Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

52 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

@faatalthe vehicles with extra seating look great, can we expect to see this in A20?

Yes. Extra seats make it 5 vehicle mods for A20. Testing minibike now, which also supports another player on the back.

39 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Is the mask for the vehicle tint final? Looks a bit...not good. Lol. 

It is probably final for A20.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Yes. Extra seats make it 5 vehicle mods for A20. Testing minibike now, which also supports another player on the back.

Would extra seats affect the speed of the vehicle. More people, more weight, a reason to use mods like supercharger and/or fuel saver for example ?

13 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Again I'm asking, can the bicycle support a maximum of 8 people riding it? :D Maybe 20+ for those overpacked servers?

What are you doing here reading about A20 spoilers and looking at screenshots of new information!?!?

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Fair enough. Maybe it isn't so bad when it's a darker color. Just looks like it's following UV lines and gets cutoff in weird places. 

Seems ok to me, but yeah the white is not the color I would use.

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Would extra seats affect the speed of the vehicle. More people, more weight, a reason to use mods like supercharger and/or fuel saver for example ?

Nope. Not part of the design.

I did just commit the files, so the basic feature is done. May do some polish on passenger hand position or use a different anim.

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Again I'm asking, can the bicycle support a maximum of 8 people riding it? :D Maybe 20+ for those overpacked servers?

If modders change the xml, it actually can. You can add all kinds of seats at any position/rotation you want. ;)

Archived