Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

6 minutes ago, SarkMCPFan said:

I hope not too long like 4 months but we'll see.

I do like the idea of city selectors.. my biggest peeve atm is lack of big cities.

thats why i have been looking so forward to a20

Based on Faatal's Response, I think  somewhere between 9-12 weeks is far more reasonable

That said though, what are the Criteria for a stable release candidate?

alot of minor or non game breaking bugs will get fixed in 20.X type patches with features sprinkled here and there.

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

So I just got a call from the local fire department that my hometown is possibly going to be heavily flooded so a potential evacuation will be in order within the next few days. Nice, perfect timing. I hope the rest of y'all have a great time playing A20 on Monday. :)

We will tell stories about it, so you can read, go and be safe now. 

22 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

What are the A21 features?

c'mon someone had to.

More important, when we will start demanding a release date for it, now or tomorrow. 

*hiding*

2 hours ago, faatal said:

Fixed ragdoll blend out on new zombie dog leaving it with bad positions from how Unity optimizes animations, which turned into many more hours of fix/improve general ragdolling.

Currently 7 High MFs, none of which will stop exp release. Funny how that goes.

Well, animation fixes do take A LOT of time to fix, even the tiniest ones. I can't thank you enough. My congratulations on the Release, I know those last MF ones are on a whole other level, you guys are the unspoken heroes of the MF world.

This must have been really really important to have made it into the notes twice:

• Town tiles can overlap one another, including/cutting in half POI’s 
  • XML for Hazmat zombie feral variant 
  • Fixed arrow position on steel arrow 

Make that three times, it shows up again further down.

• Towns still spawning in radiated areas 
Edited by Damolann (see edit history)

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

So I just got a call from the local fire department that my hometown is possibly going to be heavily flooded so a potential evacuation will be in order within the next few days. Nice, perfect timing. I hope the rest of y'all have a great time playing A20 on Monday. :)

What town?

OMG the release notes are HUGE!

So many good surprises so far (only half way through):  Biggest game changer?  Looted food can now keep you alive much better!

Almost every item is a treat to me!  I wasn't a fan of the Twitch integration, but I now see the fun watching (and getting involved) could be!  :)

5 hours ago, faatal said:

Currently 7 High MFs, none of which will stop exp release. Funny how that goes.

Some MF are more "maybe fix". 😃

Seriously, though, a bunch are decapitation gore related and may get done in a 20.1. They don't affect the gameplay.

Fixed: Chickens and rabbits not colliding with vehicles

Please make sure not to reintroduce this bug when adding Zombie Squirrels. 

And do they die outright? I can understand not wanting to allow Zs being killed by the vehicles which would take the fun out of the game and take the threat out of horde nights...  But (with the exception of the bicycle,) any vehicle collision with a small animal usually does not end well for the critter.

Edited by stretch611 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Khalagar said:

"The drones abilities can be augmented and enhanced by the player’s intellect, but players can still acquire and use a Drone without perking into it."

Any dev able to elaborate on this? What does a fully perked drone look like compared to an unperked one? Like if a 10 int + all robotic perk and magazine user finds a drone vs a level 1 character that just spawned into the world gets handed one, what benefits does the int build drone have? Is it mod slots being tied to the drone perk , or is there something more intricate like fly speed and healing power etc?

This is actually a fantastic question, and I'm glad you asked. I have also noticed the lack of information on this front, and I think that's odd since the devs have shown so many other areas of A20. I'm as confident as you are that a developer will see this question and answer it though, the same mind thinks alike after all

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Fans: When is A20 experimental coming out?! When!? When!? When!?

TFP: Okay, okay... Its coming Monday. Tuesday

Fans: Yayy!  When is A20 stable coming out?! When?! When?! When?!

fixed. yoos are sooooooo far behind

17 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

This is actually a fantastic question, and I'm glad you asked. I have also noticed the lack of information on this front, and I think that's odd since the devs have shown so many other areas of A20. I'm as confident as you are that a developer will see this question and answer it though, the same mind thinks alike after all

i see you have started to talk to yourself. dont believe the answers, they may be a little cray cray..

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

I wasn't a fan of the Twitch integration, but I now see the fun watching (and getting involved) could be!

Instead of calling it "Twitch Integration" call it "Random Event Manager Prototype" and you will have legitimate reason to celebrate all of Lathan's work in this area even if you never ever participate in a single stream.

Not to take anything away from A20 but the future has some game changing awesomeness in store....

19 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

fixed. yoos are sooooooo far behind

Yeah...sorry about all you people who live in the future. When my kids were young and worried about what might happen the next day I would just tell them not to worry because there were already people in the world living tomorrow.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Robbing Zombie said:

Traders dance? Is Rekt twerking? I had some questions about compopack working with A20 at launch, but now all I have in my head is Rekt whining "Is thät all ya gonna baaai?!" while shaking his ass at a strip pole. Dammit.

As every alpha release the compopack will be out hopefully by stable a20 release. The cp dont do experimental releases but will def get it up and working in a20.