Thoughts on the gyro copter

andrewcu

Based on the release notes, it looks like the gyro copter made the final cut, just barely. What are peoples thoughts on this? Is it going to be an end game thing or do you want to be able to build it ASAP and take complete advantage of it? Me personally, i dont really like the thought of it early on, this is definitely going to be an end game thing for me if i even use it at all. Maybe itll be necessary with the new perk system and all the new things though, im curious to see how it works out

I'm probably gonna mod it out, or make it use ungodly amounts of fuel.

you might want to test it in game before changing anything (may be gated enough), if not we will be watching and listening. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope it has storage space or i'd never bother with it.

all usable vehicles have storage now. :)

you might want to test it in game before changing anything (may be gated enough), if not we will be watching and listening. :)

- - - Updated - - -

all usable vehicles have storage now. :)

Anything that can potentially skip the horde by just flying above it is a no as far as I'm concerned. :p

Hence why I need to see what it can do.

This has been the discussion in my stream about A17 for the last month or more... consensus is that we cannot see how it fits in. Either going to be too OP, or use so much fuel that it's not viable to use. This is the only part of A17 that I was not much a fan of.

In my last game I was living on an island. It was cool and all, but it would take forever to travel to the main land and to the nearest cities. This was because there were only two roads that connected me to the rest of the world.

The gyrocopter would have been so much better than my minibike because I could have easily flown over the lake :)

Can't wait to try it! I will defenitely try to build it asap;)

I love the idea of the Gyro Copter!!!

I would also like to see it unable to fly on Horde nights.

Perhaps the wind is too strong or some electromagnetic field causes instability.

Don't really care about the realism of "why" it doesn't work, just don't want it working on Horde nights.

I'm thinking it would be very useful for runs to the traders. Fly over water/mtns etc, fuel usage would be worth the time saved.

It better be fast enough to out run the stupid vultures. (or at least be able to turn the blades into a bird blender!) :p

We've seen some hints here that vultures are going to be a problem.

Wonder if they're any good at attacking a copter.

Maybe I'll mod in a flame thrower for my gyro!

OR A FREAKIN' LASER!!

uoEYHCO.gif

About the gyrocopter....will it be fast enough to catch one of those drop planes. I want to be able to look the pilot in the eye and give him the "What the hell is the deal with dropping everything in the middle of the lake" looks....then moon him and take off.

NVM...someone sent this pic so it explains it all...

ya1JRux.jpg

I love the idea of the Gyro Copter!!!

I would also like to see it unable to fly on Horde nights.

Perhaps the wind is too strong or some electromagnetic field causes instability.

Don't really care about the realism of "why" it doesn't work, just don't want it working on Horde nights.

I don't mind not being able to fly the gyrocopter during horde night. But it has to be because of something real, not just as a rule.

Lemme explain:

if I try to fly the gyrocopter during horde night and a message comes up and says "sorry, horde night, can't use it right now", that would be very annoying and immersion breaking. But if I could actually start it and lift off, and then crash seconds later for the strong winds, that would be really nice. It would scare the ♥♥♥♥ out of many players and I would not break immerion at all.

I think that having the gyro take damage when flying in any electrical storm would be a fun idea. So if your flying on a long loot run away from your base and a thunderstorm hits, you have to land relatively quickly and then go to plan B.

And since we already have lightning on the blood moon nights already, that could be a relatively realistic way to go about it.

Archived