Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

1 hour ago, nielm269 said:

But they are actually do it for themselves, not watching someone else do it for them. 

haha...You don't want to know how many times I've had to watch knitting youtubes if I want to be in the same room with the family...

Several pages late, but had to pop in to say that I totally agree with Vapid Actions whose name definitely doesn't sound trollish in any way!  I'm so mad that I purchased and gifted yet another copy of 7DTD to a coworker while it was on sale!  Yeah, take that TFP!  There's $17.49 you'll never see!

Keep up the great work!  That probably won't be the last time I buy an additional copy!

Just now, Roland said:

haha...You don't want to know how many times I've had to watch knitting youtubes if I want to be in the same room with the family...

My wife got into a year or so ago.  I have 2 wool hats now and all the dogs have their own scarves, new small blankets here and there.  She wants a spindle now.  Thankfully she lets me pick all the shows now while she just sits there and knits.  I have to make a yarn run to the store on occasion because she frequently buys way less than she needed.  Hoping to get a new sweater soon before the next blizzard knocks out the power grid again.

2 hours ago, nielm269 said:

It's not demeaning I just don't understand why people like watching someone else do something they are very capable of doing, if someone wants to sit around watching paint dry by all means do it but seems a little boring. 

You could say the same thing about a lot of people who watch Sportsball events (Football, basketball, baseball, etc).   It really isn't any different than that.

Looks like my pre alpha release duties are done.

The weekend forecast says it's gonna RAIN!

Now I'll have to go test nearly 1000 CompoPack POIs which I am thoroughly looking forward to.

@Stallionsden has done an amazing job and I think he deserves a beer or two for his efforts 

The Fun Pimps this release notes is probably in my top 10 most epic things I've ever read in my entire life

@faatal, @Kinyajuu, @Roland and @every other fun pimp:

Thank you so much for all the work, it already sounds amazing and as far as we've seen from the dev streams, it IS amazing.

Four other friends and I are going to wait for stable so we will get the full first experience how it's supposed to be. We've been excited for this a long time, and then will be my fifth 7 Days to Die playthrough. 

- 2 playthroughs in a16.4

- 1 playthrough in a17

- 1 playthrough in a19

- ... a20 soon :) 

5 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

"The biome the player is in, the POI the player is looting, and even the container they are looking at can have a loot stage bonus."

Holy sugar honey iced tea...

Finally a reason/reward of clearing T4/T5 at lower levels!

Archived