

1-Something might be wrong with your sound drivers. Quickest way to fix ? format your pc and your wife's in windows 10 and reinstall the game and the issue should be solved. If you have Windows 7 then be sure to carefuly find the correct drivers one by one . If you have Mac or Linux it might work too, but I can't help you 100% there. 

2-Another way that may fix the issue and can prove to be quicker ? uninstall the game, erase the 7dtd AppData folder along with created maps and savegames and profiles and reinstall again. Then. uninstall your sound drivers and reinstall them again. Same for your wife. I don't recommend this way if you don't know how and where to find the Appdata folder (is usually a hidden folder).

-Unlikely to be a network issue if it's recurrent. I don't think it's a general bug either. I have never experienced it neither in single nor in multiplayer. None of my friends report a similar issue. I had one bug of the sort a while ago in another game, and those tips fixed it.

1 and 2 will likely solve your issue lF you AND your wife are using Windows 10 or 7. If not, then maybe point 1, but it might not work.

thanks for the tips, but those won't help all drivers up to date, and I already cleaned all data. 1 of the machines is new. and it only happens on the pc that is the coop server. since sound is a known issue, putting it in bugs is just redundant. here I was just informing that it is still a problem.

I think there's a lot of mysticism over what Unity 2020.1 to 2020.3 does exactly over 2019.X.

(these are but a few of hundreds of fixes and improvements that affect a wide variety of aspects in the Unity editor both for development and in game).

Here's a summary of the most important ones for us players:

Spoiler

-Vulkan support fixes (unknown if it's finally 100% stable).

-Asset/Asset pipeline handling improvementes (world assets load faster, better and with less console errors and warnings)

-Light handling improvements, both global and otherwise (faster, more stable, less warnings if any)

-Better particle handling ( particles can be prettier, faster, more stable)

-General texture improvements: Mapping improvements to textures (faster stuff), LOD improvements and a miriad of other fixes and optimization thingies for quality and speed of rendering .

-That includes texture Atlas improvements (faster, more stable)

-Improved support for DX libraries and faster code handling in general (due to a LOT of bug fixes within the editor including scripting, C++, Windows package stuff, etc).

- Some multithreading improvements. Don't expect to see chickens turned into turkeys here. 

- Entities (everything that attacks you or flees from you in 7dtd) are handled better now, so expect a noticeable improvement in performance when several entities are spawning and/or on screen. Not extremely HUGE, but noticeable.

-NullReferenceException issues are produced for a variety of reasons and the ones currently in the game are usually UNITY related. Expect to see far less of them from now on (in vanilla that is, so staph using "Roland's scolding perk upgrade for odd numbers MOD" if you don't know how to uninstall it properly). The most noticeable place to see this improvement though (or rather, a bunch of fixes to this issue) is as always the Unity editor itself, because in game these things are rare.

- Some collision problems fixes, physics optimizations, speed of simulation improvements, a lot of engine stability fixes, prefab handling improvements.

-Dynamic resolution optimizations.

-AUDIO handling improvements and optimizations.

-Performance improvements, fixes and tweaks in every single aspect related to the engine that is not listed above.

So basically expect a20 to run quite a bit faster than a19.

42 minutes ago, KingSlayerGM said:

Im very curious about this. How is the new shape menu different from what we have now?

It will require a 3D-printer connected to your PC.

Every time you open the shape menu, the printer will commence to produce a 1m x 1m x1m ABS block, a chisel and a hammer. (printing time is assumed to make the game more realistic considering building time).

Once the block is finished, you can enter "creative mode" with hammer and chisel, and have absolute and total freedom shaping the block.

Then you 3D-scan it (oh didn't I mention you will have to own such one too?) and it then can be placed inside the game.