Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@MM

I have a question about the nerdy glasses (goggles)

currently in A17.4 they give you a 10% xp gain and +1 to your crafting tier? I just read through the entire A18 Change log and patch notes and nothing was mentioned that nerdy glasses (goggles) were changed. being that we can only craft lvl 5 Quality now will nerdy glasses (goggles) still grant that +1 to crafting quality in A18, getting us to lvl 6 quality?

Thank you!

Nope. 10% xp and +1 to INT.

I was thinking for a first pass at it in A19. Down the road some options like a semi truck as a mobile base would be absolutely awesome.

Tellin you guys, "Winnebago of the Apocalypse". 2 or 3 beds, cooker, minifridge, toilet, roof access, scooter mounts on back and gun rack in the front. Great for camping, fishing and cruising down the road at a top speed of 40mph on horde night while your homies shoot zeds from the roof.

Getting rid of the gut though, ab outlines are back.

lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Tellin you guys, "Winnebago of the Apocalypse". 2 or 3 beds, cooker, minifridge, toilet, roof access, scooter mounts on back and gun rack in the front. Great for camping, fishing and cruising down the road at a top speed of 40mph on horde night while your homies shoot zeds from the roof.

did you see the rest of our Gator idea?

Cigar helps with trading.

I want to know what they do in A18? because according to the lack of them being in mentioned in the changelog makes me wonder if they have been changed and if so what do nerd googles do now?

Cigars give you +1 Str and a discount at traders.

any chance of removing the caps for attributes? I mean keep it at 10 when naked but allow things like cigars and nerdy glasses to take you over for some nice big bonuses. sorta like Diablo 1 (or was it 2?) where + to skills got exponentially better above the natural max.

Could pretty much do the 4x4 with a trailer attachment that has mount points for 4-6 workstations and maybe some extra storage. Make it like a super mod for the 4x4. And maybe a smaller one with half the size for the motorcycle.

Probably not hard but would be new behavior. Parking a trailer might be nice though, but a big rv or gutted out bus would be cool too.

Wrong. Gas barrels were there since forever. You could pick them up with E. A18 is the first to implement lootable Gas barrels, quite different from pickable ones. The fundamental behaviour has changed, so I believe he meant exactly that.

I've been looting them so long I forgot. Yes I stand corrected, they were OP as hell too.

And rage is irrelevant, simply because I am talking about whether the player can run away from zombies. So since I always take words at face value, according to faatal, they are only "about as fast" with rage - so still quite slower at their default nightmare speed. And to suggest that I need to experience this, in order to gauge how it will play out, is just silly.

You could just "run" backwards.

(Seriously, I'm pretty sure this is the reverse of that big argument pre-A17.)

Archived