Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yes you will be able to craft purple items with random stats. Since its a lot of parts you won't be able to spam craft. Stone tools will still be mid range so players do not try to spam craft the best ones.

We can think about moving it to agility.

One direction I would of liked to see crafting go is that you could not craft the best weapons/tools only loot those. Instead you could only craft the best mods and loot the basic ones. A combination of mods that could only be found and some you could only learn through skills.

This way you could either have the best weapons/tools and OK mods or OK weapons/tools and the best mods. Depending on if you wanted to loot or craft your equipment.

The way I see it is in every post apocalyptic/mad max movie everyone uses old world weapons/tools with crazy modifications that did not exist in the old world.

I would of liked to see the slow transition into a crazy Mad Max world as the game progresses.

I'm so excited to hear we will be able to craft top-level items! I think the randomization adds a great layer of replayability / depth to the itemization. Take a gamble on crafting, and if you get a low-end roll, scrap it and keep farming up new parts to try again.

Looking forward to seeing if Hunstman gets moved into Agility. Crossing my fingers!

It really shows. I think the different stat trees and perks, in their current form, feel great. They really allow diversity while making you truly think about your choices. The schematic system allows you to continue progression alongside leveling and perks without being "punished" by your choices. It really gives it that RPG class feel without discouraging either specialization nor diversity (jack-of-all-trades).

Thanks to all the staff for their hard work and communication. You have a great game here, and it keeps getting better with each iteration!

with that said will we get 5 mod slots for lvl 6 again only 4 seems kinda weak idk. I love mods!!

We are doing some balance, people are getting good gear too soon. This will restore crafting as all the brown guns you find will be crafted into something better, until the loot catches up with you, then later game you will probably loot something better than what you crafted early game. Its not going to be brown forever and there will still be a chance for purple on day 1, but generally we're stretching the crappy gear out a little more is all to make crafting more of a thing again.

This sounds like excellent news! Will the traders be nerfed as well(earlier on), in terms of level 6 gear? When I bought that purple AK-47 on day 4, I've seen so many purple high-end weapons (other AK-47's included) at the trader that I couldn't possibly count them all. And I have 3 traders, so triple the purples. :p

Odd I can confirm that happened to me as well. I was attacked by vultures when I was over 100 health and fully healed. Perhaps there is a bug with the code when your health is over 100 that causes it to occur?

The ones at pois attack you no matter what. I was running by one of those little camp sites and had about 6 on me. Was full health too.

Any good mod setups for level 6 knuckles? I'm rolling with serrated blades + the flaming mod (which makes it hard to see anything with the fists staying center screen and the flames taking up all the area around them :/ ) but I really dont know wtf to put on them otherwise to fill up the extra 2 slots (or 3 if I dont want to deal with constant flames blocking my fov)

Rad Remover, Structural Brace. (:

to keep it in context.... "Steel Arrows" and "Steel bolts"... not regular arrows and bolts. :)

I think if it was changed so Iron arrows and bolts didn't use feathers or had 2 recipes to make it with feathers OR Polymers that would be perfect.

I basically do not use the bow at all because its just to hard to get the ammo for it and takes way to much work.

It is now day 28. I have 5k 7.62 ammo crafted, a dozen contact grenades, a dozen molotovs (that I found in loot), and two stacks of AP 7.62 ammo that I bought from the trader. Right now I'm just going to go on a couple of final loot runs before Judgement Night arrives.

God speed.

Archived