Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

IMO about anything will work better than a sniper rifle for clearing vultures. I imagine the spear would have done well I just never killed a vulture with one yet. My fist guy would just punch them and they would go flying. Sledge guy does area damage you could probably just hit the ground and kill them.

I just had an idea for intellect build watching you fight the vultures.

Give the INT build a unique ability to craft and wear electric shock armor. When enemies hits you, the first one will get stunned until the armor recharges again. (timer)

This would give the INT guy an amazing tool against vultures. When the armor is recharged and a vulture attacks you, it drops to the ground and you can finish it off before the shock wears off.

I just had an idea for intellect build watching you fight the vultures.

Give the INT build a unique ability to craft and wear electric shock armor. When enemies hits you, the first one will get stunned until the armor recharges again. (timer)

This would give the INT guy an amazing tool against vultures. When the armor is recharged and a vulture attacks you, it drops to the ground and you can finish it off before the shock wears off.

that would be cool

maybe it uses , lead steel and electric parts

and its covered head to toe and the more your attacked the more "charge" it gets

You could just "run" backwards.

(Seriously, I'm pretty sure this is the reverse of that big argument pre-A17.)

or uses spear

I'm not following these comments.

He is pushing for zombies to be faster than players in the highest settings.

How does the player running backwards or using spears make the zombies run faster than the player?

@madmole: Before it gets too busy this weekend and onward, feel like briefly outlining any plans you have for vanilla late game? Not specifics, but you have mentioned the industrial forge and we have the demolisher coming. Do you think most of the replayability will lie in restarting as a new build? (I think a lot of people might just chug the forgettin' elixir we have coming instead.) I get the feeling a lot of this stuff will be relegated to mods and, if that's true, do you all have plans to expose whatever is possible and maybe even add some requests for hooks, etc. as you develop for gold and mod support? (If this one will probably open up a can of worms, I can understand if you stay sealed up on it some.)

I'm curious because of how you seem to feel about more complexity in systems like electricity and what the industrial forge adds to the game. For me, the forge will kind of just be a new decor item. If I have a big build planned, I get cement started ASAP at forges around the map and have never really needed more than 3, maybe 4 if I'm building something crazy out of concrete. So, the forge will definitely be a cool, new milestone to reach and sounds like it will take the place of multiple regular forges, but by the time I get to it I doubt I'll be hurting for materials. I enjoy decorating the base, but looking at all the neat stuff only goes so far. I like complex systems to play with for improving my base after I am totally self-sustained and mostly decked-out.

I'm like the zombie apocalypse- I got almost all the patience(ts) in the world. Still, though, I am dying to know if some of my pimp dreams may eventually come true.

Forgettin elixer? No way. Its SO much fun to start a new build, I would never take that crap in a million years unless I was playing a 6 month pvp game against a hated clan. Why shortcut that early game and progression? Its glorious to start over on a 100+ hour journey that feels different. Buying all those perks in 2 minutes is like fast forwarding to a good ending of a great movie.

Reinforced concrete is twice as expensive in that it takes 20 to upgrade from frames now. Its 10 for regular concrete and 10 to upgrade that again to r concrete, so no matter what your paying full price now, frames are just a convenience feature so you don't make mistakes. That said I need 4 forges with mods burning most of the time just to keep up. I even reduced how much cement you need because it was too grindy.

Are Dire Wolves broken in the latest a17 build? Haven’t seen one since a17 first dropped

I can confirm they are still there in a17.4. They are rare though, unless you are 100% of the time in the forest, in which case not so much. And they are not black.

i can confirm they are still there in a17.4. They are rare though, unless you are 100% of the time in the forest, in which case not so much.

i find too many!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the color of it was the same as a regular wolf for some time. I thought they changed it back at the end of A17 though.

YES just bigger

- - - Updated - - -

also there should be more dire (blanks) in a later alpha like dire bears , dire lion etc

Archived