Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Faatal,

What is the largest size map we can make in RWG with A18? Are the 8k still the max or can we go back to the 16k or bigger?

Coughs * Airport POI * Coughs

i can see why your called your called the chronic cougher lol

cough* More scrapable vehicles * cough

- - - Updated - - -

I'll play :-)

How about a twin-barrelled semi-automatic micro-RPG launcher?

<cough> 40k storm bolter <cough>

aka grenade machine gun form fallout NV lol

I think that was before A17, in A17 that's not working

Gotcha, wasn't sure just what I found. Maybe someone will have the right answer for ya.

Not sure if this been asked and answered already but 1 hour days it seems to last all night with zombies keep coming. By changing to 2 hour days do we still get the same effect or does it effect the flow any?

same i dont wants bullets everywhere but so you can go " oh a little treat" rather then "oh boy more 44 rounds.......... yeaaah"

I can just recall being so bullet starved that I never used guns early game at all, and by later game I could craft as much as I wanted, excepting the brass shortages.

I'd happily use a gun earlier if I could find enough ammo, and have a silencer for stealth. We'll see how it is in a few days!

In fact he wants zombies to be FASTER than the player on Nightmare setting. So no, not "N1"

Is it just me, or is there little point in having 4 different speed settings, and none of them making zombies faster than the player? It's flabbergasting, really.

Unless its changed from a17, each zombie has a base speed entry in xml, and the difficulty is a multiplier of that speed. You could easily just increase all the base speeds yourself, or just increase the speeds of specific zombies with text editing. I think player speed is in there as well, so you canb use that as a reference for the zombie speed.

Yes, in entityclasses. Don't want to increase the base speed though. It's only the nightmare speed multiplier that I want to increase - got any idea of how to do that?

Also Roland come out of your cave and chime in on this too instead of making bingo complaint boards :violin:

Are the "custom Artist created height map stamps" of RWG small patches that are then patched together or is it one stamp for a full map? In the latter case would that mean that the distribution of hills and valleys is selected from a limited pool?

In addition to random gen noise made terrain you'll have stamped objects, but they'll be at various depths and rotations so they won't look alike.

...just a guess, from playing with Gaia these last few months.

Madmole - Will 16K maps work with A18? If so, Will it create a "normal" map including an appropriate amount of traders?

- - - Updated - - -

hi,

do you have to buy the new a18 again, even if you already have the a17?

Thanks

blodo

No. You have an Alpha game. It goes through phases. It's all the same game.

Madmole - Will 16K maps work with A18? If so, Will it create a "normal" map including an appropriate amount of traders?

- - - Updated - - -

No. You have an Alpha game. It goes through phases. It's all the same game.

nice, thanks

And here I thought the lesson learned was that a great deal of general dehydration could have been avoided if people would’ve trusted the Pimps when they said the 17.0 zombie AI wasn’t final— instead of spraying tears everywhere about how base design was dead forever and zombies shouldn’t be so smart....

Meh. Cause and effect, chicken and egg. I get your point and it's valid, but so is that the more players speak up about something that bothers them, the more urgent it could become to improve for the next alpha. It's not like they put out A17 and knew within the first days there would immediately be a ramp cheese. If nobody said anything, other things may have been worked on instead, or if the AI was worked on due to said incompleteness, it may not have gone in the direction as many players were suggesting and we wouldn't have the same A18 we are about to get.

Is it just me, or is there little point in having 4 different speed settings, and none of them making zombies faster than the player? It's flabbergasting, really.

Yes, in entityclasses. Don't want to increase the base speed though. It's only the nightmare speed multiplier that I want to increase - got any idea of how to do that?

Also Roland come out of your cave and chime in on this too instead of making bingo complaint boards :violin:

Okay. You’re being needlessly reactionary. Faatal said they are working on it and he will continue to refine it. I know for a fact he wants nightmare mode to be the setting where zeds are faster than players but not all the animations and movement types look good when sped up that fast.

They just solved the problem that prevented them from increasing the speed and now they will be working on making it work with animations so it doesn’t look stupid.

It is happening but it isn’t finished.

/chimed

Archived