That One Week That Madmole Went Away

Exxodous

Totally agree about discussion. I didn't think food spoilage is a topic I care much about, but feel it is a core aspect of the game that is worthy of possible discussion. What I have been reading lately, however, just seemed like people were making a game out of how many changes they could ask for in one thread. There were multiple posts on the jump animation of the spider zombie. As far as a list of things the core gameplay mechanics require this doesn't even register. I understand the quick fixes that TFP can pull off and don't require many developer resources, but some of these were hard to take seriously.

It is like someone writes a novel that is 90% complete, then a few readers who didn't contribute to the initial authoring of the novel feel like certain aspects of the story should change because that is what they like now and start "debating" with the authors on why it should be that way after the fact.

This kind of chipping away at the TFP vision is certainly not going to endear MM to finish his videos any time soon. Remember, TFP could follow the attitude of the developers of say, The Forest, and simply end any communication between long releases.

I agree discussions are good and can provide alternate points of view that may not have been considered. Eventually the discussion is over and it is time to let it go and move on. However some here seem to think that when that point comes they should just act like a two year old that's just been told NO! and whine and cry to try and get their way.

I don't blame MM in the least for getting tired of it and taking a break. There has been more open communication with TFP than any other game company I know of but this constant whining and nitpicking about non-issues will put an end to that I assure you. At some point it's just not worth putting up with anymore.

Just for info: The Devs are not spending ANY time on nerdpoling. It is NOT being removed per MadMole. The only people wasting time on it are players commenting about a mechanic that is done/finished/complete/finis! :)

Why do you think the mechanics are already complete/is done/finished/finis?

She's still changing.

It constantly introduces new changes, added, removed...deleted, erased, eliminated....in general - it often loses something ;)

Nitpicking the tutorial, nerdpole and now saying skyrim's stealth is trash? Thats enough for me me. I'll check back next week to see if there are any sane topics to talk about or actual questions that I haven't answered 5000 times.

"Goodbye" posts are a violation of the TOS.

-A

She's still changing.

It constantly introduces new changes, added, removed...deleted, erased, eliminated....in general - it often loses something ;)

How do you react if one of your recruits continues with a discussion after you said "I made my decision. Discussion is over". Would you let him argue with you further? Surely not.

But a month later the situation might have changed and created new facts. And if you are a good instructor you might hear him out again if he has a better argument now. Or you might think about the discussion again and re-evaluate the situation. A month (or in the case of TFP an alpha) later, a new situation.

How do you react if one of your recruits continues with a discussion after you said "I made my decision. Discussion is over". Would you let him argue with you further? Surely not.

But a month later the situation might have changed and created new facts. And if you are a good instructor you might hear him out again if he has a better argument now. Or you might think about the discussion again and re-evaluate the situation. A month later, a new situation. Now you are talking against a wall.

I don't understand what you're reading... I wrote that the mechanics of the game are still changing.

Because it's alpha. Or not?

Can't you see that there are changes with every alpha?

where is this about some kind of dispute?

I don't understand what you're reading... I wrote that the mechanics of the game are still changing.

Because it's alpha. Or not?

Can't you see that there are changes with every alpha?

where is this about some kind of dispute?

A discussion is not a dispute. We are discussing among us and with TFP, all the time. When they say they have decided something that usually means there is no point in further discussing it at that time. Until a new alpha is available and maybe a new situation might make a new discussion over the same topic possible or necessary.

A discussion is not a dispute. We are discussing among us and with TFP, all the time. When they say they have decided something that usually means there is no point in further discussing it at that time. Until a new alpha is available and maybe a new situation might make a new discussion over the same topic possible or necessary.

...hmmm, Yes....

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&p=981327&viewfull=1#post981327

But still - what does this have to do with what i wrote here?

She's still changing.

I think you that the missed on inertia - and are confused :)

About a year and a half ago I gave a code named hint for an upcoming feature. So for a change in topic let me do so again. Joel will probably reveal it when he returns but until then let’s see what guesses arise from

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

I think this is due to the fact that the game now appeared underwater environment. This is a new underwater enemy.

Not fish. It's crawling on the bottom.

It's shrimp.

It's Mantis Shrimp.

Hang on, updating my spreadsheet.

She's still changing.

Notice I did not say "mechanics". I said "a mechanic". Singular. The mechanic of nerdpoling. The topic we were talking about. The mechanic MM said was definitively NOT being changed. I think it's fairly obvious.

Notice I did not say "mechanics". I said "a mechanic". Singular. The mechanic of nerdpoling. The topic we were talking about. The mechanic MM said was definitively NOT being changed. I think it's fairly obvious.

329rwm.jpg

Archived