Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@MM

I have a question about the nerdy glasses (goggles)

currently in A17.4 they give you a 10% xp gain and +1 to your crafting tier? I just read through the entire A18 Change log and patch notes and nothing was mentioned that nerdy glasses (goggles) were changed. being that we can only craft lvl 5 Quality now will nerdy glasses (goggles) still grant that +1 to crafting quality in A18, getting us to lvl 6 quality?

Thank you!

Sorry, but that's nonsense. It's not about any new/complex mechanics like the A17 health/stamina degradation that replaced wellness which you had to experience to exactly know how it works in order to give proper feedback. It's about whether zombies are faster than the player or not - and no, playtime feedback is not required for such a thing, especially considering that I didn't start the game yesterday.

And rage is irrelevant, simply because I am talking about whether the player can run away from zombies. So since I always take words at face value, according to faatal, they are only "about as fast" with rage - so still quite slower at their default nightmare speed. And to suggest that I need to experience this, in order to gauge how it will play out, is just silly.

Read what Roland wrote to you again and slowly. Sorry bud, it makes sense, a lot. ;)

@MM

currently in A17.4 they give you a 10% xp gain and +1 to your crafting tier? I just read through the entire A18 Change log and patch notes and nothing was mentioned that nerdy glasses (goggles) were changed. being that we can only craft lvl 5 Quality now will nerdy glasses (goggles) still grant that +1 to crafting quality in A18, getting us to lvl 6 quality?

Thank you!

i think those are a little too OP

the XP thing im fine with but the +1 tier would be OP for A18

maybe Helps you with trading?

extra Crafting speed?

or even Plus 2 to intelligence

i think those are a little too OP

the XP thing im fine with but the +1 tier would be OP for A18

maybe Helps you with trading?

extra Crafting speed?

or even Plus 2 to intelligence

Cigar helps with trading.

I want to know what they do in A18? because according to the lack of them being in mentioned in the changelog makes me wonder if they have been changed and if so what do nerd googles do now?

Cigar helps with trading.

I want to know what they do in A18? because according to the lack of them being in mentioned in the changelog makes me wonder if they have been changed and if so what do nerd googles do now?

never found a cigar lol

but i think that tier 6 can earned by!

Looting!

or

trading!

Sorry, but that's nonsense. It's not about any new/complex mechanics like the A17 health/stamina degradation that replaced wellness which you had to experience to exactly know how it works in order to give proper feedback. It's about whether zombies are faster than the player or not - and no, playtime feedback is not required for such a thing, especially considering that I didn't start the game yesterday.

And rage is irrelevant, simply because I am talking about whether the player can run away from zombies. So since I always take words at face value, according to faatal, they are only "about as fast" with rage - so still quite slower at their default nightmare speed. And to suggest that I need to experience this, in order to gauge how it will play out, is just silly.

I think at this moment you are trying to make a persuasive argument...But your right fighter instinct has kicked in...and loses reason.

Read what Roland wrote to you again and slowly. Sorry bud, it makes sense, a lot. ;)

How about reading my post slowly as well to see that I've replied properly to his... points. Or you could even point out to me something to which I failed to reply, instead of, you know, trying to be a wiseass.

I think at this moment you are trying to make a persuasive argument...But your right fighter instinct has kicked in...and loses reason.

I just explained in detail why I considered that nonsense. I think my explanation was quite reasonable. Or care to elaborate in favor the opposite instead of trying your hand at ...psychology?

How about reading my post slowly as well to see that I've replied properly to his... points. Or you could even point out to me something to which I failed to reply, instead of, you know, trying to be a wiseass.

And beerfly and Roland answered properly too. Just wait and test. It is already to late to change anything now :smile-new:

Last minute changes can cause more bugs, next week would be the right time after testing it ingame to ask for adjustments.

never found a cigar lol

but i think that tier 6 can earned by!

Looting!

or

trading!

I found my cigar in the managers safe in the shamway factory. But you can also find it in drawers or buy it from a trader. It gives you strength + 1 and you get better prices at the trader. Saves me 5 points to spend to max out the strength attribute.

Q6 Items cannot be crafted in A18. Crafting is capped at Q5.

I am not even sure that the nerdy glasses affect all of the crafting in A18. In A17 all crafting was governed by the intelligence attribute but in A18 crafting of different items is governed by different perks. For example the crafting of shotguns is governed by the Shotgun Messiah perk.

I already have my boots hung on my workbench. I have been good this year so I am expecting coal....and a little nitrate so I can make some gunpowder.

I'm hoping for a shiny new fireman's helmet and book set I'm my boots. I've been mostly good except for whining for a hang glider or parasail.

I already know I'm getting the vehicle run toggle though, so I'm good.

I'm hoping for a shiny new fireman's helmet and book set I'm my boots. I've been mostly good except for whining for a hang glider or parasail.

I already know I'm getting the vehicle run toggle though, so I'm good.

i want a firefighter Suit , Spear! , 2 number 9's!i want everything

but mostly i want the update but i have to play to tuesday

@MM

Thank you!

I believe Madmole said in an earlier post that Nerdy Glasses now just give +10% EXP gain and +1 INT; no crafting tier upgrade anymore.

Before going crazy over the speed and complaining, how about trying a18 first?

Yeah a lot of things might deserve complaining about, BUT we need to try the new build first with an open mind.

They seemed to running pretty fast enough in madmole's last horde night video.

ill try it for Free!

and my mind is Wider then a Quarry!

Before going crazy over the speed and complaining, how about trying a18 first?

Yeah a lot of things might deserve complaining about, BUT we need to try the new build first with an open mind.

They seemed to running pretty fast enough in madmole's last horde night video.

First of all - when exactly did I go crazy? And since when is feedback considered as complaining? Always kept an open mind - with wellness, with LBD etc, and suggested that one should try out the new systems first. However, this has nothing to do with open-mindedness or anything - it is the simple fact that zombies are slower than the player. No need for playtesting for something such as this, especially when one has spent so many hours into the game.

first of all - when exactly did i go crazy? And since when is feedback considered as complaining? Always kept an open mind - with wellness, with lbd etc, and suggested that one should try out the new systems first. However, this has nothing to do with open-mindedness or anything - it is the simple fact that zombies are slower than the player. No need for playtesting for something such as this, especially when one has spent so many hours into the game.

enough!!!!!!!

ALL OF YOU!!!

First of all - when exactly did I go crazy? And since when is feedback considered as complaining? Always kept an open mind - with wellness, with LBD etc, and suggested that one should try out the new systems first. However, this has nothing to do with open-mindedness or anything - it is the simple fact that zombies are slower than the player. No need for playtesting for something such as this, especially when one has spent so many hours into the game.

So are u saying that u feel the zombies on the fastest setting should not be slower than the player?

Is it just me, or is there little point in having 4 different speed settings, and none of them making zombies faster than the player? It's flabbergasting, really.

Yes, in entityclasses. Don't want to increase the base speed though. It's only the nightmare speed multiplier that I want to increase - got any idea of how to do that?

Also Roland come out of your cave and chime in on this too instead of making bingo complaint boards :violin:

This was your first recent post on this subject. MM has said multiple times over the past couple of weeks that TFP wants to have the option of a faster speed but is limited by the current implementation. It’s unclear from Fataal’s post whether or not the issue referenced by MM has been resolved. Regardless, a faster speed was not possible before and may be possible now. Rather than getting all huffy about this why not give TFP a little time since Fataal just made the change.

I believe Madmole said in an earlier post that Nerdy Glasses now just give +10% EXP gain and +1 INT; no crafting tier upgrade anymore.

That's what I recall as well; I don't know how they changed stat costs, so it may be still quite a powerful item. (Cigar, for example, saved you from spending 5 points on STR 10 in A17 to get final tier perks)

So are u saying that u feel the zombies on the fastest setting should not be slower than the player?

615D%2Bu4-VsL._SX425_.jpg

lol

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I recall as well; I don't know how they changed stat costs, so it may be still quite a powerful item. (Cigar, for example, saved you from spending 5 points on STR 10 in A17 to get final tier perks)

i dont remember i have the brain span of a rock!

Archived