Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

13 minutes ago, SarkMCPFan said:

oh heck no.. DX

i dont know how ill be able to survive that wait lol (unless exp can use mods)

Mods will probably be updated to work on the experimental branch, depending on what they do. Most of my UI mods have worked for several alpha without me even updating them, so I guess it depends on what type of mod you are wanting to use

12 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

well, alpha 19 was around 3 months,(mid june  experimental, september release) and Alpha 20 also has the holiday hurdle to get over, so I would guess minimum 4 months.

A19 was about 7 weeks. A20 seems in good shape to me, but we will know more in a few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I just got a call from the local fire department that my hometown is possibly going to be heavily flooded so a potential evacuation will be in order within the next few days. Nice, perfect timing. I hope the rest of y'all have a great time playing A20 on Monday. :)

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SarkMCPFan said:

I hope not too long like 4 months but we'll see.

I do like the idea of city selectors.. my biggest peeve atm is lack of big cities.

thats why i have been looking so forward to a20

Based on Faatal's Response, I think  somewhere between 9-12 weeks is far more reasonable

That said though, what are the Criteria for a stable release candidate?

alot of minor or non game breaking bugs will get fixed in 20.X type patches with features sprinkled here and there.

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

So I just got a call from the local fire department that my hometown is possibly going to be heavily flooded so a potential evacuation will be in order within the next few days. Nice, perfect timing. I hope the rest of y'all have a great time playing A20 on Monday. :)

We will tell stories about it, so you can read, go and be safe now. 

22 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

What are the A21 features?

c'mon someone had to.

More important, when we will start demanding a release date for it, now or tomorrow. 

*hiding*

• Haha 1
  • Prime Face Palm 1

POIMarker tagging to filter POI’s that can spawn in a given POI spawn marker 

Just wanted to say thank you for this - for custom POIs, tagging is something that I've been wanting to see for a long time (and I'm sure I'm not alone).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faatal said:

Fixed ragdoll blend out on new zombie dog leaving it with bad positions from how Unity optimizes animations, which turned into many more hours of fix/improve general ragdolling.

Currently 7 High MFs, none of which will stop exp release. Funny how that goes.

Well, animation fixes do take A LOT of time to fix, even the tiniest ones. I can't thank you enough. My congratulations on the Release, I know those last MF ones are on a whole other level, you guys are the unspoken heroes of the MF world.

This must have been really really important to have made it into the notes twice:

• Town tiles can overlap one another, including/cutting in half POI’s 
  • XML for Hazmat zombie feral variant 
  • Fixed arrow position on steel arrow 

Make that three times, it shows up again further down.

• Towns still spawning in radiated areas 
Edited by Damolann (see edit history)

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

What town?

34 minutes ago, Roland said:

TFP: Okay, okay... Its coming Monday.

The next questions are obvious:

What pregen map has the most city space?

What pregen map has the most tier 4-5 POI's? 

What pregen map is your favorite?  Why?

OMG the release notes are HUGE!

So many good surprises so far (only half way through):  Biggest game changer?  Looted food can now keep you alive much better!

Almost every item is a treat to me!  I wasn't a fan of the Twitch integration, but I now see the fun watching (and getting involved) could be!  :)

5 hours ago, faatal said:

Currently 7 High MFs, none of which will stop exp release. Funny how that goes.

Some MF are more "maybe fix". 😃

Seriously, though, a bunch are decapitation gore related and may get done in a 20.1. They don't affect the gameplay.

Fixed: Chickens and rabbits not colliding with vehicles

Please make sure not to reintroduce this bug when adding Zombie Squirrels. 

And do they die outright? I can understand not wanting to allow Zs being killed by the vehicles which would take the fun out of the game and take the threat out of horde nights...  But (with the exception of the bicycle,) any vehicle collision with a small animal usually does not end well for the critter.

Edited by stretch611 (see edit history)