Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@madmole It says in the patch notes, "Air conditioners and new car radiators models drop radiators when destroyed." I saw you wrenching a radiator in a house and getting a brass radiator out of it in one of your videos. I'm just wondering, are these the air conditioners you were talking about? (As in, will these types have a chance of giving you brass radiators when you wrench them?

6OIxF0c.jpg

I think its a 70% chance to drop a radiator if wrenched.

I think, to avoid predicatable behaviour we actually need more than one AI Pathing logic. Like, so zombie follow the available path, going through tunnel etc, like they do now. But 20% of them just see you and come straight line to you, if any obstacle they hit it mindlessly and break it, and then start coming again. If you are on top then they hit near by pillars or dig ground. 5%-10% of zombie use both in a mix, that if they are 20 blocks away they go through available path, but when on 5 or less block away they rush straight line. This mix will make things more interesting and reduce load of AI path calculation on CPU as all are not finding complex path.

This is roughly what it does in A18.

Not really.

Linux with 8GB ram can have trouble with generation or joining a RWG world.

Radeon can generate comb like areas in RWG world.

There is no mention of 4k vs 8k maps.

Cheers

you need to keep up, MM stated this some time ago when I asked. go back a few days. until then your corrections are not always accurate.

edit: tho i really am not sure what causes this problem why radeon 4k is ok, but 8k isnt. I am not a coder, so I have no further knowledge upon this

you need to keep up, MM stated this some time ago when I asked. go back a few days. until then your corrections are not always accurate.

"look at the patch notes known issues. Radeon 8k rwg. 4k works, Nvidia works"

Then dont mention the patch notes. ;)

Cheers

i would like that

then the pig

then the wolf

then a rattlesnake that shoots zombie bear's and flys lol

I am holding out for zombie crocs, make the water dangerous to swim around in. Although it is Arizona and not much in the water up there is dangerous. Might as well have piranha. But crocs could hang in the water and chase you on shore. Also it would be hilarious to be wandering around a lake, see a zed, croc comes out of the water and latches on to its leg and drags it back into the water while the zed complains loudly and flails its arms helplessly.

I am holding out for zombie crocs, make the water dangerous to swim around in. Although it is Arizona and not much in the water up there is dangerous. Might as well have piranha. But crocs could hang in the water and chase you on shore. Also it would be hilarious to be wandering around a lake, see a zed, croc comes out of the water and latches on to its leg and drags it back into the water while the zed complains loudly and flails its arms helplessly.

the day we can just spawn zombie crocs in a mote where they cant leave so its a "forced tame" i will make a hermit castle

Archived