Blood Draw Kit Removed?

Sjustus548

i don't know... werent you the guy who said he played on insane? Because if a zombie cop irradiated hits you and you are stunned... you want a first aid kit. That or painkillers. No bandage on this earth can help you. Bandages are nice inbetween fights... but not while you are fighting!

Painkillers for hot combat situations where I need a lot of HP fast. Always carry them. Healing Bandages for out of combat healing. Fit Aid kits not needed, waste of resources.

I have NVG btw. Bought from Trader.

If you are near any aloe vera then from Day 1, via the cream, and Day X via the perk, then health regen is never going to be a problem. This is perhaps where I diverge on the game philosophy with TFP. I accept that to entice more players they need to make the game easy to begin with, but for me I believe the start should be some of the hardest game you get, after which it eases off as you learn stuff then it comes back to you as your gamestage increases. A land filled with zombies should be a scary and dangerous place. The flip side to that is you get more casual gamers picking up the title and putting it down again within a few minutes because they expect it to be easy to start with.

The problem is that as an experienced player you have a different view of the game. You know how everything works, you know the recipes and the possible survival strategies by heart.

When you start in the desert you are happy about the yucca drink and the aloe. A beginner, on the other hand, will fight with the first zombie, get wounded and then meet a vulture. As soon as the beginner protection is no longer active he will also get problems with the heat and probably even die of thirst. If he gets infected, get food poisoning or diarrhoea then this is much harder for him because he does not know what to do.

An advantage of this game is that it is so easily modifiable. A beginner will hardly install mods but you can modify the game as you like.

For example, if you don't want aloe cream to heal anymore, just remove this feature. If you want to use more aloe to make the healing bandages then you can change the recipe.

This guy can confirm :

Yeah I looted a pop n pillz and came out with 30-40 blood bags, I really wish they'd stack higher than 5, same for first aid bandages etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Painkillers for hot combat situations where I need a lot of HP fast. Always carry them. Healing Bandages for out of combat healing. Fit Aid kits not needed, waste of resources.

I have NVG btw. Bought from Trader.

Painkillers are now the only instant heal there is, First aid kit is a heal over time like the bandages, so its not going to save you in a OH CRAP moment, but those painkillers? they might.

Ya from a realism perspective, that would make more sense (find a blood kit, make 5 blood bags and it breaks or something)

I don't use meds anymore but is the animation still one where you wrap a bandage around your arm while it makes a defibrillator sound? Not sure how it works or where you blood comes in, from a realism perspective. Lol

Just checked the xml, they are still in the loot tables, but only from zombie drops and the sporting goods list (this is a big listand dunno what it's actually linked to, if anything).

Still at the trader as well in the Military Armor list and the final tier of the secret stash.

So very, very rare pretty much.

Ok, thanks for the answer. I am on day 96 and have not seen any. I guess i do need to put points into lucky looter. Even though i am not a stealth build, they are pretty useful in some situations. I do wish you could use them with scopes though.

Let's say it was a little more "realistic" to use our own blood bags than those found in POIs (rhesus, diseases, etc.). I would have preferred that they remove all the blood bags in the loot and replace them with once-usable blood kits. But in the end, it doesn't matter.

If they absolutely wanted to have a "loot-only" component, they could make that be the blood draw kits.

It really makes more sense to use your own blood to craft the first-aid kits anyway.

If they want to stop spamming, just make it have a limited number of uses before it breaks.

But typical fun pimps, they ditch the whole mechanic.

As if anyone would trust using the unrefrigerated bag of blood they found laying in a trash can enough to use it for anything.

Archived