A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

1 minute ago, Promethean Winchester said:

I kinda get his point... I mean this game was supposed to be finished way back in 2014, there's only so long a game can remain in alpha before you start to believe they're intentionally drawing it out to keep receiving grants and secure their employment. Kickstarter or some other funding coming in all the time for TFP, that probably all stops when they leave alpha stages, so they've gotten comfortable. That's like me telling my girlfriend "I know I've been an abusive @%$# for 10 years but I'm still in alpha stages". Sooner or later you gotta get your @%$# together lol

Um, no. But welcome to the forums. 

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Yep, I love the ladder fix.  I use to break my legs occasionally but now its alot easier to jump on/off.

those players complaining probably...

A) never seen a women not wearing a bra underneath move around like that...

Or

B) never seen a skyrim boob mod....now THOSE were over the top lol...

My only "complaint" about the party girl is that she IMO does not look rotten enough. her skin looks too good for a Rotten zombie! 
Take the Biker, he looks like a Person with not many things that would make you say! "yo! he is a zombie" but then you look at his face and skin and he looks like he has been dead for awhile he has Pale skin, not Normal looking clean White skin! Personally if i made her i would just add a bit more rott! at least as much a Steve! 
(Her name is Lin that's what im calling her)

But aside from that i like Her! looks 100xs better then the old stripper!
Also no one talking about the Utility Worker! 

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! his face looks like he was dropped in Acid and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

What we need is Fat jiggle physics Lol

Image Seeing Moes fat gut jiggling while hes ruining at you.. would look like me when im running!

• Reduced zombie flesh physics bounce and increased fat bounce 

That said, Moe strikes me less as the stereotypical "fat" and more of a tired rig worker 3/4 of the way through a 6 month layover pudge. Paunch is there but it doesn't jiggle much.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

That said, Moe strikes me less as the stereotypical "fat" and more of a tired rig worker 3/4 of the way through a 6 month layover pudge. Paunch is there but it doesn't jiggle much.

i just read that Lmao

But too me He is more of a Man that Loves food! 

Like me! 

16 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Why don't the devs use Nitrogen or Compopack in the base game? The general consensus is that they blow the vanilla game out of the water. The vanilla game could measure up if they incorporated certain fan-made POI's and Nitrogen's world generation into the main game. Then every second building wouldn't be "burned buildings 1-10", or "crumbling building 1-10".

Roland explained about devs view of mods in this post recently:

And if we look at Nitrogen and compopack specifically I think there are serious drawbacks and problems with integrating them.

Nitrogen is written in Java. Its integration into 7D2D is nonexistant. If they don't have someone fluent in Java and willing to dabble in that code base they would need to hire the nitrogen modder (if he is available at all) or preferably translate the sources to c# first (since that would mean easier integration and easier maintenance long term). This could have actually been an option they were thinking about but seemed to have decided against it. But who knows, maybe they are in talks with Damocles, he is awfully silent at the moment 😉

Compopack is the work of dozens of modders. To get the rights for the POIs they would need to contact and reach agreements with everyone who designed a POI they want to integrate. 90% of POIs in Compopack are not designed and balanced correctly for vanilla and would need further work to integrate them. So why rob the community of the compopack if you can just leave the POI designers adding 70 POIs per year AND have compopack as another options for players after they have seen everyone of the probably 700 POIs eventually in the game?

5 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Ok so I finally run into this chick...Im pretty sure it's her. The chick in the black dress right, with a tiny bit of right underboob showing? 

I've heard she was the new stripper & I've also heard her be called the party girl.

Either way, if this is her, I saw very little jiggle & no way this could be offensive. 

Great job on the new Z's. I gotta say the business man is my favorite of this bunch, he looks amazing. 

I just checked her out (for science) and to me it looks like her dress is jiggling, not her boobs.

7 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Either way, if this is her, I saw very little jiggle & no way this could be offensive. 

It's not offensive - it's comical and I doubt that's the look they were going for. It's boob jiggle as dreamed about by a 12 year old boy hitting puberty. Oh wait, maybe that's the target audience! Sigh.

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

You talking the tank top guy (aka bloated walker) or the hawaiian shirt guy (tourist)?

Tank top guy. 

Moe.... Or Boe.... or jo- WHY IS THERE SO MANY OE'S?

MOE, BOE, JOEL, JOE! dear god!

2 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

It's not offensive - it's comical and I doubt that's the look they were going for. It's boob jiggle as dreamed about by a 12 year old boy hitting puberty. Oh wait, maybe that's the target audience! Sigh.

Im 17 and that's still me! Hahahaa

*crys*

14 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm more concerned about the YouTube Gods and their demonetization practices.

Well. you can't do anything about that!

No god on earth, mars, Uganda or anywhere can save you from them

10 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

It's good jiggle. In fact, It's the least offensive and most realistic jiggle that I've seen in a videogame ever. And It's a +18 game. Get over it. 

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

And if we look at Nitrogen and compopack specifically I think there are serious drawbacks and problems with integrating them.

Nitrogen is written in Java. Its integration into 7D2D is nonexistant. If they don't have someone fluent in Java and willing to dabble in that code base they would need to hire the nitrogen modder (if he is available at all) or preferably translate the sources to c# first (since that would mean easier integration and easier maintenance long term). This could have actually been an option they were thinking about but seemed to have decided against it. But who knows, maybe they are in talks with Damocles, he is awfully silent at the moment 😉

Compopack is the work of dozens of modders. To get the rights for the POIs they would need to contact and reach agreements with everyone who designed a POI they want to integrate. 90% of POIs in Compopack are not designed and balanced correctly for vanilla and would need further work to integrate them. So why rob the community of the compopack if you can just leave the POI designers adding 70 POIs per year AND have compopack as another options for players after they have seen everyone of the probably 700 POIs eventually in the game?

I just checked her out (for science) and to me it looks like her dress is jiggling, not her boobs.

Having used combo pack, the POI are no where near the Fun Pumps quality esp the new POI, some are just not complete, missing textures incomplete spawners, or broken buildings, or are getting 10 copies of the same building in a town.

I love that they are there and we can use them but each would have to be taken on its merits and give a good going over to make sure its good enough and fits the theme and it is not a buggy mess to be used in the full game. 

Some of them for me have spawned half into the ground or did not have any zombie spawners in them.

Yeah compopack has serious drawbacks, like illusory blocks in doorways or windows that don't belong, are intangible, and obstruct your view. If I could use Nitrogen just for the terrain generation, but using only the vanilla POI list, I totally would... But I can't figure out how to do that. I gotta admit, I just watched a video of alpha 1 - 15 that someone sent me in a private message, and I guess I understand now why it's still in Alpha. It's grown so damn much, and it gets better every year. I would have kept some "level a skill by performing the action", specifically for weapon proficiencies, I miss that a lot, I also miss finding one book to craft all the components required for an entire vehicle, like "Minibikes for Dummies". Remember that dopamine hit when you found that godsend of a book? Imagine if you had a separate hit every playthrough for the bicycle, minibike, motorcycle, 4x4 and gyro. I still have a little resentment for losing those things, and if they made Wheels a non-recipe item, and made every vehicle parts book a single book, IE bicycle chassis and handlebars contained to one book, I have to admit, I'd be a lot happier. It always feels like you have to invest in intellect now, but you also have to invest a little into strength, those two trees have too many required things in them like Sex Rex, Miner 69er, Motherlode, Advanced Engineering, etc, which means you have a long delay in single player concerning investing in the perks you actually personally want. If there was another way to make vehicles and workstation recipes more accessible I'd be a lot happier. It seems too difficult to acquire the recipes now, where it was too easy before; They definitely nerfed the chance of finding workstation recipes in their destroyed counterparts. I'm retracting my statement from before, it's clear that every new alpha isn't wasted, and taking their time with it is the right call. But I definitely feel the approach taken by TFP concerning vehicle and workstation accessibility to all players should be revised.

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Did they remove the ability to make a tree house? 

I tried to do it like on console and I saw a few videos where you get catwalks and just place them on a tree and it didn't work....

:(

If I remember correctly, you can build frames on frames, than remove the lower ones and the upper one will "attach" to the tree and hang like that. But I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

I don't know, I didn't even see that. I mean I was looking too. After all the chatter & "controversy" I just couldn't wait to see myself. 

Then I finally ran into 2 in a row. Maybe it was overhyped? It looks more than fine to me.

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

.......Moe.... Or Boe.... or jo- WHY IS THERE SO MANY OE'S?

MOE, BOE, JOEL, JOE! dear god!....

I've wondered this too. Was it a purposeful thing or a weird coincidence? Or conspiracy......🤔

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

Did they remove the ability to make a tree house? 

I tried to do it like on console and I saw a few videos where you get catwalks and just place them on a tree and it didn't work....

:(

I've never attempted to build these. I wish you could find them as prefabs but I've never seen one.

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

i think there is a burned down house with a Tree house in the back (i don't know the name)

Yep, its in the burnt biome down the street from trader Jen in Navezgane.  It actually doesn't fall even if you remove its supports (minus the tree)

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

As far as I’m aware anyone who.Builds a POI or anything else for that matter Have no rights of ownership and therefore TFP can add anything made by the community without having to negotiate with the designer. 
That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t credit the designer but it does mean they can do whatever they like with THEIR own game. 
I’ve seen this argument before in other games and it always falls flat in the face of the facts. 
I know some of the stuff in the CP is unbalanced and or outdated but the majority of the stuff included in the last couple of updates have tried to stick with the TFP line of building. 

So build away and have fun but don’t expect anything other than congrats from your work.