Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Crops no longer downgrade to seedlings when harvested 
Player planted crops now give 2 fruit per harvest with a 50% chance of a seed 

Huh.

As it is now, you punch a crop, you get your harvest and the seed stays planted. With this change, you punch the crop and the seed is no longer planted but you have a 50% chance of getting the seed back in your inventory

I think...

1 minute ago, Doomofman said:

As it is now, you punch a crop, you get your harvest and the seed stays planted. With this change, you punch the crop and the seed is no longer planted but you have a 50% chance of getting the seed back in your inventory

I think...

I would assume the Living off the Land perk increases this percentage chance?

6 minutes ago, faatal said:

It is not on with Medium or lower presets.

Good to know, thx.

Any valid gut feelings considering overall performance compared to A19 with similar settings?

You know, presets could be named:

Ultra  -  max  -   high   -   medium  -   low   -   very low   -   even lower   -   dramatically low   -   Meilo(w)   

12 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Good to know, thx.

Any valid gut feelings considering overall performance compared to A19 with similar settings?

You know, presets could be named:

Ultra  -  max  -   high   -   medium  -   low   -   very low   -   even lower   -   dramatically low   -   Meilo(w)   

The same overall FPS, with less FPS spikes and some decrease in downtown areas.

The situation that is the main topic can be broken down to relationships.

Here's the logic

I sometimes like to watch my girlfriend doing things, especially if she is doing some of
those things for me.

Then there are times that i like doing those same things for her as she watches me.

Last there are times we enjoy doing those same things to each other, while watching each
other. Thats the basis of a good relationship.

Roland was right about relativity.

"Put your hand on a hot stove and a second can fell like an hour. Get your hands on a hot
woman and and hour can feel like a minute
".

"L.L. Cool J in Deep Blue Sea"

"The drones abilities can be augmented and enhanced by the player’s intellect, but players can still acquire and use a Drone without perking into it."

Any dev able to elaborate on this? What does a fully perked drone look like compared to an unperked one? Like if a 10 int + all robotic perk and magazine user finds a drone vs a level 1 character that just spawned into the world gets handed one, what benefits does the int build drone have? Is it mod slots being tied to the drone perk , or is there something more intricate like fly speed and healing power etc?

Edited by Khalagar (see edit history)

4 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I do understand now.  

I like to watch certain things and I also like to do those certain things.  and I definitely enjoy watching and doing those things at the same time.

That would explain the 100% increase  in internet traffic on Cornhub recently. 

22 minutes ago, Dares said:

Soo, from experimental to stable do I have to reset my map ? Or can I get some minor/major problems....like ?

It all depends upon what ends up needing to get fixed/changed. It is definitely possible and definitely impossible to predict with any certainty.

1 hour ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

Roland was right

Halle- frickin- lujah 

I finally have this statement from sheetz without having to piece it together from three different sentences....

#achievement get

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@faatal what are working on at the moment? How is the MF Tarot counter? :hungry:

Fixed ragdoll blend out on new zombie dog leaving it with bad positions from how Unity optimizes animations, which turned into many more hours of fix/improve general ragdolling.

Currently 7 High MFs, none of which will stop exp release. Funny how that goes.

3 minutes ago, SarkMCPFan said:

what would be the time frame between "experiemtal" and stable?

well, alpha 19 was around 3 months,(mid june  experimental, september release) and Alpha 20 also has the holiday hurdle to get over, so I would guess minimum 4 months.

29 minutes ago, faatal said:

Fixed ragdoll blend out on new zombie dog leaving it with bad positions from how Unity optimizes animations, which turned into many more hours of fix/improve general ragdolling.

Currently 7 High MFs, none of which will stop exp release. Funny how that goes.

Spaghetti ragdolls are tight! 

13 minutes ago, SarkMCPFan said:

oh heck no.. DX

i dont know how ill be able to survive that wait lol (unless exp can use mods)

Mods will probably be updated to work on the experimental branch, depending on what they do. Most of my UI mods have worked for several alpha without me even updating them, so I guess it depends on what type of mod you are wanting to use

12 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

well, alpha 19 was around 3 months,(mid june  experimental, september release) and Alpha 20 also has the holiday hurdle to get over, so I would guess minimum 4 months.

A19 was about 7 weeks. A20 seems in good shape to me, but we will know more in a few weeks.