Blood Draw Kit Removed?

Sjustus548

This guy can confirm :

People were suicide farming 100s of blood bags, so there was a buff that was added on death, that TFP didn't approve of, death should clear all buffs for consistency. Without that inconsistency they could farm all the blood bags they want for a one time maximum loss of 50% xp.

Furthermore, the large first aid kit violated one of 18's key principal designs which is all good crafts require a loot only trinket. As it was they were 100% farmable which also goes against everything we've done making odd loot only trinkets to craft anything decent.

More blood kits are in loot now, so it should be fine, just no endless best medical item in the game.

MM stated the reasons in dev diary, they did not like the blood drawn debuff persisting after death (removed?) and players were spamming bloodpacks then dying. Now its loot only blood bags.

I dont think I ever kept a blood bag I found in loot before, because I knew I could make them by the time i needed them. I will now lol

I dont think I ever kept a blood bag I found in loot before, because I knew I could make them by the time i needed them. I will now lol

Yeah we just got back from running a few T5 Trader quests, one being in a hospital, and we threw out a lot of them. Came back and realized the change. Guess we won't be throwing them out anymore either lol.

Yeah we just got back from running a few T5 Trader quests, one being in a hospital, and we threw out a lot of them. Came back and realized the change. Guess we won't be throwing them out anymore either lol.

It's a change I almost Knee-Jerked to not liking. Then I realized its actually good.

Let's say it was a little more "realistic" to use our own blood bags than those found in POIs (rhesus, diseases, etc.). I would have preferred that they remove all the blood bags in the loot and replace them with once-usable blood kits. But in the end, it doesn't matter.

Let's say it was a little more "realistic" to use our own blood bags than those found in POIs (rhesus, diseases, etc.). I would have preferred that they remove all the blood bags in the loot and replace them with once-usable blood kits. But in the end, it doesn't matter.

lol, yeah that would make the most sense

Ya from a realism perspective, that would make more sense (find a blood kit, make 5 blood bags and it breaks or something)

People were suicide farming 100s of blood bags, so there was a buff that was added on death, that TFP didn't approve of, death should clear all buffs for consistency. Without that inconsistency they could farm all the blood bags they want for a one time maximum loss of 50% xp.

Furthermore, the large first aid kit violated one of 18's key principal designs which is all good crafts require a loot only trinket. As it was they were 100% farmable which also goes against everything we've done making odd loot only trinkets to craft anything decent.

More blood kits are in loot now, so it should be fine, just no endless best medical item in the game.

All that reluctance fix - is deleted.

The game is successfully optimized.

Anyone know why they decided to remove Blood Draw Kits from the game? Only reason I can think of is to make First Aid Kits a lot harder to craft as you have to hope to find a Blood Bag in loot now. Seems like an odd change to me.

in experimental?

What happens to my blood draw kits that i got in my inventory now if our server continues to exist? o_o

in experimental?

What happens to my blood draw kits that i got in my inventory now if our server continues to exist? o_o

Yes, this was a change in the latest experimental. When a new stable rolls around and you wipe they not be in the game for that playthrough.

I guess, "if" you wipe. Although I wouldnt keep playing the old one when a new stable comes, that's just me. I want to play the game with the changes they implement to see how it is instead of sticking with the old.

My biggest issue with this is that I was starting to enjoy being a 'support' player in our group we have two run and gunners and our melee sledgehammer / explosives guy and I would run in with first aid kids / healing bandages and heal our group but now I guess I just spam bandages, lame. I honestly don't like this change, would have just made it more penalizing to draw too much blood.

People actually make First Aid kits? Healing Bandages are easy as hell to make and do the same job.

Existing items you had that got removed from the game now appear as "Scrappable Junk" with a placeholder icon.

i don't know... werent you the guy who said he played on insane? Because if a zombie cop irradiated hits you and you are stunned... you want a first aid kit. That or painkillers. No bandage on this earth can help you. Bandages are nice inbetween fights... but not while you are fighting!

Were night vision goggles removed? i have not seen them and i am past day 70. Are they just rare now or were they removed awhile ago and i just did not notice?

Just checked the xml, they are still in the loot tables, but only from zombie drops and the sporting goods list (this is a big listand dunno what it's actually linked to, if anything).

Still at the trader as well in the Military Armor list and the final tier of the secret stash.

So very, very rare pretty much.

Just checked the xml, they are still in the loot tables, but only from zombie drops and the sporting goods list (this is a big listand dunno what it's actually linked to, if anything).

Still at the trader as well in the Military Armor list and the final tier of the secret stash.

So very, very rare pretty much.

I got one on day ~15 or so. Not THAT rare. And since you always want to either wear the xp goggles or the loot goggles (+19 on the loot table is insane) i never use the nightvision goggle

I got one on day ~15 or so. Not THAT rare. And since you always want to either wear the xp goggles or the loot goggles (+19 on the loot table is insane) i never use the nightvision goggle

Just because you got one on day 15 doesn't mean they're not rare. I've played 60 hours of A18 and haven't seen one NVG. Not in loot, not for sale, nada. Don't remember them being that rare in A17 or earlier. Judging from those loot tables, it might actually be in the wrong loot list, although I don't know what other stuff is under "sporting goods".

Kinda sucks because I like them for late game nightly sneaking. Swapping to loot goggles for safes, crates and other big loot containers works fine, nerdy glasses' XP boost late game doesn't really weigh up to being able to utilize the nights better, imho. I just save a pair for crafting purposes.

I would like to see the healing bandages seriously debuffed and the requirements increased. I'm glad they removed the blood draw, it seems far too common for something that very few people use. It's the same in many ways to DayZ which also has a similar system, although in that case I can perhaps see the benefit of them purely because it's a different game "style". I have to admit I used one once, and threw the blood bag away. I've honestly don't think I've ever created a first aid pack ever, in any alpha.

If you are near any aloe vera then from Day 1, via the cream, and Day X via the perk, then health regen is never going to be a problem. This is perhaps where I diverge on the game philosophy with TFP. I accept that to entice more players they need to make the game easy to begin with, but for me I believe the start should be some of the hardest game you get, after which it eases off as you learn stuff then it comes back to you as your gamestage increases. A land filled with zombies should be a scary and dangerous place. The flip side to that is you get more casual gamers picking up the title and putting it down again within a few minutes because they expect it to be easy to start with.

Archived